Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Re: Unions Should Be Optional

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2013, 06:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I know right to work laws scare the hell out of big labour. Union membership should be optional. Forcing people to pay dues to an organization they may not support is antithetical to democracy.

Anonymous

I`m a union member and very happy with that..

I like my benefits and working conditions..

It is a big help to me when my family needs me.

Pinay

I'm not a union fan..absolutely there are pros and cons being in a unionized environment but for me the cons outweighs the pros, so for that reason I'm out !   ;)

cc

That's OK Fashonista, but do you think others should be forced "to pay dues to an organization they may not support". Isn't that "antithetical to democracy." as some wise person said
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"That's OK Fashonista, but do you think others should be forced "to pay dues to an organization they may not support". Isn't that "antithetical to democracy." as some wise person said

If it's forced then no, that isn't right cc..

I would choose my union, but people should have the right to reject it as well.

Odinson

Our union-activity is more organized.

Member or not, the worker has to be paid atleast the min. salary that is pointed in the national work contract of that profession. If the contract is broken, there will be a strike if things go bad enough.

All unions are members of the "Finlands work-union central" (translated into something like that ;)).

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"Our union-activity is more organized.

Member or not, the worker has to be paid atleast the min. salary that is pointed in the national work contract of that profession. If the contract is broken, there will be a strike if things go bad enough.

All unions are members of the "Finlands work-union central" (translated into something like that ;)).

What I think you are saying Odie is that union membership is optional, but the terms of a union contract are not? If that is the case then why would they need unions at all?

I heard labour markets are quite rigid in Scandinavia? Swedes in particular are one the most unhealthy peoples in the world. Far more likely to call in sick than Canadians. Also, very difficult to get rid of lazy inept assholes in those countries. This is what I heard Odie.

Unions are watching that the regulations are being followed. Being a member has it´s benefits.

For example even if I wouldn´t be a member of a union, I would still have to strike if ordered to. My company has to follow union-regulations.

If the electric-engineers strike, I would have to go to strike too.

They are not unhealthy, they are sometimes faking it to get a free day. I for example never get sick. Many work-providers require a proof of sickness (?) from the worker nowadays... Physicians are giving those.

3x warnings and kiss your ass goodbye.

Kinda messy again.

Odinson

QuoteUnions are watching that the regulations are being followed. Being a member has it´s benefits.

For example even if I wouldn´t be a member of a union, I would still have to strike if ordered to. My company has to follow union-regulations.

If the electric-engineers strike, I would have to go to strike too.

Unions have forced their will on all companies? Non-union shops must go on strike because unions demand it? Finland has given too much power to unions and taken too much power away from individuals to decide for themselves. Forced strikes for non-unionized workers?? Unf*cking believable!!

QuoteThey are not unhealthy, they are sometimes faking it to get a free day. I for example never get sick. Many work-providers require a proof of sickness (?) from the worker nowadays... Physicians are giving those.

3x warnings and kiss your ass goodbye.

Kinda messy again.

Oh, I know they are faking it Odie. Sweden is one of the more healthy nations on the planet and so many workers are sick at any given time?? Something stinks there that is for sure.

That is good that employers are demanding proof of illness. Do you mean that three times without proof of illness and a worker is fired?

Trust me, they do not do so lightly. The workers control the union, as long as they are happy, everybody is happy. There are chosen foremen that inform the union-leaders about the unhappiness of the workers.

Strikes have to be just and they have to be validated by court.

Nearly every1 belongs to a union since it benefits us.

We do not want the wallmart-model where workers are being treated like slaves.

Wow, even we list on the "7 the most healthiest people on the planet"-list. lol

The 3 warnings apply to everything. Schedules not met too many times = warning, caught faking it = warning, caught stealing shit = warning etc. It all depends on how severe the indiscretion is.

Drinking too much at the christmas party and punching the boss will get you fired. ;)

Odinson

QuoteTrust me, they do not do so lightly. The workers control the union, as long as they are happy, everybody is happy. There are chosen foremen that inform the union-leaders about the unhappiness of the workers.

Strikes have to be just and they have to be validated by court.

Nearly every1 belongs to a union since it benefits us.

We do not want the wallmart-model where workers are being treated like slaves.

Wow, even we list on the "7 the most healthiest people on the planet"-list. lol

The 3 warnings apply to everything. Schedules not met too many times = warning, caught faking it = warning, caught stealing shit = warning etc. It all depends on how severe the indiscretion is.

Drinking too much at the christmas party and punching the boss will get you fired.

Unions are big business in North America. They are corrupt and political to their very core. They pay lip service to worker happiness, but it is all about the corrupt fatcats at the top of the organization. Some unions are pretty good, but in unskilled laobur positions they do little to improve wages.

Walmart is not a good example as any retard can work there and in my city it often is handicapped people working at them. If you are skilled here your wages and benefits are really good. In the rich Asian countries it is considered counterproductive to pay unskilled workers a high wage like Scandinavian countries do. It discourages them from acquiring the skills a developed nation needs to stay on top.

Unskilled get snuffed in the interviews. You have to have recommendations+good grades to get a job. Good grades and energetic personality are enough too.

Retards/low-wits are being utilized at some level. They can lift boxes and such. ;)

Our unions are not political since they cannot be controlled by a handful of men. Decisions need to be agreed by the members. Political-parties are not in control.

Unions however invest in certain businesses.

