The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

One Dead in Virginia

Started by RW, August 12, 2017, 04:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Why did they pull the permit?  Well they didn't really, they just changed the location on the permit because the crowd was too big and public safety was a concern.  The Unite the Right organizer, Kessler, said he would seek legal recourse rather than move the rally.  So he held it knowing it was a safety concern, but he went ahead with his legal violation and planned to challenge any legal action he'd receive under the First Amendment.

The city wanted it moved so the police could better handle the situation should it get out of hand.  The Unite the Right group refused to do that.  In that, are you then surprised when things happened exactly as they were predicted by officials?  Why is it on them when they tried to remedy the situation with a location change that was ignored?

To paint it like the cops hung the white supremacists out to dry is disingenuous.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Blazor"The guy had a mental health history, came from Ohio. This guy did wrong, yet the whole white crowd was shamed. Why was the BLM crowd not shamed for showing up and instigating, especially since the white crowd had permit to protest, and BLM did not. Not one word of that.

BLM isn't innocent by any stretch.  They need to be viewed and treated the same as these supremacist thugs - same shit, different colour.  We shouldn't have time for any of them.

I was reading a first hand account of what went down, as the "dont pull down the statue" crowd was walking up to the area, they were already confronted before they got up there. BLMs was throwing bags of poop, balloons filled with paint and piss, bottles of water at them. So of course as any Southerner would do, they stood up for themselves. This would have been a peaceful protest had ANTIFA not showed up.

Another thing I noticed, the "dont pull down the statue" crowd had hand made signs, the BLM crowd had professional signs, a lot the same signs. Someone bussed these fuckers in and handed out signs (Soros).
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"No wonder police would not help the whites, they pulled the permit right before the event, which allowed for the counter protestors to fight the whites and the police not interfere!

I don't think it's a racial thing with the police because I saw videos of police protecting whites too.

I seriously can't believe soneone in the US was killed by a neonazi over a statue in this day and age.  That's FUCKED UP.

They were too afraid of being sued by the BLM group. They were told to stand down. They helped where they could, but when shit broke out they backed up from the area, saying "its too dangerous".

I have no idea what led that guy up to doing what he done, it was wrong for sure.

Blazor

Quote from: "cc"
QuoteNo wonder police would not help the whites, they pulled the permit right before the event, which allowed for the counter protestors to fight the whites and the police not interfere!

Apparently that is the case. Pullling it at the last moment served no purpose other than to protect those who gave the permit initially. Videos show cops backing off and allowing attacks.

Further, the city / state were unforgivably negligent it not supplying many more cops initially when violence was an obvious "given"

No matter the above, and no matter that both sides were scum, the car attack is an event all of its own. It was wilful murder to kill MANY. Miraculous that more were not killed because clearly he set out to kill as many as possible

I agree, it was to protect themselves from backlash. The governor is known Left, Hilary supporter, was a board member of Clinton Foundation I believe too. Rumor is hes running for president in 2020. Hes bad news.

I also agree the car attack was an event all of its own.

RW

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Blazor"The guy had a mental health history, came from Ohio. This guy did wrong, yet the whole white crowd was shamed. Why was the BLM crowd not shamed for showing up and instigating, especially since the white crowd had permit to protest, and BLM did not. Not one word of that.

BLM isn't innocent by any stretch.  They need to be viewed and treated the same as these supremacist thugs - same shit, different colour.  We shouldn't have time for any of them.

I was reading a first hand account of what went down, as the "dont pull down the statue" crowd was walking up to the area, they were already confronted before they got up there. BLMs was throwing bags of poop, balloons filled with paint and piss, bottles of water at them. So of course as any Southerner would do, they stood up for themselves. This would have been a peaceful protest had ANTIFA not showed up.

Another thing I noticed, the "dont pull down the statue" crowd had hand made signs, the BLM crowd had professional signs, a lot the same signs. Someone bussed these fuckers in and handed out signs (Soros).

