The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 06, 2024, 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor post_id=504911 time=1688185024 user_id=2221
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=504896 time=1688175492 user_id=3389

A 4 day weekend? It's one day only for me. I get Monday off in lieu of Canada Day(July 1).

Normally would jus be off for the 4th, but they asked if I wanted off Monday too, and since Im switching jobs, and had vacation days still, I said sure lol  ac_dance

Speaking of, they trying to counter offer me lol.

When is your last day at ur current job?

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=504991 time=1688261532 user_id=3389
Quote from: Blazor post_id=504911 time=1688185024 user_id=2221

Normally would jus be off for the 4th, but they asked if I wanted off Monday too, and since Im switching jobs, and had vacation days still, I said sure lol  ac_dance

Speaking of, they trying to counter offer me lol.

Suppose to be this Friday lol. But they begging lol. Suppose to have a tentative start date of the 11th at the new place, but I havent heard anything since the background check and drug test started. Should be good though. Gonna inquire on Wednesday if I havent heard by then. I "might" do some part time graphics for my current place at a higher rate, might, lulz. They begging lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor post_id=504999 time=1688264369 user_id=2221

Suppose to be this Friday lol. But they begging lol. Suppose to have a tentative start date of the 11th at the new place, but I havent heard anything since the background check and drug test started. Should be good though. Gonna inquire on Wednesday if I havent heard by then. I "might" do some part time graphics for my current place at a higher rate, might, lulz. They begging lol.

Woo hoo to higher income.

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=504950 time=1688222392 user_id=2221
Quote from: DKG post_id=504938 time=1688216696 user_id=3390

Too little too late. He or she should have shown they value you as an employee years ago. They took advantage of you. I have very little respect for employers who do not appreciate valuable employees. They deserve to lose them.

Seems to be what all my family and friends saying too, took advantage of me for too long. I kept taking on more and more work, but no additional pay.

They also old school, and dont realize modern times require modern pay.

They don't appreciate a good employee.

Herman

Quote from: Blazor post_id=504999 time=1688264369 user_id=2221

A drug test? Why? We used them on the drilling and service rigs, but that is saftey sensitive work. Printing aint safety sensitive work.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505034 time=1688336655 user_id=3396
A drug test? Why? We used them on the drilling and service, but that is saftey sensitive work. Printing aint safety sensitive work.

The US is absolutely brutal with employment drug tests.  It all started with the 1987 Conrail train crash, where the crew was found to be impaired by marijuana, and their government at the time gave employers quite a bit of freedom to implement testing.

Canada takes a more liberal approach, where there typically has to be a good reason to subject an individual to a drug test, as a balance to align with our privacy laws.

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505035 time=1688337335 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=505034 time=1688336655 user_id=3396
A drug test? Why? We used them on the drilling and service rigs, but that is saftey sensitive work. Printing aint safety sensitive work.

The US is absolutely brutal with employment drug tests.  It all started with the 1987 Conrail train crash, where the crew was found to be impaired by marijuana.

Canada takes a more liberal approach, where there typically has to be a good reason to subject an individual to a drug test, as a balance to align with our privacy laws.

Ya, I know. When I worked in Pennsylvania the upstream patch had random testing. We do not do that in Canada's oilpatch. There has to be an incident before they send you for a piss test.

Herman

I still don't get why somebody not doing safety sensitive work needs drug screening period.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505038 time=1688337587 user_id=3396
Ya, I know. When I worked in Pennsylvania the upstream patch had random testing. We do not do that in Canada's oilpatch. There has to be an incident before they send you for a piss test.

Correct.  Random testing here would violate privacy laws.  I'd either have to show signs of impairment, or create an incident that could question my sobriety, before they'd implement a test.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505039 time=1688337641 user_id=3396
I still don't get why somebody not doing safety sensitive work needs drug screening period.

Simply because they can.  Perhaps they believe it can filter out the riff raff.  But, with marijuana becoming legalized in more and more places, I can see this becoming an issue for some...

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505040 time=1688337732 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=505038 time=1688337587 user_id=3396

Correct.  Random testing here would violate privacy laws.  I'd either have to show signs of impairment, or create an incident that could question my sobriety, before they'd implement a test.

In my old industry, there is usually an injury and the entire crew except the toolpush incluing contractors have to piss.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505043 time=1688337943 user_id=3396
In my old industry, there is usually an injury and the entire crew except the toolpush incluing contractors have to piss.

Yep.  Yet when I trucked into the States, I'd have to follow their rules, which meant that when I was sitting home here on my couple of days off between runs, I'd get random calls every now and then directing me to a local lab so I can go piss in a plastic container.

The 1987 train crash caused all that, and they went full out hysterical with drug testing.

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505047 time=1688338400 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=505043 time=1688337943 user_id=3396

Yep.  Yet when I trucked into the States, I'd have to follow their rules, which meant that when I was sitting home here on my couple of days off between runs, I'd get random calls every now and then directing me to a local lab so I can go piss in a plastic container.

The 1987 train crash caused all that, and they went full out hysterical with drug testing.

Jesus H, no wonder it's all ragheads doing long haul.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Herman post_id=505048 time=1688338581 user_id=3396

Yep.  Between piss tests and border hassles, many good Canadian drivers often prefer to stay on the Canadian side, and just let the ragheads spend two days in Los Angeles getting loaded for free, since it all pays by the mile, and a piss test on their day off back home here to top things off.

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505059 time=1688339394 user_id=3397
Quote from: Herman post_id=505048 time=1688338581 user_id=3396

Yep.  Between piss tests and border hassles, many good Canadian drivers often prefer to stay on the Canadian side, and just let the ragheads spend two days in Los Angeles getting loaded for free, since it all pays by the mile, and a piss test on their day off back home here.

I think turbans are the uniform at TransX.