The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 11 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"Thanks kiebers, but I meant are micro stills sold to private hones or can only licensed establishments own them and the public can go there to make their own alcohol?

No they cannot go to them and make their own. They would have to buy it and take it home. Unless they go commercial and get approved for all the licenses and permits needed to operate a distillery. I would imagine countries have slightly different laws and regulations regarding homemade spirits....
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Thanks kiebers, but I meant are micro stills sold to private hones or can only licensed establishments own them and the public can go there to make their own alcohol?

No they cannot go to them and make their own. They would have to buy it and take it home. Unless they go commercial and get approved for all the licenses and permits needed to operate a distillery. I would imagine countries have slightly different laws and regulations regarding homemade spirits....

So, if I understand you correctly, in Texas, anyone can buy a micro still and make their own alcohol at home....they can't sell it though.

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"

So, if I understand you correctly, in Texas, anyone can buy a micro still and make their own alcohol at home....they can't sell it though.

I believe so. I know we can make wine (my dad made some amazing wine) but never looked into a still.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Frood

Moonshining or making your own liquor on the quiet is generally illegal in most western nations but they turn a blind eye if it's small scale or in the case of Australia, they turn a blind eye to a number of things happening or possessed in the private home until they have reason to bust in for an unrelated reason, and pad out the charge count with spurious accusations of illegality or sinister motives.

Countertop stills or micro stills are just miniature versions of industrial stills with some level of automation but not completely. They require some know how and attention over the course of a few days to a week. Cane sugar is often used. Large amounts. The finished product can be rather harsh and concentrated, so it's often mixed with rum, whiskey, whatever essences and watered down to approximately 80 proof (which makes quite a few extra bottles of booze).

The more artisan distillers sometimes go the traditional route and barrel their output to make authentic drops.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Why do they use sugar?

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Why do they use sugar?

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/14712093-how-to-make-sugar-shine">https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/ ... ugar-shine">https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/14712093-how-to-make-sugar-shine
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Why do they use sugar?

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/14712093-how-to-make-sugar-shine">https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/ ... ugar-shine">https://www.clawhammersupply.com/blogs/moonshine-still-blog/14712093-how-to-make-sugar-shine

Do you usually make or buy your own shine?

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I buy it, now that its legal lol. I've never made my own, but Im literally 30 mins from the moonshine capital of the world, Franklin County, VA, and usually knew somebody lol. Legal stuff aint as strong, but that Blue Flame was close lol. Make ya go Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!  :laugh:

Anonymous

I buy it, now that its legal lol. I've never made my own, but Im literally 30 mins from the moonshine capital of the world, Franklin County, VA, and usually knew somebody lol. Legal stuff aint as strong, but that Blue Flame was close lol. Make ya go Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!  :laugh:

In my drinking days I drank some home made stuff. It got me drunk, but it was nasty. :yuk:

Blazor

In my drinking days I drank some home made stuff. It got me drunk, but it was nasty. :yuk:

For sure aint flavorful, like drinking gasoline  :laugh:

Others had to be 100% alcohol  :laugh:

Stuff Granny Clampett put her in her gas tank!

Anonymous

So, you didn't enjoy it?

Blazor

So, you didn't enjoy it?

At that young age, I enjoyed it for the buzz, but I did not enjoy the taste lol.

Blazor

Well I can type with my cut pointy finger now lol.

My brother is in town this week!

Last night I had to wait on the lady, and went to a local brewery for one beer. Was SO glad I did, because I wasnt expecting to walk in on a 16 member fiddle and banjo jam band! I had such a good time. Had to leave, so I told them bye, and they said I couldnt leave, I had to stay for one more song, that I would like it, and that I had to sing lolol. So, with the slight buzz I had, I said why not lol. They mostly played bluegrass, but the last one I sang too was Elvis, I cant help falling in love with you, lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Well I can type with my cut pointy finger now lol.

Last night I had to wait on the lady, and went to a local brewery for one beer. Was SO glad I did, because I wasnt expecting to walk in on a 16 member fiddle and banjo jam band! I had such a good time. Had to leave, so I told them bye, and they said I couldnt leave, I had to stay for one more song, that I would like it, and that I had to sing lolol. So, with the slight buzz I had, I said why not lol. They mostly played bluegrass, but the last one I sang too was Elvis, I cant help falling in love with you, lol.

What happened to your finger Blazor?

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"Well I can type with my cut pointy finger now lol.

What happened to your finger Blazor?

I thought I posted about it in the cooking thread lol. I almost sliced off the tip last week chopping lettuce. Sliced a quarter inch into it, and part of that was the fingernail.