Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Fidel Castro dead.

Started by GORDY GAMBINO, November 26, 2016, 12:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Macleans > Trudeau's turn from cool to laughing stock

Terry Glavin on how Justin Trudeau's lament for the dictator Fidel Castro confirmed every lampoon of the prime minister's foreign-policy vacuity

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Ever since his election as Canada's prime minister last October, Justin Trudeau has revelled in global tributes, raves and swoons. He's the Disney prince with the trippy dance moves, the groovy Haida tattoo and the gender-balanced cabinet. He's the last best hope for globalization, the star attraction at the Pride Parades, the hero of the Paris Climate Summit, the guy everyone wants a selfie with.

Trudeau made himself synonymous with Canada. He made Canada cool again. It was fun while it lasted.

By the early hours of Saturday morning, Havana time, Trudeau was an international laughing stock.

Canada's "brand," so carefully constructed in Vogue photo essays and Economist magazine cover features, seemed to suddenly implode into a bonspiel of the vanities, with humiliating headlines streaming from the Washington Post to the Guardian, and from Huffington Post to USA Today.

It was Trudeau's maudlin panegyric on the death of Fidel Castro that kicked it off, and there is a strangely operatic quality to the sequence of events that brings us to this juncture.

Sanity and ethics  in the prog presses? Our disgrace called out for what he really is ... and by  "them"?

Naw, cannot happen. Wake me when my fantasy dream  is over
- http://www.macleans.ca/news/trudeaus-turn-from-cool-to-laughing-stock/">http://www.macleans.ca/news/trudeaus-tu ... ing-stock/">http://www.macleans.ca/news/trudeaus-turn-from-cool-to-laughing-stock/

The world laffs at us - Fk U very much,  you lowlife oppressive murderous dictator loving cretin

EDIT - Check CBC National # 1 headline story tonight for world reaction   ..... Oh, and our dear leader's best buddy was so bad that even his own   blood sister tried to bring down her murderous brother

EDIT 2 - Now Europe is awake and  reacting similarly
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

A quote from Twitter, If you praise Fidel Castro, don't expect anyone to take your criticism of Donald Trump seriously.

As for Canada having diplomatic relations with Cuba, that is hardly a reason to gush over a bloodthirsty dictator. We have relations with a lot of Middle East and African scumbucket leaders. Our pm at the time did not speak on behalf of all Canadians when Augusto Pinochet died.

RW

I'm still struggling to give a fuck over a condolence.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

Our Prime Minister is a good example of why Trump gets elected!

LOLZ!

Anonymous

Congressman Carlos Curbelo of Florida, who is the son of Cuban refugees was not nearly as generous as our detached and spoiled pm. In fact, he is disgusted by Obama's statements which are not even close to being as stupid as Justine's comments.

Meanwhile, the celebration of Castro's death continues in Miami.

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"I'm still struggling to give a fuck over a condolence.

When then I guess you can also take some solace in that it was Canadian tourism dollars that helped prop up Catro's oppressive regime for decades.

Your boy wonder's remarks are simply a continuation of the crap expressed by his old man. That kind of attitude dates back to Pierre Trudeau's shameless and very public catering to Castro, who was admired by the Canadian left because of his anti-Americanism and it has manifestsed itself in Canadians consistently leading the world in tourism to Cuba.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Wulf"

When then I guess you can also take some solace in that it was Canadian tourism dollars that helped prop up Catro's oppressive regime for decades.

Your boy wonder's remarks are simply a continuation of the crap expressed by his old man. That kind of attitude dates back to Pierre Trudeau's shameless and very public catering to Castro, who was admired by the Canadian left because of his anti-Americanism and it has manifestsed itself in Canadians consistently leading the world in tourism to Cuba.

Really? To Cuba? Would be great to think there is an alternative to CR. We're already overrun by chunky sunburned snowbirds, and it's not even December yet.

cc

Poor boy ^^

Quote from: "Wulf".... admired by the Canadian left because of his anti-Americanism. ....
Bingo.

Thanks. I am too nice to state the real reason  ac_smile

Anonymous

I've been to Cuba while Fidel held power and since he stepped down. Cuba is better off without Fidel Castro.

RW

Quote from: "Wulf"

I can understand being pissed at Canada's involvement with Cuba.  That makes sense.  What doesn't ruffle me is offering a condolence.  It's not support of Castro's actions.  It's acknowledging his death with manners.

Before you shit on me for saying this is a non-story, remember where you (vous) came from whether it's China with its human rights abuses out the ass and firing squads that kill more in a year than Castro or the US that starts bogus shit wars and nukes entire cities.  

I'll let you know when I give a fuck what those with unclean hands think about what our Prime Minister did.  Don't hold your breath.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Nobody gives a fuck if you give a fuck. It's not about you

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"Nobody gives a fuck if you give a fuck. It's not about you

No it's about Trudeau's condolence letter.  Right?

Get a grip.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Actually it's about his expressed profuse love and affection for the mad dog as evidenced in his unimaginably crappy statement at top of page 3

It's about going light years beyond what was necessary to say

It's about his stating that he speaks for Canadians

It's about most people who feel it was OK hate the US and thus have a perverted special affection for the murderous slug themselves

It's about defending the boy no matter what he does

It's about Canada being made the laughing stock  clown around the world ... many thought his speech was "a parody"

Anyhow, this has gone waaaaaaaay beyond stupid - I'm outa here

RW

It's about being a respectful leader and expressing condolence.

I'm Canadian, born and raised and I expect our leaders to have such manners.

His condolence has NOTHING to do with it being OK to hate the US nor did it express some special affection.

Defense is saying this is a non-issue?  Well, it is.  If this is all we have to bitch about, then we are fucking bored.

Laughing stock of the world?  We didn't just elect Donald fucking Trump.  

Again, get a grip.
Beware of Gaslighters!

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Our Prime Minister is a good example of why Trump gets elected!

LOLZ!

Your PM is the son of a whore.

Ron Wood from the Rolling Stones was fucking Margaret the 3 holer and the fucken pigs got hit up by her old man. Stupid is what stupid does cops bust GOD Keith Richards instead and get him in his loom with h.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE