The best topic

Replies: 10317
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:47:28 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

They keep dropping.

Started by Bricktop, January 18, 2016, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Quote from: Oliver the Second on September 09, 2024, 06:27:12 PMYou must be psychic -

James Earl Jones, beloved actor and voice of Darth Vader, dies at 93

James Earl Jones, well known for his roles in "Field of Dreams," "The Lion King," "Star Wars," and more, has died. He was 93.

Jones died Monday morning surrounded by his family, his representatives confirmed to Nexstar's KTLA. He was at his home in New York, according to Deadline, which first reported his death.

A cause of death was not immediately released.

Jones created such memorable film roles as the reclusive writer coaxed back into the spotlight in "Field of Dreams," the boxer Jack Johnson in the stage and screen hit "The Great White Hope," the writer Alex Haley in "Roots: The Next Generation" and a South African minister in "Cry, the Beloved Country."

He was also a sought-after voice actor, expressing the villainy of Darth Vader ("No, I am your father," commonly misremembered as "Luke, I am your father"), as well as the benign dignity of King Mufasa in Disney's animated "The Lion King" and announcing "This is CNN" during station breaks. He won a 1977 Grammy for his performance on the "Great American Documents" audiobook.

Some of his other films include "Dr. Strangelove," "The Greatest" (with Muhammad Ali), "Conan the Barbarian," "Three Fugitives" and playing an admiral in three Tom Clancy blockbuster adaptations — "The Hunt for Red October," "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger." In a rare romantic comedy, "Claudine," Jones had an onscreen love affair with Diahann Carroll.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/james-earl-jones-actor-and-voice-of-darth-vader-dies/

It was only a very curious case of timing.  He was definitely great in Star Wars.   :good:

RIP, James.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...