The best topic

Replies: 8410
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 01, 2024, 09:38:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Every bar needs one.....

Started by kiebers, May 10, 2016, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"I like Patron. Very smooth. Makes a great Margarita.

I had a de alcoholised Margarita..

I think it was a Margarita..

It was delicious no matter what it was.

That's different. Never heard that one before. Usually non-alcoholic or virgin. Interesting.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

That's different. Never heard that one before. Usually non-alcoholic or virgin. Interesting.  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

That is probably what she meant.

JOE

Here's a list of vodkas:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vodkas">https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vodkas

I never realized there were so many. I've always associated it with being 'that drink distilled from potatoes'. I've never cared for its taste that much, and have always associated it with an ingredient they put in cocktails. It always seemed. Rather harsh. However, maybe a higher grade vodka tastes considerably better than the Russian ones I've had, such as Stolichnaya? Scotch tastes considerably better the more you spend. Interestingly, Grey Goose comes from France and is made from grains. Some vodkas are even made from fruit. Not that distilled 'potato drink' I was accustomed to. So perhaps its worth looking into.

JOE

I had something like that with alcohol once.

It had vodka and rum.

It was extremely delicious & and I drank the equivalent of 40 oz.

It felt just great going down.

However, the Next day was a different story. I was hung over for 3 days.

The woman who made it for us was from Brazil.

She could and did drink me under the table.

The girls there must know how to drink and hold their liquor well.

It didn't seem to affect her at all.

....but at least I got a taste of what a real Margarita from that part of the world must taste like. Nothing 'dumbed-down' like they serve here.

Extremely potent, though.

kiebers

A "real" margarita has never had vodka or rum. If it had rum and vodka it was more than likely a "designer drink".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margarita">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margarita
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Twenty Dollars

Attention Rum drinkers. Don Julio from Guatemala. You can thank me later. The best.

Anonymous

I have never been much of a tequila drinker. I am more of a beer man and I am Korean, so I like my soju.

Anonymous

I believe it was called a virgin drink.

kiebers

I do like Zing Zang (spicy tomato juice) bloody mary mix a lot. I will put extra Worcestershire and juice of a couple limes and drink it without alcohol. Of course that makes it a virgin mary....

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I do like Zing Zang (spicy tomato juice) bloody mary mix a lot. I will put extra Worcestershire and juice of a couple limes and drink it without alcohol. Of course that makes it a virgin mary....

What alcohol is in a bloody mary kiebers?

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"I do like Zing Zang (spicy tomato juice) bloody mary mix a lot. I will put extra Worcestershire and juice of a couple limes and drink it without alcohol. Of course that makes it a virgin mary....

Vodka...and preferably Grey Goose for me...LOL

Anonymous

Vodka...and preferably Grey Goose for me...LOL

Okay, thank you.