Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Vancouver, Canada is one of the most traffically congested cities in the world

Started by JOE, October 01, 2017, 07:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Look you two...  RW may remember all the highrises built and cranes building in Burnaby during her last visit.

I often work on these buildings.  They are concrete, and are fairly expensive to own.

Every unit is often pre-sold to a Chink that does NOT live here, and is NOT a Canadian citizen.

Trust me when I say, Chinks have overtaken this city.  The numbers lie to you...

Angry White Male

In fact, entire highrises are pre-sold to offshore Chinks!

And there is one highrise after another.

Yet, not one local owner...

Angry White Male

Pappa lives in Hong Kong, while the wife and kids leech of our system, paying ZERO in taxes, driving around in expensive German cars that they do not know how to operate.

RW

Foreign ownership is an issue Van worked to address with that property tax they implemented because it's skewing density numbers.  Places sit empty, aren't rented out because of strata rules, etc.  Business come in based on surrounding population density then don't see the expected traffic because no one lives in these properties.

Meanwhile, major (affordable) housing crisis in Van.

Poor planning all around IMHO.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Pappa lives in Hong Kong, while the wife and kids leech of our system, paying ZERO in taxes, driving around in expensive German cars that they do not know how to operate.

We have sales tax.  They pay tax.

It's fine if they live here because they spend here.  It's buying property that sits empty that's the problem.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Angry White Male

They do NOT pay tax, should they utilize loopholes, such as incorporating a business that buys said property.

This is one of the reasons that I applaud Trudeau's tax reforms, which doesn't affect my business AT ALL!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Look you two...  RW may remember all the highrises built and cranes building in Burnaby during her last visit.

I often work on these buildings.  They are concrete, and are fairly expensive to own.

Every unit is often pre-sold to a Chink that does NOT live here, and is NOT a Canadian citizen.

Trust me when I say, Chinks have overtaken this city.  The numbers lie to you...

Nobody trusts you.

China was 4th in 2016 for immigrants to Canada. The Philippines was first, India second and Syria third.

http://canadaimmigrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Immigrants-country-2016-600x365.png">

RW

A couple of things...

1. You don't need to immigrate to buy property here.

2. Statistics for all of Canada will not necessarily reflect on the population of Chinese immigrants in Vancouver.
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "SCOUSE"Sounds like Vancouver has sold out to Globalism, just like London and many other cities around the world.  Liberals will tell you it's 'progress' and cosmopolitan cities are all part and parcel of living in the 21st century, when in reality, it just means less and less white people.

I have told you already that Vancouver was less than 50% white since at least 2011.  It also routinely ranks as one of the most livable cities in the world.

Its not livable...thats just bs.

This city is ridiculous.  The infrastructure is useless.  Have you seen the peak hours of traffic???  

They need to stop packing everyone in sardine tin high rises at their cubical jobs in Vancouver alone...they need to start branching out their offices and employees to Delta or Langely where there is more room and it should ease out the traffic...not much but it would be less of a parade.

There are also tonnes of streets that are in desperate need of repair, they are crumbling, falling apart and pot holes everywhere....but instead they keep ripping up roads that are fine or have previously been paved 6 months or a year ago, all over again???? This I can not comprehend???  Why?? For Gods sakes...the main road where I live has been ripped up and repaved 3 years in a row!!  There was ZERO need to do this!!!

Actually you're right berry. I noticed when I was walking downtown how closely the buildings are now. All these high rises shut all the sunlight out at street level. So it's quite possible that if u lived there as a shut in or old person, yad never get any sunlight all day long in parts of the city. I've been in other cities where the buildings are just as tall or taller. Yet they don't block the sunlight out like that. And you're right-it's a sign of bad city planning. It's a case of developers and politicians lining their pockets laughing all the way to to the bank creating this nightmare ugh city of the future. Then the dolts will finally wake up in ten years and realize the nightmare they've created. It already is a mess but it'll only get worse.

Our fuckhead mayor wants to knock down the Georgia viaduct without offering any alternate new highways. I believe the provincial and federal governments said no because its an escape route for emergencies and fires. That's the kind of politicians we have. Greedy son of a bitches who neglect our safety for the sake of profits.

JOE

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"Look you two...  RW may remember all the highrises built and cranes building in Burnaby during her last visit.

Nobody trusts you.

China was 4th in 2016 for immigrants to Canada. The Philippines was first, India second and Syria third.

http://canadaimmigrants.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Immigrants-country-2016-600x365.png">

Still way too many people coming in from far too few nations.

No nation should get more than 5% quota. The top 4 on that list get preferential treatment. And I sure resent Syrian refugees getting all this help when our own citizens don't get any. It's really disheartening to see all these 60 year old homeless White bag lady's walking around the city while refugees walk in our government institutions and banks, get preferential treatment and they demand and expect it as an entitlement. We don't owe them anything. Refugees status shouldn't be an automatic path to citizenship. They should have to wait 10 years to get it and be forced to live in a shithole like Winnipeg, Regina or Fort Mac. Yet they get to live in the posh neighborhoods of Vancouver while they suck the resources which should be allocated to Our Canadian born citizens. This is what I see in Vancouver in a day by day basis.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"A couple of things...

2. Statistics for all of Canada will not necessarily reflect on the population of Chinese immigrants in Vancouver.

2.In 2011, 30.7% of the Chinese immigrants resided in British Columbia; most of them (159,200 or 95%) lived in the Greater Vancouver Area..

But, there will not be more Chinese in Vancouver than NYC in two years as Mel says.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"A couple of things...

2.In 2011, 30.7% of the Chinese immigrants resided in British Columbia; most of them (159,200 or 95%) lived in the Greater Vancouver Area..

But, there will not be more Chinese in Vancouver than NYC in two years as Mel says.

I knew that as well but Mel doesn't get a lot right so I ignore a lot of that.  He's abusively wrong a lot of the time.
Beware of Gaslighters!

JOE

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "RW"If you compared them as a percentage of the city population, Vancouver would win by far.

Of course we would.

We are 50% Chink here.

Fash doesn't want to hear that, for some odd reason.

Yknow S'mel, I got the Playboy issue that featured its first Asian playmate, China Lee:

http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/u/t/utag231228r32g1u.jpg?djet1p5k">

She was imho, the first and best looking Asian girl featured in Playboy or any men's magazine.

So there's beauty in just about any race.

Try ta look beyond the masses, man.

Anonymous

^^I'll wager you  have quite a collection of Playboy magazines.  The pages are all stuck together.

JOE

Quote from: "seoulbro"^^I'll wager you  have quite a collection of Playboy magazines.  The pages are all stuck together.

Not at all Seoul!

I keep em in sterling condition along with my vintage comic book collection, eh?

I got Dr Strange an Ant Man 1 valued at $2000 each, bud

Bunch of D.C. Comics from the 1940s too

One day I hope to get the first 20 years of Playboy issues.

Still gotta ways to go, eh?