Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I pissed the damn bed again...

Started by Angry White Male, May 30, 2017, 10:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Conclusion, an insufficient number of handbrakes were applied to hold a train that length on such a grade. One irresponsible person has the blood of forty seven people on his hands.

On 1.2 per cent grade and with the size of train he had, he should have had 34 hand brakes applied. He really cut corners.

And that is it right there. Two fucking handbrakes on 72 loaded cars on a grade? That's nuts, besides being a dismissable offense.  

Engine trouble, paperwork on the load? Yeah, that really explains why cars rolled on a grade. I'm  surprised Blurt didn't blame Lac Megantic on cancelling switching bonuses. The train rolled because not nearly enough handbrakes were applied to hold it in place. I'm not surprised Blurt would want to blame anyone and anything except the person who didn't do their job. Lazy people usually stick together.

Thomas Harding should have been charged with 47 counts of manslaughter.

Angry White Male

I'm starting to understand what led to this now, as I read the technical aspects...

Locomotives do NOT have a mechanical failsafe, unlike my work truck.  They rely solely on air for everything, unless the operator actually goes to each car and manually applies the brakes mechanically.

Angry White Male

The very old trucks and trailers would do the same thing too...  Drop a trailer, and after a few days or so, even with a well sealed system, eventually the air pressure would get low enough and the fucking thing would roll away.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I'm starting to understand what led to this now, as I read the technical aspects...

Locomotives do NOT have a mechanical failsafe, unlike my work truck.  They rely solely on air for everything, unless the operator actually goes to each car and manually applies the brakes mechanically.

We have a failsafe brake system on our power.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"We have a failsafe brake system on our power.

Yes, but it still requires air.

This is why commercial vehicles eventually changed to the system they run now, which is two air lines, which is necessary for a truly mechanical failsafe that doesn't rely on only air pressure...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"We have a failsafe brake system on our power.

Yes, but it still requires air.

This is why commercial vehicles eventually changed to the system they run now, which is two air lines, which is necessary for a truly mechanical failsafe that doesn't rely on only air pressure...

We have an automatic braking system that immediately applies the brakes as a backup.

Angry White Male

Let's be honest...  If I detached the lead line on a parked train, or even if I didn't, and crawled under and opened every tank drain valve, what would happen?

Honestly, trains are using the same system now that commercial vehicles used many decades ago!

Blurt

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Conclusion, an insufficient number of handbrakes were applied to hold a train that length on such a grade. One irresponsible person has the blood of forty seven people on his hands.

On 1.2 per cent grade and with the size of train he had, he should have had 34 hand brakes applied. He really cut corners.

And that is it right there. Two fucking handbrakes on 72 loaded cars on a grade? That's nuts, besides being a dismissable offense.  

Engine trouble, paperwork on the load? Yeah, that really explains why cars rolled on a grade. I'm  surprised Blurt didn't blame Lac Megantic on cancelling switching bonuses. The train rolled because not nearly enough handbrakes were applied to hold it in place. I'm not surprised Blurt would want to blame anyone and anything except the person who didn't do their job. Lazy people usually stick together.

Yes, yes, Shen... you and the Jock are better than the know-nothings at the Transportation Safety Board.

Why? Well, because you've got some grease under your fingernail, there.

Idiot.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

Yes, yes, Shen... you and the Jock are better than the know-nothings at the Transportation Safety Board.

Why? Well, because you've got some grease under your fingernail, there.

Idiot.

Hey, don't get snippy because you didn't understand what you were posted.

Blurt, if you left your standard car downward on a hill without the emergency brake on and the tires turned toward the curb and it rolled who's fault would it be if it rolled down the hill and ran someone over? You can blame the car maker because there was a recall on a faulty airbag. You can blame the oil change shop that didn't inflate your tires to the right psi. But, they have nothing to do with the real reason your car rolled down the hill and hit someone and that is you did not use best practices methods and apply your emergency brake and turn your wheel to the left.

As I showed you from CROR rules, not nearly enough brakes were applied to a hold a train of that size and weight to hold it on a grade. Had the hog head done that, the world would never have heard of Lac Megantic.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"When I drank I never bragged when I had an accident.

I am of a different breed...

I come from a place which you may not be familiar with!

I come from a place from which you may not understand!

You pissed the bed...  I pissed the bed.  Shit, Gordy even shit the bed!

You know, I hide who I am enough during "regular" life's hours and duties.  We all do.  For work, in public, etc...  We are often on our somewhat best behaviour.

That's why I still post on these forums...  Here, I don't have to care, and that's what originally made DV (the original one) the diamond that it once was...

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Hey, don't get snippy because you didn't understand what you were posted.

Blurt, if you left your standard car downward on a hill without the emergency brake on and the tires turned toward the curb and it rolled who's fault would it be if it rolled down the hill and ran someone over? You can blame the car maker because there was a recall on a faulty airbag. You can blame the oil change shop that didn't inflate your tires to the right psi. But, they have nothing to do with the real reason your car rolled down the hill and hit someone and that is you did not use best practices methods and apply your emergency brake and turn your wheel to the left.

As I showed you from CROR rules, not nearly enough brakes were applied to a hold a train of that size and weight to hold it on a grade. Had the hog head done that, the world would never have heard of Lac Megantic.

Blurt's copy and paste did everything, but explain why loaded cars rolled down a semi steep grade. A classic case of a little information being worse than none at all. Thomas Harding is being charged with criminal negligence causing death because he was negligent in the number of handbrakes he applied which cause the cars to roll.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Hey, don't get snippy because you didn't understand what you were posted.

Yes, now that I understand how locomotive air-brake system works, I concur...  The lack of manual rail car brake applications contributed.

The perceived reliance on air pressure is OK, until his engine quit after he left the engine for the night.  The engine was fucked...  it died.  AFTER he left.  No more air.

We can all asume that things will be as we left them...  Engine died.  Air pressure done.  Will eventually leak out.  Train rolls.

However, what is the protocol for applying manual mechanical brakes?  When this accident happened, it didn't appear there was one.  Every car?  Every second car?

GORDY GAMBINO

No me no shit bed.

I met a shiela who was a man who did

He poo poo in hotel bed with her in it

I asked her was it a double meaning room size and she went on to describe the shit
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Berry Sweet

GORDY GAMBINO

Ace you got a mention to her. As a bed pisser.

whahahaha
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE