Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Diet Soda

Started by shin, January 14, 2016, 09:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"^Classic means good and that is not the word I would use to describe Nirvana.

Unfortunately not all "classic rock" is actually "classic"......Some of it is down right shitty. :negative:

ac_umm Maybe it's just classically shitty.  ac_unsure  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^Classic means good and that is not the word I would use to describe Nirvana.

Unfortunately not all "classic rock" is actually "classic"......Some of it is down right shitty. :negative:

ac_umm Maybe it's just classically shitty.  ac_unsure  ac_biggrin

I don't mind Nirvana.

The Donald

I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.
Make America Great Again

Mona

Quote from: "The Donald"I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.

I drank diet pepsi and non-diet coke as a teen, but I only had one can every so often.  It was not my main source of fluid.  I really don't like the bubbles.  

My mother freaked out and thought I was on a diet, but I preferred the diet pepsi to the regular one for taste, and taste alone.  But I haven't really had either regularly since my teens.

And at the time I was 53 - 55kg and 165cm, which is barely reaching the lower end of the normal weight range for my height.

Anonymous

Megyn Kelly drinks that shit. ac_razz

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"

I drank diet pepsi and non-diet coke as a teen, but I only had one can every so often.  It was not my main source of fluid.  I really don't like the bubbles.  

My mother freaked out and thought I was on a diet, but I preferred the diet pepsi to the regular one for taste, and taste alone.  But I haven't really had either regularly since my teens.

And at the time I was 53 - 55kg and 165cm, which is barely reaching the lower end of the normal weight range for my height.

A little Pepsi or Coke on occasion is not the end of the world.

Mona

Quote from: "Fashionista"

My mother was concerned by mental state and that I was going to become anorexic because it was "diet".

I actually don't drink it, because I don't like the texture of fizzy drinks, or the taste. Not because of health concerns.

Renee

My mother was concerned by mental state and that I was going to become anorexic because it was "diet".

I actually don't drink it, because I don't like the texture of fizzy drinks, or the taste. Not because of health concerns.

I'm just the opposite. I drink about two quarts of sodium free seltzer water a day......Not always because I'm thirsty...mostly I just like the carbonation. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I find diet pop now gives me a headache.  I won't drink the full sugar versions.  That means it's pretty much off the table for me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I'm just the opposite. I drink about two quarts of sodium free seltzer water a day......Not always because I'm thirsty...mostly I just like the carbonation. ac_biggrin

My husband drinks carbonated water everyday..

We have even thought about buying a machine that can carbonate regular water.

shin

What kind of music do you like, Shen Li?

I'm willing to admit that most of Nirvana's fame was a result of the corporate marketing of the "grunge" scene, which tried to make being a loser fashionable. Also, when they play certain songs 20 times a day on the radio, we start to find them more tolerable.

shin

There really isn't a good replacement for carbonation. I have to wonder if I would have ever finished my first beer if it weren't carbonated.

shin

Quote from: "Mona"My advice is that all the artificial sweeteners are toxic.  And if you are drinking diet in order to not gain weight or keep your sugars down, then you shouldn't be drinking any kind of soda at all.

I have never been a fan of sodas, I drink milk, tea, coffee, water, but rarely do I venture to drink soft drink.  What it does to your insides is appalling.

I recently heard a popular artificial sweetener labeled Splenda has been linked to leukemia and cancer, but the cancer find was a response to lab mice probably being fed too much of it.

I went to the supermarket to look into frozen concentrated juices, and much to my surprise there wasn't much to choose from that didn't list high fructose corn syrup as the main ingredient. I ended up buying a brand of lemonade that siad it was sweetened with sugar and a smaller amount of stevia extract. It's not bad, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

What kind of music do you like, Shen Li?

I'm willing to admit that most of Nirvana's fame was a result of the corporate marketing of the "grunge" scene, which tried to make being a loser fashionable. Also, when they play certain songs 20 times a day on the radio, we start to find them more tolerable.

I like Nirvana, and Pearl Jam.

Mona

Quote from: "shin"
Quote from: "Mona"My advice is that all the artificial sweeteners are toxic.  And if you are drinking diet in order to not gain weight or keep your sugars down, then you shouldn't be drinking any kind of soda at all.

I have never been a fan of sodas, I drink milk, tea, coffee, water, but rarely do I venture to drink soft drink.  What it does to your insides is appalling.

I recently heard a popular artificial sweetener labeled Splenda has been linked to leukemia and cancer, but the cancer find was a response to lab mice probably being fed too much of it.

I went to the supermarket to look into frozen concentrated juices, and much to my surprise there wasn't much to choose from that didn't list high fructose corn syrup as the main ingredient. I ended up buying a brand of lemonade that siad it was sweetened with sugar and a smaller amount of stevia extract. It's not bad, but I don't think I'll buy it again.

Everything that is popular and widely used is linked to cancer.  They don't know what causes cancer and are constantly looking for things that multiple cancer patients have in common.  The reality is that everyone has cancer cells in their body, and everyone's trigger to turn them carcinogenic is different, which is why nobody has been able to pinpoint exactly what causes cancer.

One week they tell you butter is bad for you, the next they say that you should eat only real butter and not margarines.  They don't actually know what causes it, and it's likely that they don't want to know as the curing and treatment of cancer patients generates millions of dollars in revenue each year.  As does war.