Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A Feel Good Story for Everyone ....... except our pet nazi of course

Started by cc, October 08, 2016, 12:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/06/496938817/world-s-oldest-living-man-celebrates-his-bar-mitzvah-100-years-late?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews">World's Oldest Man Celebrates His Bar Mitzvah 100 Years Late

As a young boy, Polish-born Yisrael Kristal looked forward to turning 13 when he could celebrate his bar mitzvah, the Jewish coming-of-age ritual. But that was 1916 and World War I crushed that hope. Little did he know that he would wait a century for that ceremony.

Kristal barely survived the next world war as a prisoner in Auschwitz. After WWII, he rebuilt his life in Israel, raising a family and opening a business. Earlier this year, he was recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest man.

But the milestone event that marks a Jewish boy's passage to adulthood eluded Kristal until this week when he finally celebrated his bar mitzvah, at the age of 113, surrounded by two children, nine grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren in Haifa, Israel.

There's more good stuff to this in the link - Apart from my personal negative feelings on heavy religious rites, he's quite  a guy and a great example for all of us

Scouce"  "This proves it. CC's a feelthee JooOOoo"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/06/496938817/world-s-oldest-living-man-celebrates-his-bar-mitzvah-100-years-late?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews">World's Oldest Man Celebrates His Bar Mitzvah 100 Years Late

As a young boy, Polish-born Yisrael Kristal looked forward to turning 13 when he could celebrate his bar mitzvah, the Jewish coming-of-age ritual. But that was 1916 and World War I crushed that hope. Little did he know that he would wait a century for that ceremony.

Kristal barely survived the next world war as a prisoner in Auschwitz. After WWII, he rebuilt his life in Israel, raising a family and opening a business. Earlier this year, he was recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest man.

But the milestone event that marks a Jewish boy's passage to adulthood eluded Kristal until this week when he finally celebrated his bar mitzvah, at the age of 113, surrounded by two children, nine grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren in Haifa, Israel.

There's more good stuff to this in the link - Apart from my personal negative feelings on heavy religious rites, he's quite  a guy and a great example for all of us

Great story DM. I would have thought the oldest person in the world was in Japan though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/10/06/496938817/world-s-oldest-living-man-celebrates-his-bar-mitzvah-100-years-late?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews">World's Oldest Man Celebrates His Bar Mitzvah 100 Years Late

I feel good just because he has survived through so much..

He didn't just survive, he thrived.

cc

Aryan

[size=200]Kristal barely survived the next world war as a prisoner in Auschwitz. [/size]After WWII, he rebuilt his life in Israel, raising a family and opening a business. Earlier this year, he was recognized by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest man.

Of course, no doubt he narrowly escaped from the imaginary gas chambers aswell.   :oeudC:

Its funny how many survivors there are from the supposedly 'murderous death camps' isn't it?  

But hey, they gotta keep that victim status going if they want those shekels to carry on rolling in....... the Hollowco$$t industry has already netted them millions, if not billions over the years.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"Exactly. What a person!!!!! .. an inspiration

He's a real man.

Aryan

Did you also know that Auschwitz had swimming pools, brothels and other forms of entertainment for the 'prisoners'?  I kid you not...

Aryan

Aryan

Oh great, CC's tipped off her buddies in the JIDF hasn't she..

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li"

He's a real man.

He is

[size=85]unlike certain  pussies I need not mention  [/size] ac_smile

EDIT - 3 consecutive posts within minutes ... I've got him scrambling  :laugh:

and screwing up an otherwise good thread

Anonymous

Quote from: "Daisy May"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

He's a real man.

He is

[size=85]unlike certain  pussies I need not mention  [/size] ac_smile

We all know you mean Herm. :laugh3:

cc

Anonymous

Aryan

Quote from: "Daisy May" screwing up a good thread

Now I know you're trolling.   ac_toofunny

Bricktop

Quote from: "SCOUSE"

Did you know you'd be flat on your back counting the lights if you mouthed off like that IRL?