Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Makes Me Sick; Vince Li(Greyhound Beheader) Given Absolute Discharge

Started by Anonymous, February 10, 2017, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

If this animal doesn't take his meds and commits a violent crime the victims(including the McLean family) should be able to hold the review board criminally responsible.

QuoteThe man who killed and mutilated a man on a Greyhound bus in 2008 has been granted his freedom, his victim's mother confirmed in a Facebook post late Friday afternoon.

Will Baker, who previously went by the name Vince Li and was found not criminally responsible in 2009 in the death of Tim McLean, was granted an absolute discharge by the Criminal Code Review Board of Manitoba on Friday.

McLean's mother, Carol de Delley, confirmed the verdict on her personal social media account.

"This just in....Vince Li/Will Baker was granted an absolute discharge today by the Manitoba review board. I have no comment today. I have no words," de Delley wrote.

As opposed to a criminal court that decides guilt, the review board was tasked with deciding if Baker would pose a significant threat to the public. After hearing from Baker's treatment team and arguments from both side's lawyers, the board deemed he would not.

Baker's lawyer, Alan Libman, said Baker remains "committed to taking his medication and working with his treatment team."

"I was confident based on the evidence that was presented to them," Libman told the Winnipeg Sun on Friday. "There was no contrary point of view provided. No one who has worked with him believes he's a danger to anyone, no one who has worked with him has anything negative to say. He's been hard-working, compliant, and has done everything that's been asked of him."

Libman said he can't change the opinions of those in the public who may feel uneasy with Baker now free.

"I can't adjust that. That's just not the way we operate in a free and democratic society," Libman said. "We don't punish people who didn't intend the consequences of their actions. It's a mental health issue, not a legal one."

Libman said Baker intends to maintain residence in Winnipeg in the short term, continue his education and plans to visit his family in China in the fall.

In her summation on Monday, Crown lawyer Mary Goska argued Baker remains a threat to the public if off his medication regimen.

"We should not lose sight of what occurred because it does speak to the threat," she said. "... It's clear that he can be a danger in certain circumstances."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/02/10/baker-vince-li-given-absolute-discharge">http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/02/10/b ... -discharge">http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/02/10/baker-vince-li-given-absolute-discharge

Anonymous

We knew it was coming. He doesn't have to prove he is on his meds anymore. Isn't that special.

Bricktop

RW

Um...if this mentally ill person can go off his meds and behead someone, he needs to be institutionalised.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Um...if this mentally ill person can go off his meds and behead someone, he needs to be institutionalised.

But, the review said he will not do that.

Hey, does anyone want to fall asleep on a bus and have him sit down beside them?

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Um...if this mentally ill person can go off his meds and behead someone, he needs to be institutionalised.

But, the review said he will not do that.

Hey, does anyone want to fall asleep on a bus and have him sit down beside them?

I understand the difference between treated and untreated mental illness but the public deserves more safety than that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Public be damned, as long as this psychopath is treated with compassion and leniency.

IRISH KAM

When i first read the Title . i thought it was an Dog abuse thread .  :mad:
LIBERALISM IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN TERRORISM ! ( KAM )

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Public be damned, as long as this psychopath is treated with compassion and leniency.

What a slap in the face this is to that boy's mother.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Public be damned, as long as this psychopath is treated with compassion and leniency.

I'm not without compassion Bricktop, but the primary consideration has to be the safety of the public in my opinion..

He may stop taking his psycho tropic medication if he's not being checked on.

cc

If he has been on forced medication, the odds are in favour of him stopping them ..... seen too much of that  .... Take meds, feel better, "I don't need them now because I feel OK" .. stop ... disaster
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la mata hari"If he has been on forced medication, the odds are in favour of him stopping them ..... seen too much of that  .... Take meds, feel better, "I don't need them now because I feel OK" .. stop ... disaster

So, that's not unusual cc?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la mata hari"If he has been on forced medication, the odds are in favour of him stopping them ..... seen too much of that  .... Take meds, feel better, "I don't need them now because I feel OK" .. stop ... disaster

The inner cities are crawling with people like that.

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"

It's virtually guaranteed. Only those who understand how it all  works AND  really really want to stay OK will do so.

Because he was forced to take them it is very unlikely he will continue without force

I do know this area, mate having a boy we both love with the same illness ..... off and on meds ... several suicide tries, often because he felt he was a danger ... then finally, he scared himself so badly and he is pretty smart and "ethical" (does not want to hurt others) so he now fears not taking them. Without that, he'd not be alive today
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la mata hari"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

It's virtually guaranteed. Only those who understand how it all  works AND  really really want to stay OK will do so.

Because he was forced to take them it is very unlikely he will continue without force

I do know this area, mate having a boy with the same illness ..... off and on meds ... several suicide tries, often because he felt he was a danger ... then finally, he scared himself so badly and he is pretty smart and "ethical" (does not want to hurt others) so he now fears not taking them. Without that, he'd not be alive today

Oh my cc, that's terrible..

And I am sorry your step son's condition.

:sad: