News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10296
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 17, 2024, 11:22:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

39C and thunderstorms; Welcome to Autumn in Oz.

Started by Bricktop, March 06, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "The Donald"
Quote from: "The Donald"Twenty Dollars, can I count on your support to help me make America great again?

I haven't  lived in the states for 12 years. Still a citizen having voting rights. I wouldn't waste a good hangover  piss in DTs fat mouth. Who would?

Millions of independents that's who. Vote for me and I will make America great again.

You fool. You couldn't find America on a map. Try the USA, or Merica. America covers way more than the USA. You'd think a guy sucking hard to be pres. would have a clue. Best of luck.

I think around the world, the common way to refer to the United States is America..

Canada down to Argentina would be the geographical term Americas.

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "The Donald"Twenty Dollars, can I count on your support to help me make America great again?

I haven't  lived in the states for 12 years. Still a citizen having voting rights. I wouldn't waste a good hangover  piss in DTs fat mouth. Who would?

Millions independents that's who. Vote for me and I will make America great again.

You fool. You couldn't find America on a map. Try the USA, or Merica. America covers way more than the USA. You'd think a guy sucking hard to be pres. would have a clue. Best of luck.

:oeudC: Hoe-Lee Shit Balls.

I'm so glad you don't actually live in the US. Our collective I.Q. is more than low enough without you.

Considering I already explained to him what "America" refers to, that's pretty dumb.
Beware of Gaslighters!

The Donald

Millions of independents that's who. Vote for me and I will make America great again.

Yes, I can. It is where 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. You do know where that is don't you? That's where I will be living when I start making AMERICA great again.
Make America Great Again

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"

Millions independents that's who. Vote for me and I will make America great again.

:oeudC: Hoe-Lee Shit Balls.

I'm so glad you don't actually live in the US. Our collective I.Q. is more than low enough without you.

Considering I already explained to him what "America" refers to, that's pretty dumb.

I'm sorry it's not dumb. America refers to both continents. This is what is taught in public schools in the United States. Don't understand why N. Americans believe they have a lock on the word? Are you offended Honey?

Twenty Dollars

Yes, I can. It is where 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. You do know where that is don't you? That's where I will be living when I start making AMERICA great again.

Pretty sure it won't be anything to worry about.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I think around the world, the common way to refer to the United States is America..

Yes the Americas. Only a short sighted so n so would refer to the US as America. Is plain disrespectful.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "RW"*facepalm*

Respectfully I apologize in advance. You explanation just is not correct.

Anonymous

Yes the Americas. Only a short sighted so n so would refer to the US as America. Is plain disrespectful.

Most of the world are short sighted then because America is the word they use to refer to the USA..

I don't why that would bother you.

ac_dunno

Anonymous

Right across Canada we say "the states." I wonder what they call the US in Mexico. Translated into English of course.

Renee

Most of the world are short sighted then because America is the word they use to refer to the USA..

I don't why that would bother you.

ac_dunno

Because he's an idiot. The tropical sun has baked his brain.

He doesn't get the concept that "America" is just one of the commonly abbreviated names for "The United States of America" and has been referred to in that manner all over the globe for more than 2 centuries. It's no different than how "Los Estados Unidos Mexicanos" is commonly abbreviated as simply "Mexico".

This all stems from the fact that in Latin America, where melanoma boy lives, referring to the USA as "America" is considered highly disrespectful. But what the conglomeration of banana republics to our south don't understand, is that the United States didn't chose to be called "America". "America" is a common name given to the original colonies by the British. Just as the people living in those colonies were commonly referred to as "Americans" long before the revolution. The terms "America" and "Americans" eventually spread globally and became synonyms with the United States and it's inhabits.

Now because of a massive inferiority complex and a crippling sense of insecurity, our little brown neighbors to the south see these age old and official labels as disrespectful. Apparently the new comers on the block think they can now dictate to the rest of the world how everyone can refer to the United States. I think they feel a tad slighted. :empathy:   :laugh3:......Honestly it's all petty bullshit and weak minded, dingle berrys like TD have nothing better to do than to get all torqued up about it.  ac_dunno

BTW, the United States was the first fully independent nation to lay claim to the terms "America" and "American" in it's governing documents. Sorry but we aren't going to change our 200 plus year old, governing historical documents just because Argentina or Nicaragua are having a hissy fit over their national identity.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

^I agree with Fash, who the FUCK cares what name the masses around the globe call the US.

Bricktop

Its still the land of the crazy, home of the weird.

Mona

Quote from: "Shen Li"^I agree with Fash, who the FUCK cares what name the masses around the globe call the US.

It doesn't matter what they call you, as long as they call... right?

There's no such thing as bad publicity... Doesn't matter what they say about you, as long as they spell your name right.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "Shen Li"^I agree with Fash, who the FUCK cares what name the masses around the globe call the US.

It doesn't matter what they call you, as long as they call... right?

There's no such thing as bad publicity... Doesn't matter what they say about you, as long as they spell your name right.

That sounds like Donald Trump's campaign for the presidency.

:laugh: