Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I pissed the damn bed again...

Started by Angry White Male, May 30, 2017, 10:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"Ace you got a mention to her. As a bed pisser.

whahahaha

So, are you gay? Are you fooling around with Seoul?

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"ac_boring

How are you littles sweet arse ac_wub  :6:
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Angry White Male

Iron, ignore them...

What would have been the protocol for manual brake settings at that time?

Berry Sweet

My ankles hurt today.  But I got a beer and hot water bottle on my ankles  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:   Good day today!  And you?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"My ankles hurt today.

Wear out your feet walking to the Wellie office?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Iron, ignore them...

What would have been the protocol for manual brake settings at that time?

I don't care if Gordy and Seoul are gay.

For the number of cars and the grade of Lac Megantic, 34 brakes on the cars, not including on the power would be required to prevent a roll. The hog head only climbed up on the platforms of two tankers and turned a handbrake.

I have left cars attached and detached from power on a mainline when I'm houred out and the Hallcon cab comes to pick up me and the conductor without quite enough handbrakes. But it was never on a grade, they weren't loaded and it was enough to hold it for that short time.

Angry White Male

I know the transportation industry quite well...

It was perhaps a bit of bad judgement, laziness, but no ill desire to harm...

And it was a single operator train, right?

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey".

I just wanted to mention I do advertising for a train air brake manufacturer lol. Other train parts too are made by the same company. You might like some of the work I've done and prolly seen it.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blurt

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Hey, don't get snippy because you didn't understand what you were posted.

Blurt, if you left your standard car downward on a hill without the emergency brake on and the tires turned toward the curb and it rolled who's fault would it be if it rolled down the hill and ran someone over? You can blame the car maker because there was a recall on a faulty airbag. You can blame the oil change shop that didn't inflate your tires to the right psi. But, they have nothing to do with the real reason your car rolled down the hill and hit someone and that is you did not use best practices methods and apply your emergency brake and turn your wheel to the left.

As I showed you from CROR rules, not nearly enough brakes were applied to a hold a train of that size and weight to hold it on a grade. Had the hog head done that, the world would never have heard of Lac Megantic.

Sorry, Jock, but I did understand what I posted.

It's you and Shen who didn't (and that's the difficulty with engineers... they're so focused on the details that they can't see the big picture).

The the train rolled downhill because of negligence is not at issue. Read the TSB again: insufficient brake force was applied.

The real issue, the one that concerns me (and that leads me to think that the train in Sherbrooke is an accident waiting to happen) is that the appropriately deceased MMA Railway company had a lousy track record (no pun intended) when it came to safety and the training of its personnel. That's the issue, not that some employee was poorly trained, overworked, and engaged in unsafe practices, just like you admit doing, Jock, in the post above.

When tragedy strikes, it's way too easy to blame an employee for cutting corners instead of the corner-cutting company he works for and from which he received his training.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"

It's you and Shen who didn't (and that's the difficulty with engineers... they're so focused on the details that they can't see the big picture).

The the train rolled downhill because of negligence is not at issue. Read the TSB again: insufficient brake force was applied.

The real issue, the one that concerns me (and that leads me to think that the train in Sherbrooke is an accident waiting to happen) is that the appropriately deceased MMA Railway company had a lousy track record (no pun intended) when it came to safety and the training of its personnel. That's the issue, not that some employee was poorly trained, overworked, and engaged in unsafe practices, just like you admit doing, Jock, in the post above.

When tragedy strikes, it's way too easy to blame an employee for cutting corners instead of the corner-cutting company he works for and from which he received his training.

There was insufficient braking power because he didn't apply a sufficient number of handbrakes as per the rules regarding grade and weight as IHJ showed you. He set two handbrakes on the cars when he should have had 34. If he had taken the time to apply the brakes, the people killed in Lac Megantic would be alive today.

He violated the rules and his training which is why the train rolled away and why he was charged with criminal negligence causing death.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I know the transportation industry quite well...

You live on a good bus route?  Alcoholics like you should be taking the bus!  Gold star!

Renee

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"When I drank I never bragged when I had an accident.

I am of a different breed...

I come from a place which you may not be familiar with!

I come from a place from which you may not understand!

You pissed the bed...  I pissed the bed.  Shit, Gordy even shit the bed!

You know, I hide who I am enough during "regular" life's hours and duties.  We all do.  For work, in public, etc...  We are often on our somewhat best behaviour.

That's why I still post on these forums...  Here, I don't have to care, and that's what originally made DV (the original one) the diamond that it once was...

Yes, yes and you were the world's best MOD back then and that's what made DV so great..... :laugh3:

Sorry I just had to get that out in the open before you said it for the 80 billionth time.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

All training for employees at both class 1 railways is dictated by Transport Canada. They do the same with training for short liners like MMA too, but it's shorter(no pun intended) because they don't have things like block signals, scanners, and automatic switches for example. Often they may get one train a week on any given subdivision which means few if any sidings and no backtracks. They even tie down on the mainline which is unheard of with class 1 railways except on turkey trails.

Thomas Harding had the same training that I got with CP. He was actually a former hog head with CN who was dismissed for safety violations. But, like I said, what good is training and rules if an employee want use or follow it. If he was too tired, why didn't he tell his trainmaster to help him tie down the legally required number of cars?  The company didn't engage in unsafe working practices by breaking rules, Harding did just like he did at CN.

As for their

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

There was insufficient braking power because he didn't apply a sufficient number of handbrakes as per the rules regarding grade and weight as IHJ showed you. He set two handbrakes on the cars when he should have had 34. If he had taken the time to apply the brakes, the people killed in Lac Megantic would be alive today.

He violated the rules and his training which is why the train rolled away and why he was charged with criminal negligence causing death.

The handbrake requirements in CROR are more than what is required to prevent rolling. About 20 cars tied down would have been enough to prevent the Lac Megantic tragedy. Handbrakes are lot better now than when I was a conductor. Heck, some cars even have torque indicators.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"I have no words..... :oeudC:

I think I can help;

Scum. Loser. Wino. Retard. Lowlife. Troglodyte. Pig. Subhuman. Unrefined. Coarse. Slimebag.

Help yourself. They all seem to fit. None seem truly adequate to really convey how much of a scabrous turd he really is though.

Maybe some new ones.

Pisserman. Bottlesucker. Grimedweller. Vinegarboy. Filthspreader.