Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Anyone Here?

Started by Harvard Gent, January 23, 2016, 09:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Herman"I have a six speed tranny. I don't mind it. I normally do 3 big runs a year across Western North America. I ride with a group of guys. We're all over 40.

Nice!

I'm not quite 40 yet, but it's closing in quick!

I ride my Sporty to the Interior a few times every summer.  Plenty of power to spare, but that sixth gear would be welcomed!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asian Pride"
Quote from: "Herman"I have a six speed tranny. I don't mind it. I normally do 3 big runs a year across Western North America. I ride with a group of guys. We're all over 40.

Nice!

I'm not quite 40 yet, but it's closing in quick!

I ride my Sporty to the Interior a few times every summer.  Plenty of power to spare, but that sixth gear would be welcomed!

When you say the interior, do you mean the Okanagan?

Asian Pride

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Ya, no way, it's a Harley or nothing at all. Just can't afford it right now. I envy people who ride one, you lucky buggers!

That's BS.

Any ride is fun.  Harley's are very expensive, and I wouldn't suggest buying one unless you have experience riding.

You will find out just how heavy they are, when you embarrassingly drop it on its side in the middle of an intersection, or trying to park it.

You will also find out how much that drop may cost to fix!

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Fashionista"When you say the interior, do you mean the Okanagan?

Yup yup!

Have some family there!

Nice place in the summer!  Plus, my second cousin there just bought himself a Suzuki SV650 last summer, so we'll go for a ride around the lake...

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Renee"Yeah, when I see a roach I have an overwhelming urge to kill it. :laugh:

Make no mistake, Mel. I see you as vermin that should be exterminated with extreme prejudice. There is no attraction, only revulsion.

Here's the problem...  I am like the cockroach.  Even after a nuclear disaster, I'll still be crawling around...    :wink:

Understand this.  Embrace this.

RW

What part of one account don't you understand?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"When you say the interior, do you mean the Okanagan?

Yup yup!

Have some family there!

Nice place in the summer!  Plus, my second cousin there just bought himself a Suzuki SV650 last summer, so we'll go for a ride around the lake...

We go to the Kootenays near RW's house every summer in our rv..

We like camping there.

Asian Pride

Quote from: "RW"What part of one account don't you understand?

Asian Pride is my legacy account.

It has been around long before you, and as long as it posts in good standing, it will remain as a legacy account in good standing.

Fuck with it, Tara, and you may as well lock down the forum to all new registrations.

I hope I am very clear, Tara.

Ms.Min

Annie

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Ya, no way, it's a Harley or nothing at all. Just can't afford it right now. I envy people who ride one, you lucky buggers!

That's BS.

Any ride is fun.  Harley's are very expensive, and I wouldn't suggest buying one unless you have experience riding.

You will find out just how heavy they are, when you embarrassingly drop it on its side in the middle of an intersection, or trying to park it.

You will also find out how much that drop may cost to fix!

I would never have the guts to drive one myself. There's something super sexy when I'm on the back of one with my hubby driving  ac_smile
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Fashionista"We go to the Kootenays near RW's house every summer in our rv..

We like camping there.

That's a beautiful area.  Lots of lakes, mountains, and wilderness!

I'd live there if there was more work available.  Right now, I'll invest my time in the big city!

Hopefully when I'm retirement age, I can sell the condo for a nice chunk of change, and retire into a cabin by the lake!

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Ms.Min"That's not how it works Mel.

Then deactivate "Mel Gibson" if it bothers you so much.  I don't care.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"We go to the Kootenays near RW's house every summer in our rv..

We like camping there.

That's a beautiful area.  Lots of lakes, mountains, and wilderness!

I'd live there if there was more work available.  Right now, I'll invest my time in the big city!

Hopefully when I'm retirement age, I can sell the condo for a nice chunk of change, and retire into a cabin by the lake!

Do condos ever really move up much? They're overpriced to begin with.

Asian Pride

Quote from: "Shen Li"Do condos ever really move up much? They're overpriced to begin with.

Received the assessment not long ago.  Went up 1.75%.  Assessment before it went up about the same also, roughly at 1.75%.

Asian Pride

Of course, I live in Greater Vancouver, and it seems as though the normal "rules" don't apply here to home values.

Honestly?  I'd be happy with a steady 2% increase annually, should that remain to be true.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview