Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Best Job Ever

Started by RW, June 04, 2016, 10:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Why does she need to be a snotty bitch like the others? It's like tit for tat here 24/7. I'll keep playing as long as they do.

Maybe Shen Li agrees with RW and Renee or maybe she takes their sides out of loyalty..

She can explain her reasoning herself.

I'm pretty sure Shen speaks her own mind.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Morphed pic, you blithering moron...

No doubt pirated from some left leaning idiot's site.

Now for reality......

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/politics_impact/photo/16361387-mmmain.jpg">

BTW, because he has capped property taxes the leftist teacher's union hates him. That's a sign that he is doing something right.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
QuoteAs for living in NJ....aside from the outrageous property taxes

I did not know that. Why is that Renee?

It's complicated but basically it's due to the formula used to determine school taxes. In NJ. your school taxes come directly out of your property tax and everyone is paying for what they call "Abbott district schools".

Due to a 1985 ruling in a court case "Abbott vs Burk" all school districts must be funded in strict accordance with the state constitution. The state constitution states that all school districts must be funded equally. So all districts are funded at the same level as the wealthiest districts in the state. Under the law poor school systems receive the same funding as rich affluent systems.

It sounds good and just in theory but the property owning residences of the state bare the lion's share of the tax burden for little result. For 30 years the hundreds of millions spent to improve the education in these so called "Abbott districts" has had almost no effect on improving college acceptance rates, test scores or HS graduation rates. Worst of all, like so many taxpayer funded initiatives in this state.......no one really knows where the money goes.

People that own their houses in their area are subsidizing areas where most people are renting? So, before 1985 property taxes were reasonable?

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"Why does she need to be a snotty bitch like the others? It's like tit for tat here 24/7. I'll keep playing as long as they do.

Maybe Shen Li agrees with RW and Renee or maybe she takes their sides out of loyalty..

She can explain her reasoning herself.

I'm pretty sure Shen speaks her own mind.

Shen's a smart girl....she knows a moron when she sees one.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Renee"Morphed pic, you blithering moron...

Now for reality......

http://imgick.nj.com/home/njo-media/width620/img/politics_impact/photo/16361387-mmmain.jpg">

BTW, because he has capped property taxes the leftist teacher's union hates him. That's a sign that he is doing something right.

He's a fat pig anyway you slice the hog. He's as fat as the first photo. Didn't you see him rockin out at the Bruce Springsteen concert? 0 self control. The other morons running mate.

Twenty Dollars

Renee you'd believe anyone. Even your present employer.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Now for reality......

He's a fat pig anyway you slice the hog. He's as fat as the first photo. Didn't you see him rockin out at the Bruce Springsteen concert? 0 self control. The other morons running mate.

His weight is no more anyone's business than our premier's orientation.

Capping property taxes sounds like a good idea to me.

Renee

QuoteAs for living in NJ....aside from the outrageous property taxes

I did not know that. Why is that Renee?

It's complicated but basically it's due to the formula used to determine school taxes. In NJ. your school taxes come directly out of your property tax and everyone is paying for what they call "Abbott district schools".

Due to a 1985 ruling in a court case "Abbott vs Burk" all school districts must be funded in strict accordance with the state constitution. The state constitution states that all school districts must be funded equally. So all districts are funded at the same level as the wealthiest districts in the state. Under the law poor school systems receive the same funding as rich affluent systems.

It sounds good and just in theory but the property owning residences of the state bare the lion's share of the tax burden for little result. For 30 years the hundreds of millions spent to improve the education in these so called "Abbott districts" has had almost no effect on improving college acceptance rates, test scores or HS graduation rates. Worst of all, like so many taxpayer funded initiatives in this state.......no one really knows where the money goes.

People that own their houses in their area are subsidizing areas where most people are renting? So, before 1985 property taxes were reasonable?

Essentially yes.

NJ always had higher than average taxes but before the Abbott ruling.....they were much more reasonable than they are now. It's not uncommon for people to be paying 8 to 12 thousand a year in property tax on a 350,000 dollar 3 bedroom home. Before the Abbott school funding went into effect in the late 80s they were probably paying less than 2,000 a year.

Property taxes in NJ skyrocketed after the Abbott district school funding went into effect. So much so that most retired people on fixed incomes cannot afford to live in the state. States like New Jersey, Connecticut, and to some degree New York have become states that you live in for job and career opportunities. Once you retire you get the hell out. Living costs are just too high.

Even my parents who have done extremely well for themselves are building a home in NC that next year they will be moving to full time. Property taxes there are about 800 to a 1,000 dollars a year and that's considered high compared to the state average. When I retire, unless something changes drastically in how the state collects taxes, I have no doubt I will be doing the same thing.

Anonymous

^^Okay, just to give a comparison, my property taxes are $1700 for 2016 on a 925 square foot condo with one titled underground and one titled surface parking stall. My parents house is worth about $400 grand and they pay $3 grand this year for property tax.

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Now for reality......

And your an imbecile in anyone's estimation. So any opinion you have  of your intellectual betters is invalid.

When you come up with a valid criticism of the man then you can open your mouth. Until then keep your childish, immature, socially backward opinions to yourself.

It's not all that hard to see why the rest of the Bastard factory ass clowns despise you. You're an obnoxious clueless fool who needs pictorial instructions just to wipe himself. You're so damn ignorant, you make me nauseous just talking to you.

RW

Now for reality......

Einstein was a supporter and member of the Teacher's Union.

Just sayin'...
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Why are we putting any stock in what the talking piece of bacon has to say?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Now for reality......

Just sayin'...

Yeah, back in the stone age...pre left wing entitlement attitude greed and graft. Don't get me started on the tax sucking rat hole that is the teacher's union in NJ.

Union bosses making 6 figures at the expense of the taxpayer and gym teachers making 90,000 a year in some districts is obscene.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Why are we putting any stock in what the talking piece of bacon has to say?

Because it's always good to rub the noses of morons into their own stupidity. Sometimes it just needs to be done even when the moron in question doesn't get it.

In this case it's all about the personal satisfaction that challenging stupidity and ignorance brings. At least that's why I do it and I suspect it's the same for you.

Anonymous

Now for reality......

Just sayin'...

Yeah, back in the stone age...pre left wing entitlement attitude greed and graft. Don't get me started on the tax sucking rat hole that is the teacher's union in NJ.

Union bosses making 6 figures at the expense of the taxpayer and gym teachers making 90,000 a year in some districts is obscene.

The teachers unions in my province are very wealthy and very powerful. I heard their pension plan is or was the majority owner of the Toronto Maple Leafs.