The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Re: Sanctuary Cities???

Started by Twenty Dollars, November 17, 2016, 12:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Oberon"How is this even possible?

Illegals are protected...even welcomed?

How crazy can America become?

Merica cannot function without cheap labor. Especially one the west coast. Think I'm wrong? Would gringos pick wine grapes or anything else for $8.  an hour? Maybe $16. an hour. Who then could afford to eat them.

You are right about that. Agriculture in the USA cannot survive without dirt cheap labor. It is the same in Canada too though. The fruit growing regions of Ontario and BC have annual migrations of apple, grape, cherry and pear pickers from places like Jamaica. Some fruit pickers have been coming to Canada annually for decades. It is all perfectly legal and we have a special visa for them. I use temporary workers from Central America for my sunflower seeds. Something the USA should consider rather than just having illegal aliens that America knows nothing about.

Actually this is something that has been talked about at length on the west coast. Yes it's a good idea. Funny when one discusses illegals, it's about Latinos. In reality there are many who are not Latino. From Ireland, GB, Italy, Israel, etc. From white countries who can obtain visas, then simply disregard the time frame. Met an Irish guy when I was in Sonoma. Looks like any normal gringo. Can't find work, so he is looking for someone to get married to.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Oberon"
You are right about that. Agriculture in the USA cannot survive without dirt cheap labor.

I believe it said the same thing about slavery.

American producers seem quite happy to pay workers next to nothing to lower their costs.

Smart move, right?

Well, no.

America wants to sell its produce to other countries. A kilo of American lemons costs less to buy than a kilo of Australian lemons. Why? Because Australia pays its workers a minimum wage...much higher than the pennies American growers pay their illegals.

Result; Australian lemon growers are forced out of existence because they cannot compete, due to America's cheating on wage payments.

Result; Australia bars American produce.

Result; American lemon growers go out of business.

What seems like a simple expediency to save a few bucks has much greater implications than just more profit for the grower. Abnormally low wages gives those that pay them an unfair advantage. Not just globally but locally. Using cheap illegal labout undermines the economy.

Didn't America go to war on itself on a similar premise?

Unless you've been here, and understand this situation, your thoughts can only be  based on assumption. It's worked very well for many years. It keeps food prices lower. Why change it? I doubt it ever will.

The only assumptions being made here is by you, you braindead repetitious parrot.

Herman, why do you let this knucklehead TD derail good posts from quality posters like Oberon? His mindless chatter belongs in RR, not here.

Please no more assumptions. Your dont have a clue about this situation. Promise you.

Twenty Dollars

You are right about that. Agriculture in the USA cannot survive without dirt cheap labor.

American producers seem quite happy to pay workers next to nothing to lower their costs.

Smart move, right?

Well, no.

America wants to sell its produce to other countries. A kilo of American lemons costs less to buy than a kilo of Australian lemons. Why? Because Australia pays its workers a minimum wage...much higher than the pennies American growers pay their illegals.

Result; Australian lemon growers are forced out of existence because they cannot compete, due to America's cheating on wage payments.

What seems like a simple expediency to save a few bucks has much greater implications than just more profit for the grower. Abnormally low wages gives those that pay them an unfair advantage. Not just globally but locally. Using cheap illegal labout undermines the economy.

Unless you've been here, and understand this situation, your thoughts can only be  based on assumption. It's worked very well for many years. It keeps food prices lower. Why change it? I doubt it ever will.

You're not very bright are you?

It does NOT keep food prices lower. The market will set the price based on the price created by legitimate growers who use local employees paid at a reasonable wage. So, if you're a lemon grower, your cost of production paying staff at say $20 per hour is $1.00 a lemon.

On the other hand, you employ Mexicans at $5 an hour, and the cost of your lemon is 50 cents.

The retail price of lemons is, say $2.00 a lemon.

Now, where do you make the most profit? The retail price reducing to, say $1.50? Or it remaining at $2.00. So, you SELL at the same price as the joe's running their business using American staff, and because you use illegals you make more money. Nice, eh? But then, of course, the guy doing the right thing decides he'll do the same. How many American jobs go on the fallacious premise that "Americans wont do that work"? Who did it before the illegals came along.

What these greedy farmers are REALLY saying is Americans wont do that work for 50 cents an hour, because the cost of living in America won't support such a low wage.

So you end up with farmers making larger profits, more Americans out of work, and a false market price of production that the consumer has to pay for.

Economics, 101.

