The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Mormonism to the EXTREME!

Started by RW, December 21, 2016, 12:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

The Mormon church has rid itself of it's most controversial things like not ordaining blacks as clergy and polygamy. There are still pockets of fundamentalist Mormonism though.

RW

Quote from: "Velvet"The Mormon church has rid itself of it's most controversial things like not ordaining blacks as clergy and polygamy. There are still pockets of fundamentalist Mormonism though.

I actually don't live that far from Bountiful where the polygamist cult hangs out.  We see the woman around on occasion.  They dress like they're Amish and are never by themselves.  They are friendly enough though.  I've never seen any of the men.

I do find it a bit concerning to know they have this revenge prayer against the US.  I understand why but think it's a little EXTREME.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Mormon people are super nice but they have super weird life styles.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Mormon people are super nice but they have super weird life styles.

That's my observation too.

RW

They can be nice to your face but they are really fucked in the head.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Twenty Dollars

The Mormans. I've spent some time in Utah, and around them. They exist throughout the west. Many existing the S.F. Bay Area. The Wasatch Mountians has the best snow skiing in the US. Better than Aspen, Sun Valley, Squaw Valley, etc. Lots of vertical drop, and the driest snow in the states. The Mormans used to say, no booze, drugs, smokes, no Coca Cola, but all the sex they can get.

RW

Sex only when married.

I've also been to Utah.  Idaho Falls has a lot of them as well.  Lots in Alberta.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Yeah Right

As I understand it, Mormons are the most generous religion, giving huge amounts of money to charity as well as going out of their way to help others with their time.

OTOH I also know that the story of Joseph Smith and the golden plates is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Yeah Right"As I understand it, Mormons are the most generous religion, giving huge amounts of money to charity as well as going out of their way to help others with their time.

OTOH I also know that the story of Joseph Smith and the golden plates is about as ridiculous as it gets.

There are a lot of them in Southern Alberta. Cardston has a temple and I think the town is still dry. Most of the Mormons down there are at least upper middle class, so they have more to donate.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Yeah Right"As I understand it, Mormons are the most generous religion, giving huge amounts of money to charity as well as going out of their way to help others with their time.

There are a lot of them in Southern Alberta. Cardston has a temple and I think it's still dry. Most of them are at least upper middle class, so they have more to donate.

Cardston sure does have a big ole temple.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

There are a lot of them in Southern Alberta. Cardston has a temple and I think the town is still dry. Most of the Mormons down there are at least upper middle class, so they have more to donate.

Cardston sure does have a big ole temple.

It cost a few bucks, that's for sure.

RW

They got a good deal on it hahaha

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/church/temples/cardston-alberta/images/cardston-alberta-808x480-CU061017-002.jpg">
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

I prefer the Salt Lake City one though:

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/church/temples/salt-lake/images/salt-lake-808x480-SLTEMPLEKIOSK2.jpg">
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Yeah Right

yes, those are beautiful buildings, :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: but I wonder if you have to put on magic underwear to go in :sad: .