Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

welcome Mandy

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2016, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandy

Why do you keep calling it Snitz DV? I just remember it as Discover Vancouver.
I like stuff... \'N things

Anonymous

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "Herman"So why did it die then?

That can never be answered, but it was a combination of things, in my opinion...

First off, Vin couldn't stop fucking with the forum.  Now, understand that he had enlisted me weeks before he actually transitioned the forum over to phb board, to give advice.  I tried to do my best, to keep the "original" character of Snitz DV going.

Nonetheless, the cranky old hags also began to circle their pray shortly afterwards also.  Well?  In the end, Vin didn't listen to my advice, and simply couldn't stop fucking with the forum.

Another problem, at the end, was Google Ads were receiving quite a few complaints about forum content, and some warnings were issued to the board, by Google Ads.

I think the final nail in the coffin was when essentially the whole database disappeared.  Basically 15 years of content, gone.  I don't know how that happened, why that happened, and have never found out the real reason.  That was the final nail in the coffin.

I thin the last reason is the only reason it is gone. How did the db just disappear? People woke up one morning and the forum was gone?

smell the glove

Quote from: "Herman"People woke up one morning and the forum was gone?

Yup.  Pretty much!  That's exactly what happened.  The forum was still there, but all content was gone.

Final nail.

smell the glove

Quote from: "Mandy"Why do you keep calling it Snitz DV? I just remember it as Discover Vancouver.

I use this term to differentiate between the original, non-registration DV, owned by Mike Schwartz.  That forum was actually a "Snitz" board, and this relates to the actual format, if you will, regarding the "style" of the board.  It's just a name for a certain type of board format, in regards to the actual programming.

Boards are like cars.  A Chevrolet is different than a Ford mechanically.  Mikey's DV was a Snitz board.

When Vin bought the forum, he changed it over, and (more or less) successfully imported the database over to the "new" forum.

mandy

Quote from: "Mandy"Why do you keep calling it Snitz DV? I just remember it as Discover Vancouver.

I use this term to differentiate between the original, non-registration DV, owned by Mike Schwartz.  That forum was actually a "Snitz" board, and this relates to the actual format, if you will, regarding the "style" of the board.  It's just a name for a certain type of board format, in regards to the actual programming.

Boards are like cars.  A Chevrolet is different than a Ford mechanically.  Mikey's DV was a Snitz board.

When Vin bought the forum, he changed it over, and (more or less) successfully imported the database over to the "new" forum.

I think I was long gone by the time they started changing the board style. But I did post there for 2 or 3 years.

So tell me more about the people here.

mandy

FYI I'm up with my sick 4 year old so when little one sleeps better mama goes to bed too. So if I suddenly disappear then good night to you.

smell the glove

Quote from: "Mandy"So tell me more about the people here.

This forum isn't exactly busy, as forums like these are kind of a dying breed these days.  Blame FaceBook, social media shifts, etc...  DATW is a good example of a dead forum floating around in cyberspace, essentially unmanned like a ghost ship.

The Mods here don't let too much funny business fly, which is a good or bad thing, depending on who you ask.  I would say that it is what it is.

The timing was funny...  Asia mentioned long lost posters, including your handle, and just later that night I check DATW, only to see that there (to my surprise) is one last sole poster (you).  That's why I made the invite.

Other than that, pretty well what you see is what you get!

RW

Not a lot of the old DV crew is still kicking around.
Beware of Gaslighters!

smell the glove

Quote from: "Mandy"FYI I'm up with my sick 4 year old so when little one sleeps better mama goes to bed too. So if I suddenly disappear then good night to you.

No worries!

Rest well if you're out.

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"Not a lot of the old DV crew is still kicking around.

People come, people go.

They simply don't have the dedication...  the passion...  that I have!

That's why I'd make such a good husband to a fine young blonde piece of ass!  I'm a dedicated, passionate man!

RW

Passionate about a case of Old Milwaukee maybe.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

I remember DV.  Posters scattered but many assembled in the same forums.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

smell the glove

Quote from: "RW"Passionate about a case of Old Milwaukee maybe.

I'm single now!  Living the bachelor lifestyle!  Of course I drink myself to death!  What else do we bachelors do?

That's why I need the touch of a fine young blonde piece of ass, to keep me on the straight and narrow!

RW

Who was that guy who used to do karate poses in his driveway?  He and Berry Sweet used to get into it all the time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "RW"Passionate about a case of Old Milwaukee maybe.

I'm single now!  Living the bachelor lifestyle!  Of course I drink myself to death!  What else do we bachelors do?

That's why I need the touch of a fine young blonde piece of ass, to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Yeah but said women don't want some drunken slob to babysit.
Beware of Gaslighters!