Here we go. More assumptions, and I'm plain stupid. Again I ask, have you ever been to Sonoma, Boyes Springs, Napa, the Salinas valley, the Centeral coast, etc. growing regions in California? They are all legitimate growers using cheap labor. This has been going on for many many years. It absolutely keeps prices lower. It's a way of life. Now let's talk about construction jobs. They gladly take the jobs no one else will do. Like fat mericans on welfare. Promise you. You never see a homeless Latino. One more hint, they are now not all Latino. Wonder how  many illegal Canadians exist in the U.S. Let's keep this debate civil or bail out now. Ever been to California? Thought you were a tad more open minded to things you don't know about. The economy of the US is number one thanks to California. California is number 6. Do you really believe tRump will fuck with California?  These issues are not black and white.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Oberon"But your friend Dovey posts here no more. As you well know. Which, I must add, is a disappointment to us all. She is much loved here.

Have you tried saying the "truth"? That often works.[/quote

Truth hurts.

Anonymous

I have been a little too tolerant lately. I am getting soft in my old age.

This is where I will be the new dumping ground.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Smart move, right?

Well, no.

You're not very bright are you?

It does NOT keep food prices lower. The market will set the price based on the price created by legitimate growers who use local employees paid at a reasonable wage. So, if you're a lemon grower, your cost of production paying staff at say $20 per hour is $1.00 a lemon.

On the other hand, you employ Mexicans at $5 an hour, and the cost of your lemon is 50 cents.

The retail price of lemons is, say $2.00 a lemon.

Now, where do you make the most profit? The retail price reducing to, say $1.50? Or it remaining at $2.00. So, you SELL at the same price as the joe's running their business using American staff, and because you use illegals you make more money. Nice, eh? But then, of course, the guy doing the right thing decides he'll do the same. How many American jobs go on the fallacious premise that "Americans wont do that work"? Who did it before the illegals came along.

What these greedy farmers are REALLY saying is Americans wont do that work for 50 cents an hour, because the cost of living in America won't support such a low wage.

So you end up with farmers making larger profits, more Americans out of work, and a false market price of production that the consumer has to pay for.

Economics, 101.

Here we go. More assumptions, and I'm plain stupid. Again I ask, have you ever been to Sonoma, Boyes Springs, Napa, the Salinas valley, the Centeral coast, etc. growing regions in California? They are all legitimate growers using cheap labor. This has been going on for many many years. It absolutely keeps prices lower. It's a way of life. Now let's talk about construction jobs. They gladly take the jobs no one else will do. Like fat mericans on welfare. Promise you. You never see a homeless Latino. One more hint, they are now not all Latino. Wonder how  many illegal Canadians exist in the U.S. Let's keep this debate civil or bail out now. Ever been to California? Thought you were a tad more open minded to things you don't know about. The economy of the US is number one thanks to California. California is number 6. Do you really believe tRump will fuck with California?  These issues are not black and white.

Will you fuck off with the fucking assumption bullshit, you paranoid, short, ugly, skinny, braindead, kiddy diddling, cocksucking piece of human excrement.

If you either too stupid or to in denial about why everyone hates that's your fucking problem, not ours.

Herman, get this retarded asshole out of politics. He should be restricted to RR with the other mentally challenged trolls.

Truth hurts.

Anonymous

I remember Shen Li posting that she was five foot eight. RW is five foot nine. I think you said you were five foot seven. ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I remember Shen Li posting that she was five foot eight. RW is five foot nine. I think you said you were five foot seven. ac_toofunny

Ya, he's short, skinny, ugly as well as stupid.

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/78469734-33FC-4168-B278-1C855FC1FB31_zpsw1ze3rwl.gif.html">

Sounds like Herman is in the barrel wash today. Not a bad rack tho.

Aryan

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"This thread has the AIDS!!

Than we should both be screened.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/78469734-33FC-4168-B278-1C855FC1FB31_zpsw1ze3rwl.gif.html">

Sounds like Herman is in the barrel wash today. Not a bad rack tho.

Come on Herman. Having a little fun.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Herman"I remember Shen Li posting that she was five foot eight. RW is five foot nine. I think you said you were five foot seven. ac_toofunny

Ya, he's short, skinny, ugly as well as stupid.

More assumptions?

Aryan

Quote from: "SCOUSE"This thread has the AIDS!!

Than we should both be screened.

I'm gonna make this a Semen/Twenty shekels 'appreciation' thread, aka troll him to fuck.    :laugh:

Aryan

LOL Semen's idol

http://incogman.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/RICHARD-SIMMONS-JEW-FAG-XPRT.jpg">

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview