Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The neverending conversation thread

Started by shin, February 06, 2017, 06:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"truckstop cook. we get the ppl too rowdy for Waffle House.... its a more of a public service than a job. like being a garbage man or a cop....

There are drunks at truck stops..

:shock:

That's scary.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "deadskinmask"truckstop cook. we get the ppl too rowdy for Waffle House.... its a more of a public service than a job. like being a garbage man or a cop....

That's scary.

lol. ain't it though....

but the truckers are usually hopped up on pills. its normally the bikers that are drunk. the problem is that 75% of our customers are breaking some law so when somebody gets belligerent, we can't really call the cops. if cops started coming around, we'd lose alot of our regs.... so its up to someone to difuse it before it becomes a real situation....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"

That's scary.

lol. ain't it though....

but the truckers are usually hopped up on pills. its normally the bikers that are drunk. the problem is that 75% of our customers are breaking some law so when somebody gets belligerent, we can't really call the cops. if cops started coming around, we'd lose alot of our regs.... so its up to someone to difuse it before it becomes a real situation....

That's a relief, truckers are only on drugs, not alcohol.

ac_unsure

It does sound like you perform an important public service deadskinmask..

You probably have lots of interesting stories too.

ac_smile

deadskinmask

That's scary.

lol. ain't it though....

ac_unsure

ac_smile

yeah. it gets pretty fuckin lively some nights. and i'm the official animal control officer so even on my days off i can get called in. if i can resolve the situation without police interference, i get $100 cash for each appearance.... during spring break, i can make an extra $1000 per week.... its a good job.... :laugh:

Anonymous

That's scary.

lol. ain't it though....

ac_unsure

ac_smile

yeah. it gets pretty fuckin lively some nights. and i'm the official animal control officer so even on my days off i can get called in. if i can resolve the situation without police interference, i get $100 cash for each appearance.... during spring break, i can make an extra $1000 per week.... its a good job.... :laugh:

Is your community a popular spring break location with a beach?

deadskinmask

we're more what you would call 'beach adjacent'.... close enough to get there in a hour or so.... but far enough away that the prices are lower.... so its a good location. lodging and restaurants are the biggest draw. plus theres lots of little tourist traps. train museums, medical museums, antique shops, shit like that....

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"we're more what you would call 'beach adjacent'.... close enough to get there in a hour or so.... but far enough away that the prices are lower.... so its a good location. lodging and restaurants are the biggest draw. plus theres lots of little tourist traps. train museums, medical museums, antique shops, shit like that....

That does sound the best of both worlds deadskinmask.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

deadskinmask

Quote from: "deadskinmask"we're more what you would call 'beach adjacent'.... close enough to get there in a hour or so.... but far enough away that the prices are lower.... so its a good location. lodging and restaurants are the biggest draw. plus theres lots of little tourist traps. train museums, medical museums, antique shops, shit like that....

i'm not a fan of sun nor sand....

and the ocean is no place for me....

i'm content to roam the land....

and rest beneath a tree....

Anonymous

My family would like a trip there, but I don't know about living there..

My husband doesn't like humidity and I would imagine it gets humid where you live?

deadskinmask

My family would like a trip there, but I don't know about living there..

My husband doesn't like humidity and I would imagine it gets humid where you live?

yeah. its humid.... i remember wearing long sleeves in the Arizona deserts. i remember wearing short sleeeves in the Alaska snow. but here even the slightest change in temperature has a dramatic effect on your comfort level....

Anonymous

Not me dsm. I take two trips a year to the Caribbean/Central America to escape the horrible Winnipeg winters. In the summer this city is infested with mosquitos. In seven years, I retire and we are moving to Panama.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Not me dsm. I take two trips a year to the Caribbean/Central America to escape the horrible Winnipeg winters. In the summer this city is infested with mosquitos. In seven years, I retire and we are moving to Panama.

my game plan is to eventually own a small ginsing farm somewhere in the appalachians.... me, a donkey and a shotgun.... nobody else except maybe a cat.... :laugh:

Anonymous

my game plan is to eventually own a small ginsing farm somewhere in the appalachians.... me, a donkey and a shotgun.... nobody else except maybe a cat.... :laugh:

You sound like Herman. He's semi retired and doing the farming thing. Too much work for me.

I hate my job and when I retire I am finished working.

Anonymous

You sound like Herman. He's semi retired and doing the farming thing. Too much work for me.

That's surprising iron horse jockey.

deadskinmask

you seem like a decent fella so i'm gonna pretend you never said that....