News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10296
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 17, 2024, 11:22:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

39C and thunderstorms; Welcome to Autumn in Oz.

Started by Bricktop, March 06, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "The Donald"
Quote from: "The Donald"Twenty Dollars, can I count on your support to help me make America great again?

I haven't  lived in the states for 12 years. Still a citizen having voting rights. I wouldn't waste a good hangover  piss in DTs fat mouth. Who would?

Millions of independents that's who. Vote for me and I will make America great again.

You fool. You couldn't find America on a map. Try the USA, or Merica. America covers way more than the USA. You'd think a guy sucking hard to be pres. would have a clue. Best of luck.

I think around the world, the common way to refer to the United States is America..

Canada down to Argentina would be the geographical term Americas.

Yes the Americas. Only a short sighted so n so would refer to the US as America. Is plain disrespectful.

Most of the world are short sighted then because America is the word they use to refer to the USA..

I don't why that would bother you.

ac_dunno

Because he's an idiot. The tropical sun has baked his brain.

He doesn't get the concept that "America" is just one of the commonly abbreviated names for "The United States of America" and has been referred to in that manner all over the globe for more than 2 centuries. It's no different than how "Los Estados Unidos Mexicanos" is commonly abbreviated as simply "Mexico".

This all stems from the fact that in Latin America, where melanoma boy lives, referring to the USA as "America" is considered highly disrespectful. But what the conglomeration of banana republics to our south don't understand, is that the United States didn't chose to be called "America". "America" is a common name given to the original colonies by the British. Just as the people living in those colonies were commonly referred to as "Americans" long before the revolution. The terms "America" and "Americans" eventually spread globally and became synonyms with the United States and it's inhabits.

Now because of a massive inferiority complex and a crippling sense of insecurity, our little brown neighbors to the south see these age old and official labels as disrespectful. Apparently the new comers on the block think they can now dictate to the rest of the world how everyone can refer to the United States. I think they feel a tad slighted. :empathy:   :laugh3:......Honestly it's all petty bullshit and weak minded, dingle berrys like TD have nothing better to do than to get all torqued up about it.  ac_dunno

BTW, the United States was the first fully independent nation to lay claim to the terms "America" and "American" in it's governing documents. Sorry but we aren't going to change our 200 plus year old, governing historical documents just because Argentina or Nicaragua are having a hissy fit over their national identity.

Another cheesy rant. Are you jealous and butthurt too? You should be working on your self control issues..... Chubby. I'm dark you are chubby. So what?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "The Donald"
Quote from: "The Donald"Twenty Dollars, can I count on your support to help me make America great again?

I haven't  lived in the states for 12 years. Still a citizen having voting rights. I wouldn't waste a good hangover  piss in DTs fat mouth. Who would?

Millions of independents that's who. Vote for me and I will make America great again.

You fool. You couldn't find America on a map. Try the USA, or Merica. America covers way more than the USA. You'd think a guy sucking hard to be pres. would have a clue. Best of luck.

I think around the world, the common way to refer to the United States is America..

Canada down to Argentina would be the geographical term Americas.

Yes the Americas. Only a short sighted so n so would refer to the US as America. Is plain disrespectful.

Most of the world are short sighted then because America is the word they use to refer to the USA..

I don't why that would bother you.

ac_dunno

Because he's an idiot. The tropical sun has baked his brain.

He doesn't get the concept that "America" is just one of the commonly abbreviated names for "The United States of America" and has been referred to in that manner all over the globe for more than 2 centuries. It's no different than how "Los Estados Unidos Mexicanos" is commonly abbreviated as simply "Mexico".

This all stems from the fact that in Latin America, where melanoma boy lives, referring to the USA as "America" is considered highly disrespectful. But what the conglomeration of banana republics to our south don't understand, is that the United States didn't chose to be called "America". "America" is a common name given to the original colonies by the British. Just as the people living in those colonies were commonly referred to as "Americans" long before the revolution. The terms "America" and "Americans" eventually spread globally and became synonyms with the United States and it's inhabits.

Now because of a massive inferiority complex and a crippling sense of insecurity, our little brown neighbors to the south see these age old and official labels as disrespectful. Apparently the new comers on the block think they can now dictate to the rest of the world how everyone can refer to the United States. I think they feel a tad slighted. :empathy:   :laugh3:......Honestly it's all petty bullshit and weak minded, dingle berrys like TD have nothing better to do than to get all torqued up about it.  ac_dunno

BTW, the United States was the first fully independent nation to lay claim to the terms "America" and "American" in it's governing documents. Sorry but we aren't going to change our 200 plus year old, governing historical documents just because Argentina or Nicaragua are having a hissy fit over their national identity.

Another cheesy rant. Are you jealous and butthurt too? You should be working on your self control issues..... Chubby. I'm dark you are chubby. So what?

Nope....none of those things but you are free to keeping reaching. It's kinda fun to watch you struggle. :laugh3:

Why is that you have so much trouble with the comprehension of subject matter that is placed in front of you? Are you developmentally challenged or are you just too intellectually lazy to be bothered to understand? Whatever it is.....you are wasting your time here because you making an ass out of yourself.

But hey that's your prerogative.... So have at it, dimwit.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I've never heard a Canadian complain that the US uses the term "America".
Beware of Gaslighters!

ELPHUPPHY

Quote from: "RW"I've never heard a Canadian complain that the US uses the term "America".

After all, we ARE America. The United States of America is our more formal name, but America is completely accepted and used all over the nation.

And I agree... why would a Canduhian complain one way or the other? Seems like they would have lots to worry about, what with rampaging meese and polar bears and the like.

Anonymous

TD has an issue with anyone who shortens the name of the US to America. I don't get it.

Mona

Quote from: "Herman"TD has an issue with anyone who shortens the name of the US to America. I don't get it.

Because he lives in South America and they don't view the US as the entirety of America.

RW

It's always lovely when TD shares with the class.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "Herman"TD has an issue with anyone who shortens the name of the US to America. I don't get it.

Because he lives in South America and they don't view the US as the entirety of America.

Sounds so logical. Bingo.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Costa Rica is in Central America.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Which technically makes it part of the North American continent.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Which technically makes it part of the North American continent.

It does, but when did this thread become geography class?

keeper

Wait so is Peru in south America or Central.