Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

I Cannot Read the Forum Unless I Login

Started by Anonymous, September 07, 2016, 06:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Hiding the board unless logged in is a terrible way to attract anyone new...  At least with content available to the public, a new poster may register (slim chance), but it does happen.

Guest posting?  I used to like Snitz DV just for that, but not so sure it would work here, with the currently limited number of active posters.  Herman is probably correct, in that it would more than likely create more work than potential traffic...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Hiding the board unless logged in is a terrible way to attract anyone new...  At least with content available to the public, a new poster may register (slim chance), but it does happen.

Guest posting?  I used to like Snitz DV just for that, but not so sure it would work here, with the currently limited number of active posters.  Herman is probably correct, in that it would more than likely create more work than potential traffic...

I doubt I will go ahead with guest posting..

And logging in to read is temporary.

Aryan

I guess this stops outsiders from snooping, but like Mel says, its unlikely to attract many new posters.

cc

Again, Would not readable unless logged in   not keep robots / search engines from reading it?

And prospective members? No one will join a forum they have not examined / assessed .. or even know about let alone find if they were looking
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"I guess this stops outsiders from snooping, but like Mel says, its unlikely to attract many new posters.

It would force people that have registered that lurk to login. If they login, they are more likely to post.

Aryan

There's pros and cons to both sides of the argument...  I think the board is better open though rather than closed off, but its not my call.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"There's pros and cons to both sides of the argument...  I think the board is better open though rather than closed off, but its not my call.

Oh yeah, I would agree with that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"There's pros and cons to both sides of the argument...  I think the board is better open though rather than closed off, but its not my call.

A few people logged in since I did this that have not been here in a long time, so the results are not bad..

But, it's too early to tell yet if it's working..

I am waiting to hear from one other person who's opinions I value before deciding if I will end this sooner rather than later.

Aryan

Quote from: "Fashionista"

A few people logged in since I did this that have not been here in a long time, so the results are not bad..

I am waiting to hear from one other person who's opinions I value before deciding if I will end this sooner rather than later.

You should disable the ability for people to hide their online status, its completely pointless, and would expose all the nosy fuckers.    :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

You should disable the ability for people to hide their online status, its completely pointless, and would expose all the nosy fuckers.    :laugh:

I can see everybody here, so I forget that that option is even available..

I have never had anyone ask for hidden status to be removed before.

Aryan

Its just a pet peeve of mine.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"Its just a pet peeve of mine.  ac_biggrin

That's fine, but I don't think it's a good idea to take the hidden online status option away from posters..

I think most posters that login would like to keep that option even if they choose not to use it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"What's going on here?

I am trying something out Herman..

It's only a trial..

I am also thinking of trying guest posting again..

Good idea, yay or nay?

I don't know. But, guest posting is a bad idea. It discourages new registrants.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"What's going on here?

I am trying something out Herman..

It's only a trial..

I am also thinking of trying guest posting again..

Good idea, yay or nay?

I don't know. But, guest posting is a bad idea. It discourages new registrants.

I think guest the posting suggestion is dead.

Anonymous