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"
Unions are big business in North America. They are corrupt and political to their very core. They pay lip service to worker happiness, but it is all about the corrupt fatcats at the top of the organization. Some unions are pretty good, but in unskilled laobur positions they do little to improve wages.

Walmart is not a good example as any retard can work there and in my city it often is handicapped people working at them. If you are skilled here your wages and benefits are really good. In the rich Asian countries it is considered counterproductive to pay unskilled workers a high wage like Scandinavian countries do. It discourages them from acquiring the skills a developed nation needs to stay on top.

Unskilled get snuffed in the interviews. You have to have recommendations+good grades to get a job. Good grades and energetic personality are enough too.

Retards/low-wits are being utilized at some level. They can lift boxes and such. ;)

Our unions are not political since they cannot be controlled by a handful of men. Decisions need to be agreed by the members. Political-parties are not in control.

Unions however invest in certain businesses.

Some union pension plans are very, very wealthy in Canada. Some of them are majority shareholders in some very large enterprises.

Is Walmart in Finland? My city has a low unemployment rate and the only people that apply at Wally World are immigrant women with very little English or retards. Their wages are low, so that is all they can get.

No. Walmart would have no market here.

Odinson

Some union pension plans are very, very wealthy in Canada. Some of them are majority shareholders in some very large enterprises.

Is Walmart in Finland? My city has a low unemployment rate and the only people that apply at Wally World are immigrant women with very little English or retards. Their wages are low, so that is all they can get.

No. Walmart would have no market here.

Why not? Fashionista probably does 90% of her shopping there. :lol:

Not trying to step on any toes here but unless walmart changes it´s products, we won´t buy them. We mostly buy finnish products or scandinavian products.

Yankee products... No way.

Odinson

Why not? Fashionista probably does 90% of her shopping there. :lol:

Not trying to step on any toes here but unless walmart changes it´s products, we won´t buy them. We mostly buy finnish products or scandinavian products.

Yankee products... No way.

Explain what makes Scandinavian products superior? A lot of my friends love Ikea, but I don't like most of their ugly looking crap.

We have a habit of building our stuff sturdy. Like our houses.

Volvo is like a tank but still ekological.

Our food is more pure. We have purer air and cattle is not laced with growth-hormones.

Ikea is americanized crap-shop.

Odinson

Might sound a bit arrogant but we trust the products made by us and other northerners.

Odinson

Explain what makes Scandinavian products superior? A lot of my friends love Ikea, but I don't like most of their ugly looking crap.

We have a habit of building our stuff sturdy. Like our houses.

Volvo is like a tank but still ekological.

Our food is more pure. We have purer air and cattle is not laced with growth-hormones.

Ikea is americanized crap-shop.

1) Our houses are built to withstand our long brutal winters. Yes there have been cases of condo buildings or subdivisions contructed poorly, but they are the exception.

2) Volvo car divison is Chinese owned now and it was owned by Ford before that. Heavy trucks and construction equipment are still Swedish though I believe.

3) You can buy less processed food here, but it is more expensive. Our cattle are loaded with growth hormones though, but Alberta beef is still condidered the best in the world.

4) What type of big box retailers do you have in Scandinavia?

1) Sure, canadians live in the same climate.

2) Volvo is a certain type of quality and the owner does not change that... If they do, volvo ceases to be volvo.

3) Full organic food is in a different category here too, more expensive. Never heard of Alberta beef. Moose beef is pretty organic.

4) Kesko and Arina are big corporations which own near all of our supermarkets. KKK-supermarket, citymarket, prisma, those are the biggest here. Selling mainly made in finland goods. Electronics are either german, finnish or swedish for the most part.

KKK does not mean Ku Klux Klan here. ;)

I don´t recall seeing any canadian products.

By american I mean USA.

Odinson

1) Our houses are built to withstand our long brutal winters. Yes there have been cases of condo buildings or subdivisions contructed poorly, but they are the exception.

2) Volvo car divison is Chinese owned now and it was owned by Ford before that. Heavy trucks and construction equipment are still Swedish though I believe.

3) You can buy less processed food here, but it is more expensive. Our cattle are loaded with growth hormones though, but Alberta beef is still condidered the best in the world.

4) What type of big box retailers do you have in Scandinavia?

1) Sure, canadians live in the same climate.

2) Volvo is a certain type of quality and the owner does not change that... If they do, volvo ceases to be volvo.

3) Full organic food is in a different category here too, more expensive. Never heard of Alberta beef. Moose beef is pretty organic.

4) Kesko and Arina are big corporations which own near all of our supermarkets. KKK-supermarket, citymarket, prisma, those are the biggest here. Selling mainly made in finland goods. Electronics are either german, finnish or swedish for the most part.

KKK does not mean Ku Klux Klan here. ;)

I don´t recall seeing any canadian products.

By american I mean USA.

Odie, I buy organic elk meat from a farmer just outside my city. There are lots of people that hunt deer, elk and moose though. Alberta beef is famous for it's marbling.

What makes more expensive European electronics better than Asian ones?

Lots of consumer products made in Canada. Everything from camping equipment to furniture to clothing. Most stuff in our stores are made in China though.

Sure you do. Can´t have nice smooth legs without good food. ;)

Makita is actually good. Sony, samsung also good.

German domestic machines and work-tools last forever.

Yea, I buy american clothing because southern european sizes are too small for me.