They are a protesting movement.  Of course they have properly made up placards.  You don't need much money to make them.  I have a vinyl cutter and some corrugated plastic (super cheap) and can make pro looking signs in minutes.  That aside, sign shops will make them for cheap as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Blazor"No wonder police would not help the whites, they pulled the permit right before the event, which allowed for the counter protestors to fight the whites and the police not interfere!

I don't think it's a racial thing with the police because I saw videos of police protecting whites too.

I seriously can't believe soneone in the US was killed by a neonazi over a statue in this day and age.  That's FUCKED UP.

They were too afraid of being sued by the BLM group. They were told to stand down. They helped where they could, but when shit broke out they backed up from the area, saying "its too dangerous".

I have no idea what led that guy up to doing what he done, it was wrong for sure.

As is procedure, I'm sure they got the heck out of there and it had nothing to do with getting sued.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

Quote from: "RW"Why did they pull the permit?  Well they didn't really, they just changed the location on the permit because the crowd was too big and public safety was a concern.  The Unite the Right organizer, Kessler, said he would seek legal recourse rather than move the rally.  So he held it knowing it was a safety concern, but he went ahead with his legal violation and planned to challenge any legal action he'd receive under the First Amendment.

The city wanted it moved so the police could better handle the situation should it get out of hand.  The Unite the Right group refused to do that.  In that, are you then surprised when things happened exactly as they were predicted by officials?  Why is it on them when they tried to remedy the situation with a location change that was ignored?

To paint it like the cops hung the white supremacists out to dry is disingenuous.

They did pull the permit, they wanted to change location but in the end, they realized there would still be protests at both parks and limit cops ability even further. Interestingly, BLM did have permits, for two neighboring parks. There were not made to move, nor were their permits pulled.

RW

Quote from: "RW"Why did they pull the permit?  Well they didn't really, they just changed the location on the permit because the crowd was too big and public safety was a concern.  The Unite the Right organizer, Kessler, said he would seek legal recourse rather than move the rally.  So he held it knowing it was a safety concern, but he went ahead with his legal violation and planned to challenge any legal action he'd receive under the First Amendment.

They did pull the permit, they wanted to change location but in the end, they realized there would still be protests at both parks and limit cops ability even further. Interestingly, BLM did have permits, for two neighboring parks. There were not made to move, nor were their permits pulled.

The permit was "pulled" because they wanted it in a better location due to the number of participants.  So the BLM folks also had permits.  Sounds like they breached the terms of their permits though.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Blazor

The permit was "pulled" because they wanted it in a better location due to the number of participants.  So the BLM folks also had permits.  Sounds like they breached the terms of their permits though.

They did want it moved, to put distance in between them and BLM, not for numbers really. The statue was at the park, I can see why they wanted it there.

I thought this was a good read of someone that was there....

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?522547-What-I-saw-yesterday-in-Charlottesville">http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthre ... ottesville">http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?522547-What-I-saw-yesterday-in-Charlottesville

Anonymous

I know longer believe it was a terror attack now that I'm getting details.

RW

Quote from: "cc"Lots of stupid people make stupid happen

Stupid nazis have a protest.

Stupid anti-protesters make it a big story instead of letting it go down as a non-event as it deserved to be

Stupid car driver (murderer) mows down people

Stupid defined many times today

I've been thinking about this post because I objected to the premise that the other side was culpable but I think it was only in the context of the mowing people down, which you are right about it being a separate issue.  Both sides were stupid and both sides caused this clash.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

As is usually the case in any human conflict.

Aryan

A guy runs over people and all "Nazis" are evil and need to die. Muslim runs over people and not ALL Muslims are bad.....

Lefty logic in all it's glory.  :001_rolleyes:

RW

Quote from: "SCOUSE"A guy runs over people and all "Nazis" are evil and need to die. Muslim runs over people and not ALL Muslims are bad.....

Lefty logic in all it's glory.  :001_rolleyes:

I don't think all those nazis are evil.  I don't blame any of the other nazi protesters for what that murdered did to those people.

But I did already think white supremacists are fucktards.  I say that understanding your concerns though.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop