Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ATTN: RW

Started by smell the glove, June 14, 2016, 12:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smell the glove

I know we were talking about case law and whatnot, in another thread.

With regards to self defense, I believe I've found something a little more solid in this snip, that pertains to Canadian law...

Short of sifting through hour after hour of case law, I'm pretty sure that this snip would be the basis of a truly successful trial for an individual:

http://i68.tinypic.com/rsbeva.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"I know we were talking about case law and whatnot, in another thread.

With regards to self defense, I believe I've found something a little more solid in this snip, that pertains to Canadian law...

Short of sifting through hour after hour of case law, I'm pretty sure that this snip would be the basis of a truly successful trial for an individual:

http://i68.tinypic.com/rsbeva.png">

Thanks for posting this smell the glove.

RW

I'm familiar with all posted case law in your clip.  None provides a defense for illegally storing a firearm.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"I'm familiar with all posted case law in your clip.  None provides a defense for illegally storing a firearm.

That ruling I will attempt to find...  But not now...

RW

So what were you trying to get at with this thread?
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"So what were you trying to get at with this thread?

You stated that Canadians were not allowed to defend themselves, using whatever method necessary, in another one of your posts...

You called my claim "lies."

You like to argue about law, and what you know...  I like to also...  For that, I like ya!

RW

I thought it was about gun law because I said you weren't allowed to sleep with a loaded gun under your pillow.

In terms of legal defense, you've posted pretty much what the law follows.  You can defend yourself with force that meets the threat.  As the case law shows, if you have other means of defense that doesn't involve force, you lose your right to use force.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

You called BS on me when I stated that also...  (RW, my memory is really good...  Myself drunk, can remember PM's that you cannot remember sober...  Remember this.  This is why Mimi is on my shit list.)

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"As the case law shows, if you have other means of defense that doesn't involve force, you lose your right to use force.

What personal means of defense doesn't involve force?

Look, I explained this to my ex, when we were still married...

I bought her a can of dog spray (Mace, to the Yanks)...  I said that you will use this, if you are threatened.  She asked me if it was allowed to be used in such fashion.

I said no...  However, you will be fine in the court of law, should you use this to defend yourself from, say, a rapist.

Case law...  Criminal Code of Canada...  Two different things!

Plus, I can hire good lawyers!  LOLZA!

RW

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "RW"As the case law shows, if you have other means of defense that doesn't involve force, you lose your right to use force.

Look, I explained this to my ex, when we were still married...

I bought her a can of dog spray (Mace, to the Yanks)...  I said that you will use this, if you are threatened.  She asked me if it was allowed to be used in such fashion.

I said no...  However, you will be fine in the court of law, should you use this to defend yourself from, say, a rapist.

Case law...  Criminal Code of Canada...  Two different things!

Plus, I can hire good lawyers!  LOLZA!

You seriously should not give legal advice.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

smell the glove

Quote from: "Fashionista"Thanks for posting this smell the glove.

No problem...

It clarifies Canadian law, regarding the use of lethal self defense.

RW is just an argumentative bitter hag, that's losing her marbles.  She's no different than the DV crew, that are losing their marbles at the same pace...

It's sad to see, and I have offered my help to them.

Renee

Quote from: "smell the glove"

Calling the police........How are your response times?

Retreating to the furtherst point of your property.

Locking yourself in a room away from the intruder....cowering in a closet.

Fleeing your home.....giving your personal hard earned sanctuary over to the intruder.....etc, etc.

:001_rolleyes:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I have taken law courses but I don't understand the application of COMMON LAW <--- that's the term for precedent setting case law.  That makes sense.  :001_rolleyes:

I have said nothing in this thread to warrant your attack nor is this the place for hurling such abuse.  If you keep this up, I won't spank your ass on legal matters any more.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Mel > "Everyone in the world is crazy but me hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ..."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell