Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Victoria (BC) Pride Parade July...

Started by Angry White Male, June 18, 2017, 06:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Just wanted to make sure certain members here are aware of the July date for the next Victoria (BC) poofter parade:

QuoteVictoria Pride Week empowers those who are - or think they may be - lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirited, intersex, and all friends and allies to celebrate learning and empowerment throughout the week-long festival. The annual parade and festival will be held on Sunday, July 9, 2017. Victoria Pride Festival is a family inclusive event.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Just wanted to make sure certain members here are aware of the July date for the next Victoria (BC) poofter parade:

QuoteVictoria Pride Week empowers those who are - or think they may be - lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirited, intersex, and all friends and allies to celebrate learning and empowerment throughout the week-long festival. The annual parade and festival will be held on Sunday, July 9, 2017. Victoria Pride Festival is a family inclusive event.

How thoughtful of you.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"How thoughtful of you.

Thank you.

A poster here, who shall remain nameless, recently moved there.  It must be hard moving to a new city alone.

I figured at an event like this, he may be able to connect with some like-minded individuals.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How thoughtful of you.

Thank you.

A poster here, who shall remain nameless, recently moved there.  It must be hard moving to a new city alone.

I figured at an event like this, he may be able to connect with some like-minded individuals.

I'm sure that nameless poster appreciates it.

Angry White Male

Blurt

Thanks for the thought, Mel, but the only time I ever participated in a parade--and I only did so once--was back in 2008 when I acted as informal photographer for local politicians over the course of the event.

I'm not a big fan of parades. Any parades. I'll sideline for a spell if I happen to be at one, but I make no special move to attend them.

Parades are for people who think there's still something to celebrate in this world.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Thought the suggestion might get you out and about in a new city!

Blurt

Oh, I've been out and about in the city for a while now, Mel.

Remember, I had to look for work when I first got here. That gets you out and about, trust me.

But, again, thanks for keeping my well-being in mind.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Angry White Male

Always!

You know Mimi lives on the Island too?  Parksville or some dump up North there...

Blurt

I do.

Just as I know you live in Langley, or some such dump on the Lower Mainland.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Always!

You know Mimi lives on the Island too?  Parksville or some dump up North there...

I love Campbell River.

Blurt

I've been up the Island before but never farther north than the Nanaimo - Port Alberni - Tofino line.

One day, I'll head up to visit both Mimi and Oscar.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"I've been up the Island before but never farther north than the Nanaimo - Port Alberni - Tofino line.

One day, I'll head up to visit both Mimi and Oscar.

The North of the island is spectacular.

Blurt

So I hear.

But traipsing up and down and all around the Alberta-BC border is hard to beat as far as "spectacular" goes.

Still, I need to get my butt further up the Island; I want ocean salt to cling to my lips.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"So I hear.

But traipsing up and down and all around the Alberta-BC border is hard to beat as far as "spectacular" goes.

I agree, it's fantastic too. The Northern half of Van island is a different type of spectacular.