Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Asian Recipes

Started by Anonymous, February 04, 2013, 08:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "priscilla1961"BBQ Yellow Bean Chicken with Grilled Chinese Long Beans

Ingredients

4 heaping tablespoons yellow bean sauce

4 heaping tablespoons honey

4 tablespoons Shaohsing rice wine or dry sherry

4 tablespoons light soy sauce

Peanut oil

1 heaping tablespoon light brown sugar

1 teaspoon dark soy sauce

6 cloves garlic, finely chopped

2-inch piece ginger, peeled and freshly grated

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces

12 ounces Chinese long beans, trimmed and cut into thirds

1 Fresno chili, seeded and chopped for garnish

Directions

Special equipment: Four 10-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes

Put the bean sauce, honey, rice wine, light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon peanut oil, brown sugar, dark soy sauce garlic and ginger into a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover the bowl, refrigerate and leave to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour and as long as overnight.

Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat, making sure the grates have been brushed clean and lightly oiled before cooking.

Remove the chicken from the marinade. Reserve the marinade, transfer to a small pan and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Set aside.

Divide and thread the chicken onto the 4 bamboo skewers, 5 to 6 pieces of chicken per skewer. Grill the chicken on each side until charred, about 2 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and place the green beans on the grill alongside the chicken skewers, basting the chicken and beans with the reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting every couple minutes until the outside edges are glazed and sticky and the chicken is cooked through; 10 to 12 minutes total. Serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with the chiles.

http://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2012/3/29/0/FNCC_ching-he-huang-barbecue-yellow-bean-chicken_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1351630156169.jpeg">

That makes a nice meal Priscilla.

priscilla1961

Garlic tofu

Ingredients

1 package super firm tofu

1/4 cup Hoisin sauce

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger

2 cloves garlic, minced

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon sesame oil

green onions for garnish

rice for serving

Instructions

Remove tofu from packaging. Place about 4 paper towels on a plate. Set tofu on top of plate and cover with more paper towels. Place a cast iron pan or something else that is heavy on top. Let sit 30 minutes.

In a medium bowl, stir together Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.

Cut tofu into bite-sized pieces. Place in bowl with sauce and toss to coat. Let sit 30 minutes.

Heat olive oil in a medium cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once really hot, add tofu. Once nicely seared on the bottom, flip over. Continue to cook until seared on bottom.

Drizzle with sesame oil and remove from heat.

Sprinkle with green onions and serve with rice.

https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/tofu-19-672x1024.jpg">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Blazor

I've never had tofu, nor seen it, only in pics, but thats the best looking tofu I've seen! lol
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Harry

[size=150]Harry's Special Tofu Recipe[/size]

1. Throw it in the trash.

2. Grill a steak.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"I've never had tofu, nor seen it, only in pics, but thats the best looking tofu I've seen! lol

You're fucking kidding me Blaze?

BTW, that garlic tofu is fucking good.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Blazor"I've never had tofu, nor seen it, only in pics, but thats the best looking tofu I've seen! lol

Nope lol, I swear I've never seen it in a restaurant or a grocery store around here.

I bet! I would try it, looked good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Nope lol, I swear I've never seen it in a restaurant or a grocery store around here.

I bet! I would try it, looked good.

Safeway, Sobeys, Save On Foods, Costco, Walmart, and Real Canadian Superstore all carry it in the produce section.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Safeway, Sobeys, Save On Foods, Costco, Walmart, and Real Canadian Superstore all carry it in the produce section.

We have a Walmart, I'll look there next time in there lol. Produce section!

Anonymous

I'm making a vegan take on Korean kimchi tofu soup for supper tonight.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1/2 medium yellow onion, medium dice

Kosher salt

2 teaspoons Korean chili paste

1 medium zucchini, medium dice

1 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped (see What to Buy note)

I container of Korean soybean paste

1 teaspoon soy sauce

1 (14- to 16-ounce) package silken or soft tofu, drained

2 medium scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)

Steamed white or brown rice, for serving

Directions:

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tightfitting lid over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.

2. Add the chile paste, stir to combine, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the zucchini, season with salt, and stir to combine. Add the kimchi and cook, stirring occasionally, until simmering, about 2 minutes. Add the soybean paste and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Taste and season with salt as needed.

3. Using a large serving spoon, add the tofu by very large spoonfuls, taking care not to break up the tofu into little bits.

Gently press down on the tofu with the back of the spoon so that the broth is mostly covering it. Simmer until the tofu is heated through and the flavors have melded, about 3 minutes.

Angry White Male

LEAVE SOME BLACKBERRIES FOR THE WHITE PEOPLE!

THE WHITE PEOPLE!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"LEAVE SOME BLACKBERRIES FOR THE WHITE PEOPLE!

THE WHITE PEOPLE!

Sorry, fresh out.

Angry White Male

You keep your little yellow fingers away from the berries, OK?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"You keep your little yellow fingers away from the berries, OK?

I'll try.

priscilla1961

Chinese mabo tofu

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1 tablespoon cold water

1/2 pound ground pork

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch pieces

5 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons hot bean sauce

1 teaspoon white sugar

3 green onions, chopped

1 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions:

1.Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; set aside.

2.Brown ground pork in a small skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.

3.Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Cook the garlic and ginger root in the oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the soy sauce, hot bean sauce, and sugar; stir to combine.

4.Stir in the cooked pork and green onion. Sprinkle with the cornstarch and water mixture; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir the sesame oil into the thickened mabo tofu.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/371930.jpg">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Thiel

Quote from: "priscilla1961"Chinese mabo tofu

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon cornstarch

1 tablespoon cold water

1/2 pound ground pork

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu, cut into 1 inch pieces

5 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons hot bean sauce

1 teaspoon white sugar

3 green onions, chopped

1 teaspoon sesame oil

Directions:

1.Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl; set aside.

2.Brown ground pork in a small skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.

3.Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Cook the garlic and ginger root in the oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Season with the soy sauce, hot bean sauce, and sugar; stir to combine.

4.Stir in the cooked pork and green onion. Sprinkle with the cornstarch and water mixture; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir the sesame oil into the thickened mabo tofu.

http://images.media-allrecipes.com/userphotos/250x250/371930.jpg">

I believe I have had that when I was in China for business.
gay, conservative and proud