News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10146
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 13, 2024, 10:22:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

39C and thunderstorms; Welcome to Autumn in Oz.

Started by Bricktop, March 06, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mona

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Mona"
Quote from: "Herman"TD has an issue with anyone who shortens the name of the US to America. I don't get it.

Because he lives in South America and they don't view the US as the entirety of America.

Costa Rica is in Central America.

Which technically makes it part of the North American continent.

As I don't live in ANY of the Americas, I wasn't aware of the nuances of which part of the Americas laid claim to central america.  I do apologise for being mis-informed on the geography of "America".  Having never been there, myself.   And geography was my one poor subject in school.

I'd still wager that I'm likely to be more informed on your continent than you are on mine.

RW

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"TD has an issue with anyone who shortens the name of the US to America. I don't get it.

Because he lives in South America and they don't view the US as the entirety of America.

Costa Rica is in Central America.

Which technically makes it part of the North American continent.

As I don't live in ANY of the Americas, I wasn't aware of the nuances of which part of the Americas laid claim to central america.  I do apologise for being mis-informed on the geography of "America".  Having never been there, myself.   And geography was my one poor subject in school.

I'd still wager that I'm likely to be more informed on your continent than you are on mine.

I doubt it.

America refers to only the USA :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "keeper"Wait so is Peru in south America or Central.

South. Bad earthquake.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "keeper"Wait so is Peru in south America or Central.

South. Bad earthquake.

There are 413 people dead at last count.

ac_crying