Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Stomach Ulcer

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2016, 01:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I think I might have a stomach ulcer(duodenal ulcer). We Googled it and I have the symptoms. It's the barrel wash catching up with me, I know that. I made an appointment to see our doctor.

Does anyone here know anyone that had a stomach ulcer? How was it treated?

Anonymous

I know someone at CP that had an ulcer. He was diagnosed early and his doctor gave him a prescripton. But that's the key though,  get on it early.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I know someone at CP that had an ulcer. He was diagnosed early and his doctor gave him a prescripton. But that's the key though,  get on it early.

Koreans have a high rate of stomach ulcers and stomach cancer. Heavy drinking and acidic food are the culprits.

Renee

If caught early a duodenal ulcer can be treated with a round of antibiotics and some minor diet modifications. Two of my aunts have had them, not a big deal if you follow the doctors instructions.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"If caught early a duodenal ulcer can be treated with a round of antibiotics and some minor diet modifications. Two of my aunts have had them, not a big deal if you follow the doctors instructions.

I have an appointment next week with our doctor. I hope he can fix me up.

I just had a toasted lettuce, tomato and turkey sandwich and I feel bloated. Normally after working around the farm in the morning, that would only be a snack.

cc

Main thing is get to doc EARLY as possible - Like others said, sooner = better & easy to fix if early
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Main thing is get to doc EARLY as possible - Like others said, sooner = better & easy to fix if early

I can't get an appointment till next week ceec. I suppose I could go into town to a walk in clinic. I don't know what they would do for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "cc la femme"Main thing is get to doc EARLY as possible - Like others said, sooner = better & easy to fix if early

I can't get an appointment till next week ceec. I suppose I could go into town to a walk in clinic. I don't know what they would do for me.

What's wrong with a walk in other than the wait? If you need testing, they will send you to a hospital or another clinic for it. Just do eeet.

Anonymous

The doctor on call will write you a prescription.

Anonymous

I just got back from town. Less than thirty minutes from the time I got there to out the door with a prescription. I start my medicine tomorrow morning. He recommends no barrel wash while I am taking the pills. That is thirty days. :shock:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I just got back from town. Less than thirty minutes from the time I got there to out the door with a prescription. I start my medicine tomorrow morning. He recommends no barrel wash while I am taking the pills. That is thirty days. :shock:

Good man Herman. And your stomach as well as your liver will thank you for the break. I don't mean to preach, but I am an ex boozer myself.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"I just got back from town. Less than thirty minutes from the time I got there to out the door with a prescription. I start my medicine tomorrow morning. He recommends no barrel wash while I am taking the pills. That is thirty days. :shock:

Good man Herman. And your stomach as well as your liver will thank you for the break. I don't mean to preach, but I am an ex boozer myself.

Don't worry about it brother. Say what you want.

I do not consider myself a liquor pig, but I know some people would. When winter drilling season is over, I head back to the farm. There's a lot of work to do. I usually stop once an hour for a beer break. If it is a long day, I will have 2-4 shots of whiskey or barrel wash before bed. I get a glow on, but I do not get trashed. It is hard on the body though as I get older and I am paying for it now.

RW

I'm relieved you saw a doctor sooner rather than later Hermie.

Feel better!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm relieved you saw a doctor sooner rather than later Hermie.

Feel better!

I cannot start taking the medication until tomorrow morning. And the doc said it would take 3-4 days before it started making a difference. For now I am wolfing down these Life brand extra strength calcium antacids. They help a little.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm relieved you saw a doctor sooner rather than later Hermie.

Feel better!

I cannot start taking the medication until tomorrow morning. And the doc said it would take 3-4 days before it started making a difference. For now I am wolfing down these Life brand extra strength calcium antacids. They help a little.

You did yourself a favour by getting on it right away.