The best topic

Replies: 8373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 29, 2024, 10:59:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

EgyptAir Flight Dissapeared from radar - Update - Pings from a blackbox picked up

Started by cc, May 19, 2016, 12:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

Quote from: "cc la femme"An EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo made two sharp turns before plunging into the Mediterranean Sea, Greece's defence minister says.

Panos Kammenos said the Airbus A320 had "turned 90 degrees left and then a 360-degree turn to the right".

It then dropped more than 25,000ft (7,620m) before disappearing from radar, he added.

....seems like a suicide the way the trajectory of the flight is described.

Unless someone forced the pilot to do that - or - they took over the controls themselves and did it (?).

cc

Thing is, no one knows what happened at this point

.. oh well
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

They did not find the wreckage yet. They spoke too soon. I would be cautious of anyone saying they know the cause hours after the crash. That can take days, possible weeks.

Twenty Dollars

Saying they have found some as of the morning. Regarding the black box, which looks very difficult to recover at this point. Why can't this info be sent to some site outside of the airplane, so the info can be assessed fast? If the box is not recovered, the truth may never be known.

Anonymous

The latest I heard this morning is that they found some debris and an oil slick..

They have retracted so many statements I don't know if it is true this time or not.

ac_dunno

Anonymous

Anonymous

I didn't read the whole article..

It could have been some other type of fluid..

Modern aircraft did not use much oil.

cc

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Saying they have found some as of the morning. Regarding the black box, which looks very difficult to recover at this point. Why can't this info be sent to some site outside of the airplane, so the info can be assessed fast? If the box is not recovered, the truth may never be known.

This has been considered. Would take many satellites within reach covering much area to receive data and relay it to ground one of many computers placed within reach. An extensive network over huge area.

Do-able, but expensive guess.

So next up, ships pulling pinger receivers  in locations determined  from debris locations  .. locations adjusted by current charts ...  assuming the boxes survived and for as long as pingers are alive ... then if located exactly, robot subs to fetch them.

IF it were a bomb, it was timed perfectly over this very deep hole in the Sea or set off by someone on board at the optimum time,

Now that they have debris, it's a race against time and dependent upon pinger survival, function and battery life .. While the sophisticated equipment is available and no doubt already on the scene, still  a lot of luck is needed

Twenty Dollars

If it was a bomb or similar that brought this plane down, and no one is claiming it, could it be an individual acting alone? This thought scares  me. Looks like there are 3 or 4 terrorist  groups operating around the globe, add in 1000 individuals that can be effective. No one and nothing is safe. Isn't this something that Isis and other terrorist groups  would welcome? It is their atomic bomb.

Anonymous

Anonymous

About 86,000 of the 100,000 staff at De Gaulle airport have red badges which allow them access to secure areas. I think 85 have been lost for radicalization reasons in the last 18 months. I wonder how many radicals have gone undetected? ac_umm

Edit, those that lost their red badges may still be employed by the airport. :shock:

Anonymous

Today's new wrinkle seems to be the information that smoke alarms were going off for 2 or 3 minutes prior to the weird radar images.  That makes "explosion" a bit more problematic, though perhaps not impossible.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"Today's new wrinkle seems to be the information that smoke alarms were going off for 2 or 3 minutes prior to the weird radar images.  That makes "explosion" a bit more problematic, though perhaps not impossible.

Okay, this is new. But, it still does not change the most probable cause which is Islamic terror.

cc

The Aviation Herald said it had received flight data filed through the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) from three independent channels.

It said the system showed that at 02:26 local time on Thursday (00:26 GMT) smoke was detected in the Airbus A320 toilet.

A minute later - at 00:27 GMT - there was an avionics smoke alert.

The last ACARS message was at 00:29 GMT, the air industry website said, and the contact with the plane was lost four minutes later at 02;33 local time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36348699">//http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36348699

cc: None of that indicates whether it was the aircraft itself or sabotage.

On one hand, starting in toilet is of course very suspicious.

On the other hand it is not definitive + the absence of claims of causing a takedown is unusual for recent acts of sabotage

Nowhere can I find if it was in range for radio contact nor why there was no mayday activated during all that time (7 minutes)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"The Aviation Herald said it had received flight data filed through the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) from three independent channels.

It said the system showed that at 02:26 local time on Thursday (00:26 GMT) smoke was detected in the Airbus A320 toilet.

A minute later - at 00:27 GMT - there was an avionics smoke alert.

The last ACARS message was at 00:29 GMT, the air industry website said, and the contact with the plane was lost four minutes later at 02;33 local time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36348699">//http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36348699

cc: None of that indicates whether it was the aircraft itself or sabotage.

On one hand, starting in toilet is of course very suspicious.

On the other hand it is not definitive + the absence of claims of causing a takedown is unusual for recent acts of sabotage

Nowhere can I find if it was in range for radio contact nor why there was no mayday activated during all that time (7 minutes)

I was into the barrel wash this evening, so I did not see this.

Investigators will get a far better idea of what cause the crash when they find the black box flight recorders, detailing what happened in the final moments before the plane plummeted into the Mediterranean.

But they could take a long time to locate. It took two years to find the blackboxes belonging to Air France flight 447 which plunged into the Atlantic killing 228 people.