The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Any Electricians In The House?

Started by Angry White Male, December 07, 2016, 10:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Here's the deal.  I've decided to feed some Hummingbirds that have decided to make their home around here for the Winter.

There's a bit of a cold-snap that has hit here, and temps are now consistently at or below freezing, day and night.  This creates an issue trying to keep the sugar-water from freezing.

Now, I have seen a design online that utilizes the heat from a 7 Watt night-light blub mounted underneath the feeder in an "enclosure."  This is apparently just enough to keep the feeder from freezing.

This is a very simple wiring and install job for me, but there's one thing I wonder about, since I'm not an electrician...  Since this is obviously going to be used outdoors, are there any tips or precautions I should know about?  The biggest thing I was wondering about was if it would be prudent for me to wire in some kind of in-line fuse with a trip amperage far less than the trip amperage of the fuse in my main electrical box?

My husband has a master electrician designation..

I don't know about this specifically, but I know it's an easy thing to do.

Yes honey that makes you an expert just like the rest of the fucken wankers here who know fucking everything about everything.

Easy...yes all he has to do is plug the fucken light socket in. Even a truck driver will get the hang of that.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

GORDY GAMBINO

Wif storms out Ace has been working his fingers to the bone what was he to do.

Now he is reformed the birds will be ok.

And mummys dead and left money so its all good.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Angry White Male

I'm going to get the items I need later.  I'll cobble something together that should work.  Will post pics...

RW

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm going to get the items I need later.  I'll cobble something together that should work.  Will post pics...

I can hardly contain my excitement at seeing what you've rigged up.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm going to get the items I need later.  I'll cobble something together that should work.  Will post pics...

That idiot will probably end up frying those damn birds and he'll feed them to his ex-wife as hors d'oeuvres.

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Here's the deal.  I've decided to feed some Hummingbirds that have decided to make their home around here for the Winter.

There's a bit of a cold-snap that has hit here, and temps are now consistently at or below freezing, day and night.  This creates an issue trying to keep the sugar-water from freezing.

Now, I have seen a design online that utilizes the heat from a 7 Watt night-light blub mounted underneath the feeder in an "enclosure."  This is apparently just enough to keep the feeder from freezing.

This is a very simple wiring and install job for me, but there's one thing I wonder about, since I'm not an electrician...  Since this is obviously going to be used outdoors, are there any tips or precautions I should know about?  The biggest thing I was wondering about was if it would be prudent for me to wire in some kind of in-line fuse with a trip amperage far less than the trip amperage of the fuse in my main electrical box?

My husband has a master electrician designation..

I don't know about this specifically, but I know it's an easy thing to do.

Yes honey that makes you an expert just like the rest of the fucken wankers here who know fucking everything about everything.

Fash wasn't claiming to be an expert. She said she's married to an electrical eckspurt.

kiebers

Quote from: "Wulf"

That idiot will probably end up frying those damn birds and he'll feed them to his ex-wife as hors d'oeuvres.

Damn sure can't feed them to the cat.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Wulf

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Wulf"

Damn sure can't feed them to the cat.

:laugh3:

At least the cat would have appreciated the effort.

Angry White Male

I've cobbled this together with what I could find at a local store.  Not exactly pretty, but should do the job.  Time will tell if it prevents freezing.

Plus, the cup should glow reddish/pinkish at night when plugged in.  Just in time for the Holidays.

If it's not enough to prevent freezing, I'll have to find a shorter cup to bring the bulb even closer to the feeder.

http://i68.tinypic.com/51zdax.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I've cobbled this together with what I could find at a local store.  Not exactly pretty, but should do the job.  Time will tell if it prevents freezing.

Plus, the cup should glow reddish/pinkish at night when plugged in.  Just in time for the Holidays.

If it's not enough to prevent freezing, I'll have to find a shorter cup to bring the bulb even closer to the feeder.

I think it's adorable Mel.

:laugh:

Angry White Male

I would've liked to buy stainless steel return springs, but I didn't feel like driving all over town to get some.  I doubt the birds will care...

Berry Sweet

I have one of those...its a scenty...that should do....just make sure the feeder is sheltered so theres no electrical fires and explosions twords the grid.  Hate to see a neighborhood black out...but I'd feel more for the birds...

Angry White Male

Thanks for your "Seal of Approval" Berry...  Tonight I'll be able to rest easier.

RW

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I've cobbled this together with what I could find at a local store.  Not exactly pretty, but should do the job.  Time will tell if it prevents freezing.

Well done Mel!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

The funny thing was the chick in the store wanted to know why I was needing a certain sized plastic container.  When I explained it to her, even the other female employee got in on the convo.

They were a little too old for me, but this would be a good example of something that "breaks the ice."  Women love shit like this, once they know what you're trying to do.