Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

A

Last Day Of Work On Friday

Started by Anonymous, April 09, 2016, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Woohoo! Sounds awesome, Shen! I loved watching my babies growing up and I'm so happy they adore each other. They are 5 years apart and of course, big brother is protective of his younger brother.

There will be 3 years between my sons.
 This is my 4th. I have 8 years between my last baby and this one. Sophia is the baby baby.

And you are still hot, hot, hot Dove. ac_lovestruck
Thank you Herman!

Thank you gorgeous.

Annie

Congrats to the new Aunties and Mommies to be  :thumbup:  ac_dance
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Congrats to the new Aunties and Mommies to be  :thumbup:  ac_dance

Speaking of kids, my boy will be home from Australia with his girlfriend in three weeks. He will be broke and needing wheels and a place to stay. :001_rolleyes:

Annie

And... with any luck he'll make you a Grandpa! Lolol. I'm kidding  :wink:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Congrats to the new Aunties and Mommies to be  :thumbup:  ac_dance

Speaking of kids, my boy will be home from Australia with his girlfriend in three weeks. He will be broke and needing wheels and a place to stay. :001_rolleyes:

How old is your son Herm?

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

How old is your son Herm?

He is twenty five going on fifteen. He is a typical millennial. He has a useless university degree, a highly questionable work ethic and feels entitled to stuff. My ex wife and I are determined not to give in this time. No living off of us, driving our vehicles to work, so he can save enough money for his next adventure. That is the plan, but we have said this in the past and it did not work out. We will see how it goes.

Annie

I feel your pain, Herman. It's so easy to be there for our kids and want to give them everything we can to make their life a little bit easier. We did that for our son until we took a good look at what we had created.  By the time he was 18 we had him back on track. Now he's 23, working a couple jobs, going to Community College and has a daughter.  You HAVE to be tough on him, it's the only way to do it. DON'T do his laundry, DON'T give him the car keys, DON'T give him money. DON'T have stuff in the house he loves (like bacon or whatever).  It will be hard but after a week or so it WILL get easier and hopefully this plan will work for you too. And most of all, DON'T give in! But you can tell him you love him and you're on his side. It's time he gets his shit together, so to speak. Good luck  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I feel your pain, Herman. It's so easy to be there for our kids and want to give them everything we can to make their life a little bit easier. We did that for our son until we took a good look at what we had created.  By the time he was 18 we had him back on track. Now he's 23, working a couple jobs, going to Community College and has a daughter.  You HAVE to be tough on him, it's the only way to do it. DON'T do his laundry, DON'T give him the car keys, DON'T give him money. DON'T have stuff in the house he loves (like bacon or whatever).  It will be hard but after a week or so it WILL get easier and hopefully this plan will work for you too. And most of all, DON'T give in! But you can tell him you love him and you're on his side. It's time he gets his shit together, so to speak. Good luck  ac_smile

You're right the boy needs an incentive to grow up. He's twenty five years old for frick sakes. The ex and I know the longer we keep enabling him in being a selfish immature brat he will never be able to stand on his own two feet. We have talked about this and we are going to set parameters. He has two months to get working and start paying rent or find his own place. Once he starts working even if he is paying rent he will be given a timeline to find his own place. With him and his Australian girlfriend working it should not take long for them to be self sufficient if they make an effort.

Annie

It should be 2 weeks not 2 months  :icon_wink:  considering the age

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"It should be 2 weeks not 2 months  :icon_wink:  considering the age

He should not even be thinking about running home to his parents at his age. I like your idea Grannie. Maybe I will call the ex and tell her we are being too generous with the 2 month deadline.

Anonymous

They bought me a cake ffs!! I need that like Mel needs another case of Canadian.

RW

Did you tell them you were already sweeter than sugar??
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Did you tell them you were already sweeter than sugar??

I shouldn't have because it's so obvious.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"They bought me a cake ffs!! I need that like Mel needs another case of Canadian.

That's more than you would get at CP.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"They bought me a cake ffs!! I need that like Mel needs another case of Canadian.

Do you mean your co workers?

If it was, that was very thoughtful of them.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: