Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I didn't think Canada was third world?

Started by Angry White Male, June 19, 2017, 07:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"Medicines for withdrawal

Medicines most often used to treat withdrawal symptoms during detoxification include:

Antianxiety medicines (benzodiazepines such as diazepam), which treat withdrawal symptoms such as delirium tremens (DTs).

Medicines for recovery

Medicines used to help you stay sober during recovery include:

Disulfiram (Antabuse), which makes you sick to your stomach when you drink.

Naltrexone (ReVia, Vivitrol), which interferes with the pleasure you get from drinking.

Acamprosate (Campral), which may reduce your craving for alcohol.

Topiramate (Topamax), which may help treat alcohol problems.

Vitamins and supplements

Alcohol abuse can cause your body to become low in certain vitamins and minerals, especially thiamine (vitamin B1). You might need to take thiamine supplements to improve your nutrition during recovery. Thiamine helps prevent Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome, which causes brain damage.

You also might need supplements to help replace fluids and electrolytes.

Seizure medicines to reduce or stop severe withdrawal symptoms during detoxification.[/b]

Source: http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/alcohol-abuse-and-dependence-medications">http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addi ... edications">http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/alcohol-abuse-and-dependence-medications

Very good post weebles..

We have a poster here who was like Mel at one time, but Mel won't listen to him..

I'm not sure iron horse jockey used medication to become sober or not..

But, he became sober before it was too late.

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Weebles, I will converse with you, but only on one condition...  No more Cut & Paste...  A link will suffice.

LOL you know how I Roll on the Forums :001_tongue:  can't help it but will tell you this if you are loking for a place to take your car or bikr for a Rip head up to Hwy 99 up the Fraser Canyon once you get past Whistler  their is not much traffic and it is blast  taking a sports car up through twsitys 2-lane repaved roads.

Nothing like a V-8 resonating off the canyon walls banging through the gears plus the Fraser canyon up at Hells Gate is pretty awseome to see with all the runoff right now and you get out ahead before it gets all touristy.

Heck through a tent and some basic camping gear and stay up at one of the provincal campgrounds for $20 or $22 bucks a night for spot plus they sell bundles of firewood there and drive around the sites for $7 bucks or 3 for $20 no need to bring your own.

So grab a Cabela's folding camp chair, a Tent,  Coleman cooler a case of beer, a nice Steak to cook on a open fire and some bacon, eggs and bread to toast on a coleman camp stove the next morning.

It make one heck of  cheap weekend road trip getaway lots of nice cars and bikes and their owners  to make small talk with along they way as well.

Just do it before the long weekend coming up though it is cheap fun and beats sitting around the Fraser Valley in heatwave this weekend and you get a decent choice in campsite lots and it is not too crazy and still relaxing and not  crowded since it is still before school(s) lets out and it turns into a Zoo at the campsites.

I have never seen the countryside out  there. I go up to Muskoka for water sports in the summer. It's pretty good, but the traffic going up and back towards Toronto is ridiculous.

Berry Sweet

I have some coronas in my fridge..imma crack one open...Mel, let me take your bike for a spin!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I have some coronas in my fridge..imma crack one open...Mel, let me take your bike for a spin!

You would probably wreck my Harley, and since you don't have a Class 6 license, you crashing it would then not be covered by ICBC.

I said the exact same thing to my buddy when he asked to take it for a spin around the block!

Berry Sweet

Yeah but you love me Mel, so it doesnt matter.

Angry White Male

Too risky!  Sorry babes!  Have you ever even ridden a motorcycle?

Berry Sweet

Im kidding...ive never driven one but ive been a passenger on few...most guys ive been with drive like maniacs and i feared for my life.  I could never actually go on another bike again unless im driving it.

Angry White Male

My cycle has a solo seat and no passenger pegs, so I couldn't take a passenger for a ride if I wanted to!

My last bike was passenger capable, and I did take a few people for a ride (including an obese land whale that leaned so hard to the wrong side, that I almost lost control)!

Note to self...  Never take a land whale for a ride...  They can cause serious injury or death when their fatness leans the wrong way!

Fucking fat people cause nothing but trouble for society.