News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Would someone explain to me why we promote sexism?

Started by Bricktop, April 01, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

"PP is now a women's only sanctuary

As of today the private area everyone is talking about has been changed to a ladies only area. It was my suggestion to Fash to do this. It is nothing the men have done but it is something that we believe needed to be done for the ladies. It is NOT because of any member or arguments that may be going on at this time. I fully support this change and I trust that the rest of the guys that just got kicked out will do the same. If you want to complain about it take it to RR, but the change is done and that's it. Yes I was kicked out too......."

Firstly, RR is NOT the place for reasonable discussion. It is a place for threads and posts that are beyond the bounds of reasonable dialogue and conduct.

Secondly, does this mean that the females in this forum advocate sexual discrimination?

And finally...if there is to be a section specifically for women, then it is only fair and reasonable to have one for men.

It would be nice, kiebers, that instead of being a fucking panel demagogue, you MIGHT consider entering into discussion on initiatives such as this before you make an asshole of yourself.

kiebers

Quote from: "Bricktop"
It would be nice, kiebers, that instead of being a fucking panel demagogue, you MIGHT consider entering into discussion on initiatives such as this before you make an asshole of yourself.

Since I hold no value at all what so ever in your opinions, I see no need to discuss my reasons for any of my decisions with you. I don't answer to you. I discuss them with the forum owner when needed, and do not require your input. There was a discussion with the ones that mattered and that was all that was needed.  

Oh and careful how you respond. I might move it to RR.... :laugh3:  :laugh3:

Meh....I will just copy it. That way your precious thread is still on the main board. Now lets hear you cry about the copy.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Secondly, does this mean that the females in this forum advocate sexual discrimination?

And finally...if there is to be a section specifically for women, then it is only fair and reasonable to have one for men.

It doesnt matter to me since I was never in there, but here is my opinion on the whole thing, and this is simply coming from the new guy to the board, though Im not a noob in the least. Some forums do have a female only section. Totally fine. Its their safety zone, kinda like when women run to the restroom to talk, though those days have scaled down since its just as easy now for them to text across the table. So when it gets you down, just think of that zone as the bathroom  :laugh:

In fairness, I see why there is a zone in the first place. A lot of immature fuckers have ruined things for them, so they feel they cant be themselves around certain men. This isnt just here, its all over the place. And its getting worse. Feminism is on the rise. Sure its a lil sexist, but I see how it gets to that point. I will say its not fair for that side to totally discriminate against all men. Man hate has been on the rise lately too. The scary part is they feel entitled even more than the blacks or whites, and openly hate. Shit, I just realized I went off from "this board" to abroad lol. So back to this board, I see how it became that way, and its ok. We will miss some of y'all's humor and such simply cause we wont be able to see it. Whatever. Have fun. No ill from me on the matter.

I do agree, as I was thinking the same as I started to read you post, that there should be a guy section as well. It'll be like the garage, where the guys go and have a beer and talk about women, trucks, and how big our shit was this morning  :laugh:  Women wont have to see it. Be a win win. We wont see what they dont want us to see, and they wont see what they dont want to see. Then there may be a common ground on the main board where we can all get along lol  ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
I do agree, as I was thinking the same as I started to read you post, that there should be a guy section as well. It'll be like the garage, where the guys go and have a beer and talk about women, trucks, and how big our shit was this morning  :laugh:  Women wont have to see it. Be a win win. We wont see what they dont want us to see, and they wont see what they dont want to see. Then there may be a common ground on the main board where we can all get along lol  ac_drinks

Pick a name.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

I'd rather see PP be dissolved than pull more conversation from the board.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Blazor, PP is not a hopping forum by any stretch.  It sees the occasional discussion, usually about a poster's personal life.  We all still post regularly on the board so you aren't missing anything.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Pick a name.

:laugh:

I honestly was only humoring lol. But if there were one, I think The Garage was an ok name lol. Or The Man Cave. The Turd Temple lol? The Barnyard Bar (I use to think of naming my own forum Blazors Barnyard lol). The Gentlemen's Club. Hmmm, I could think of more lol  :laugh:

RW

Just so I have it on record, making space that takes more conversation away from the board is a bad idea.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"Blazor, PP is not a hopping forum by any stretch.  It sees the occasional discussion, usually about a poster's personal life.  We all still post regularly on the board so you aren't missing anything.

Oh I figured. I dont mind even. Not even against it or for it. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there on the discussion  ac_smile

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"Just so I have it on record, making space that takes more conversation away from the board is a bad idea.

I can agree with this  ac_drinks

But I also think its only fair for those guys that feel if there is a womens area, there should be one for the men too. If not, and a womens area stays, there is unfair treatment in their mind. Would you not agree with this as well  ac_smile

RW

Question: Do the woman of this board do something to the men of this board that would warrant a private section?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

I have no idea honestly, just wanted to say how I see both sides  ac_smile

Twenty Dollars

Since I hold no value at all what so ever in your opinions, I see no need to discuss my reasons for any of my decisions with you. I don't answer to you. I discuss them with the forum owner when needed, and do not require your input. There was a discussion with the ones that mattered and that was all that was needed.  

Oh and careful how you respond. I might move it to RR.... :laugh3:  :laugh3:

Meh....I will just copy it. That way your precious thread is still on the main board. Now lets hear you cry about the copy.

Don't see where he responded, and you still moved it. Maybe you're just having a bad day?

Bricktop

Since I hold no value at all what so ever in your opinions, I see no need to discuss my reasons for any of my decisions with you.

Don't you just wish that were true, Grizzly Adams?

But that's just you trying to mask the fact that YOU do "value" my opinions. Or, more to the point, feel provoked when I raise yet another reason you're an appalling moderator who has no business here.

As you've just demonstrated by your purported indifference to the views of the members here. You DO realise that Miss Malevolent was one of the reasons CJ's died, don't you, buckaroo?

Members concerns at the manner in which this forum operates is very much your concern, and that of the proprietor. Ignore them at your peril.

I see absolutely NO reason for a gender division in this forum. If females are uncomfortable discussing "issues" around males here, then this forum is entirely the wrong place for any such discussion in the first place. This is not a forum for discussing sexual matters. The only other reason that a "girls only" area would be required is if they discuss the male members behind their backs. That would be disappointing.

Yet again, you demonstrate your utter inability to moderate a forum in the best interests of ALL members. And if Fashionista was behind this very stupid initiative, she too should think about the consequences of dividing the forum further.

RW

I find myself agreeing with you while wanting to slap you at the same time.

YOU see no reason for it but can't even take one minute to think beyond yourself as to why it would exist.  YOU don't see an issue, therefore one must not exist.  That to me is an utterly ridiculous fail in logic and reasoning.

I agree with you about the promotion of chatter on the main board and I agree that we don't need segregation.  No one requested the segregation in PP.  We were all told it happened and no one said anything otherwise.  I think mostly because no fucks were really given as the sub isn't a hot bed of chatter.  If someone has an issue he/she wishes to discuss with people who aren't trolls and won't use his/her PI as trolling fodder, that has been the place to do it.  There are some posters who do use it as a sanctuary for purposes that have nothing to do with the forum as well.

As I've already stated, I see more value in creating subforums that promote posting like arts or humour.  The trouble is, flappy gums like yours have advocated to not have those subforums as "we have too many".  Maybe you can justify THAT rationale while we're on the subject of getting posters creating threads and talking.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview