The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

welcome Mandy

Started by Anonymous, June 23, 2016, 09:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

smell the glove

Even though the Mods would generally enforce a "no handlejacking" policy, it was always awesome when someone would cleverly handlejack a long-time poster...

It's just one of those "pleasures" that was lost...

mandy

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"It changed to have registration and it was still great.

So why did it die then?

Too many whiney bitches.
I like stuff... \'N things

mandy

Quote from: "smell the glove"Even though the Mods would generally enforce a "no handlejacking" policy, it was always awesome when someone would cleverly handlejack a long-time poster...

It's just one of those "pleasures" that was lost...

That happened to me more times than I could count. Everyone wants to be me. God knows why. I'm pretty boring.

smell the glove

Quote from: "Mandy"I think that's why everyone left for other forums. Speaking of which super checker hasn't posted a single job posting all day. I'm worried about him.

Well, to be quite honest, I don't think many people will actually miss his spam, er, his constant 24/7 job offer postings...

Understand he does this at multiple forums also, right?  Perhaps he just got tired, and his keyboard needs a rest.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mandy"

So why did it die then?

Too many whiney bitches.

Whiners killed the forum? How?

smell the glove

Quote from: "Mandy"That happened to me more times than I could count. Everyone wants to be me. God knows why. I'm pretty boring.

They did it for the Lulz!

A clever troll could usually pull off a good handlejack quite successfully!

mandy

So why did it die then?

Too many whiney bitches.

Too many complaints. Got to the point where everything was locked and you couldn't post anything that wasn't filtered or getting deleted for the slight chance it would offend someone.

mandy

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "Mandy"That happened to me more times than I could count. Everyone wants to be me. God knows why. I'm pretty boring.

They did it for the Lulz!

A clever troll could usually pull off a good handlejack quite successfully!

They did well enough sometimes I had to check twice to see if it was posted by me or not. Then some where just way way wrong. It was easy to see when fornicator would handle jack me.

Anonymous

So why did it die then?

Too many whiney bitches.

Too many complaints. Got to the point where everything was locked and you couldn't post anything that wasn't filtered or getting deleted for the slight chance it would offend someone.

So they went from one extreme of no moderating to the other of over moderating.

mandy

So why did it die then?

Too many whiney bitches.

Pretty much. You couldn't type assimilate without ass changing to bum. Or something equally juvenile .

Anonymous

So why did it die then?

Too many whiney bitches.

Pretty much. You couldn't type assimilate without ass changing to bum. Or something equally juvenile .

Shit like that will kill a forum.

mandy

Shit like that will kill a forum.

And it did

smell the glove

Quote from: "Herman"So why did it die then?

That can never be answered, but it was a combination of things, in my opinion...

First off, Vin couldn't stop fucking with the forum.  Now, understand that he had enlisted me weeks before he actually transitioned the forum over to phb board, to give advice.  I tried to do my best, to keep the "original" character of Snitz DV going.

Nonetheless, the cranky old hags also began to circle their pray shortly afterwards also.  Well?  In the end, Vin didn't listen to my advice, and simply couldn't stop fucking with the forum.

Another problem, at the end, was Google Ads were receiving quite a few complaints about forum content, and some warnings were issued to the board, by Google Ads.

I think the final nail in the coffin was when essentially the whole database disappeared.  Basically 15 years of content, gone.  I don't know how that happened, why that happened, and have never found out the real reason.  That was the final nail in the coffin.

mandy

Quote from: "smell the glove"
Quote from: "Herman"So why did it die then?

That can never be answered, but it was a combination of things, in my opinion...

First off, Vin couldn't stop fucking with the forum.  Now, understand that he had enlisted me weeks before he actually transitioned the forum over to phb board, to give advice.  I tried to do my best, to keep the "original" character of Snitz DV going.

Nonetheless, the cranky old hags also began to circle their pray shortly afterwards also.  Well?  In the end, Vin didn't listen to my advice, and simply couldn't stop fucking with the forum.

Another problem, at the end, was Google Ads were receiving quite a few complaints about forum content, and some warnings were issued to the board, by Google Ads.

I think the final nail in the coffin was when essentially the whole database disappeared.  Basically 15 years of content, gone.  I don't know how that happened, why that happened, and have never found out the real reason.  That was the final nail in the coffin.

People were leaving long before that happened. At least people from my time there.

smell the glove

Towards the end it did start to get silly and frustrating.  That's why I simply stepped down as Mod.  I couldn't be part of a "team" anymore that was starting to do things that went against everything I, and Snitz DV, stood for.