The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Will Britain exit the EU?

Started by JOE, May 08, 2016, 10:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If British voters did vote in favour of withdrawing from the EU, will that likely mean the end of the EU, at least in it's current arrangement?

Not the end per se, but would set it back a lot ... maybe enough to ultimately  head the EU toward its end

Many other countries are vying with political upstarts who would reverse vital  policies  and could take it apart

It is not really a strong alliance at heart being based mostly on interdependence

Britain's departure would halt a lot of the EU's power and there would be a shift back to the individual nations?

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"The UK is the preferred destination for most migrants. The social safety net there is being overwhelmed by foreigners. The prisons are filling up with members of a certain religion that we can't mention.  :wink:  And the citizens are sick of it.

Is the issue the open borders of the Schengen area or is the loss of sovereignty to Brussels? I thinks it is the two combined.

easter bunny

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "easter bunny"The UK is the preferred destination for most migrants. The social safety net there is being overwhelmed by foreigners. The prisons are filling up with members of a certain religion that we can't mention.  :wink:  And the citizens are sick of it.

Is the issue the open borders of the Schengen area or is the loss of sovereignty to Brussels? I thinks it is the two combined.

Yup. Loss of sovereignty is a big part of it. Imagine not having a say in who gets into your country.  ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Yup. Loss of sovereignty is a big part of it. Imagine not having a say in who gets into your country.  ac_wot

A few countries are violating the Schengen area thingy. Hungary would not take asylum seekers. I believe a couple others in that area did the same. Don't quote me about that though.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If British voters did vote in favour of withdrawing from the EU, will that likely mean the end of the EU, at least in it's current arrangement?

Not the end per se, but would set it back a lot ... maybe enough to ultimately  head the EU toward its end

Many other countries are vying with political upstarts who would reverse vital  policies  and could take it apart

It is not really a strong alliance at heart being based mostly on interdependence

Britain's departure would (1.) halt a lot of the EU's power and  (2.) there would be a shift back to the individual nations?

Should it come to be, I expect that both would  result.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

If Britain did leave and it lead to the eventual dismantling of the EU, what would the result be for the various European economies and the global economy?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"If Britain did leave and it lead to the eventual dismantling of the EU, what would the result be for the various European economies and the global economy?

I believe it will be good for countries like Greece, Spain and Portugal, but bad for Germany.

Lance Leftardashian

If Britons vote no to the EU, they are voting yes to hatred, bigotry and Islamophobia.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"If Britons vote no to the EU, they are voting yes to hatred, bigotry and Islamophobia.

Look on the bright side Joak. If they retake control of their borders they can stop Chinese spies from getting in. :wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If Britain did leave and it lead to the eventual dismantling of the EU, what would the result be for the various European economies and the global economy?

I believe it will be good for countries like Greece, Spain and Portugal, but bad for Germany.

Why is that Herman?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"

Why is that Herman?

Germany was the sick man of Europe before the Euro. They extend credit to countries on the periphery of Europe and they in turn buy Germany's goods. If those countries had their own currency they could devalue it and make their exports cheaper.

Rambo Wong

Quote from: "cc la femme"The suicidal immigration thing likely has put the EU on a course for dissolution

Whatever UK does now will not change the final outcome ... but its leaving would accelerate the inevitable  I suppose

Only a racist, sinophobic, fucked in the head, crap n drool, twirlybrained fruitcake like cc la femme thinks immigration is suicidal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"
Quote from: "cc la femme"The suicidal immigration thing likely has put the EU on a course for dissolution

Whatever UK does now will not change the final outcome ... but its leaving would accelerate the inevitable  I suppose

Only a racist, sinophobic, fucked in the head, crap n drool, twirlybrained fruitcake like cc la femme thinks immigration is suicidal.

Only an idiotic asshole like you would say something so frickin stupid.

Anonymous

I see Austria has started border controls with Italy to slow the flow of migrants.

Anonymous

I was watching BBC in the bunk house. Is the rhetoric ever over the top. The sky will fall apparently if Britain says goodbye to the EU.