Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Protester getting his bong back

Started by Harry, September 17, 2017, 06:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
We tell him to share a chapter or two of books he chooses for school book reports.

Great idea, wish I had thought of that lol. Then he woulda read 'em over a period of time instead of the night before the report was due  :laugh:

:laugh:

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I prefer oil in my pen.  Doesn't smell and helps me sleep.  Great way to end my night after reading 2 chapters to Lo before hitting the sack.

How old is too old to be reading to a kid?

Once they can start reading on their own.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Harry"https://www.therecord.com/news-story/7558924-protester-getting-his-bong-back/">//https://www.therecord.com/news-story/7558924-protester-getting-his-bong-back/

">
KITCHENER — Mission accomplished.

For several weeks, Jeffrey Shaver has been protesting in his underwear or thong, saying Waterloo Regional Police wrongfully arrested him for possession of marijuana.

He says they seized his bong and a small amount of pot and demanded they be returned.

On Friday, the Cambridge man said the possession charge has now been dropped and he'll be getting his bong and pot back.

"The action of the Crown on this marijuana case has been completely unreasonable," Shaver, 31, said via Messenger. "There should have been no need to continue (protesting) for such a long time."

Shaver said he has a medical marijuana card and presented it to police but was still arrested.

Earlier this week, he was charged with public nudity after he wore only a thong outside the Kitchener courthouse. He gained fame late last month when The Record reported on and photographed his courthouse protest in which he wore Speedo-style underwear.

The arrest in which his stash and bong were seized happened at Cambridge Memorial Hospital.

"I was having a panic attack and I was brought there and I had an issue with the vending machine and I was charged with trespassing and causing a disturbance by yelling," he said. "They asked me to leave. Police arrested me and searched me."

What a douche! I wonder if his Mommy and Daddy are proud of him.  :laugh: I hope I never see my sons do this ever.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I prefer oil in my pen.  Doesn't smell and helps me sleep.  Great way to end my night after reading 2 chapters to Lo before hitting the sack.

Your child is never too old to be read to.  If nothing else, it's bonding and time with your child and that counts for A LOT.

I don't agree. Once they can read, I let them read on their own.

Now that they are adults, I will read something to them if I want to such as a good article or inspiration but not at bed time. No more bedtime stories for adult sons. However, if there is something I'd like to read to them before they sleep because I'd like them to think of it before they fall asleep, sure, I'd read it but it is not meant to be a bedtime story, just something to ponder on.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"

The idea is to encourage an interest in them to read on their own..

There is no set age in my opinion.

13 .............16........18 ????

I have read to seniors GORDY.

I haven't done this yet but I see this in my future.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

There was no way that I would not expose my children to the best children's books of the time. I enjoyed reading to them immensely at bed time. Like my elders did for me when I was little, I too read the classics to my sons. Each time we went to the children's bookstore, I'd go to the rack where the books that won the Caldecott Medal were displayed. I wanted a book that won the Caldecott Medal because that meant it was a book that was selected as most distinguished American picture book for children. That's what I wanted! Only the best for my little ones. Favorites were:

Where the Wild Things Are

The Snowy Day

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Make Way for Ducklings

The Polar Express

Tuesday

Owl Moon

Good Night Moon

Runaway Bunny

Corduroy

Love You Forever (This is a tearjerker.)

Guess How Much I Love You

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

On the Day You Were Born

Most of the Dr. Seuss collection

Aesop's Fables

Grimm's Fairy Tales

Mother Goose Rhymes

I Love You to the Moon and Back

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Mama Do You Love Me

Owl Babies

Madeline

If You Give A Mouse A Muffin

Barnyard Dance

Curious George

Babar

Tikki Tikki Tembo

Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?

D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths

The Story of Ferdinand

The Berenstain Bears books

Can't You Sleep Little Bear?

Beatrix Potter stories

I think I got them all but I'm sure I missed some.

On road trips, they would listen to the audio books as narrated by Jim Weiss and they were:

Abraham Lincoln

Masters of the Renaissance: Michelangelo, Leonardo DaVinci and more...

Galileo and the Stargazers

Stories from the Bible

King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

Egyptian Treasures

Arabian Nights

American Tall Tales

Best Loved Stories

Sherlock Holmes

Tales from the Old Testament

Fairytale Favorites

Celtic Treasures

The Three Musketeers

Tales from Cultures Far and Near

Greek Myths

Treasure Island

Heroes in Mythology

Rip Van Winkle/Gulliver's Travels

Shakespeare for Children

Animal Tales

It seems like much, right? Not really. I simply wanted to give my children what was given to me too. I wanted them to know what I know. During this time of reading to them and listening to the audio books brought out the child in me. I enjoyed all these stories myself and I loved telling it to my sons and watch them be amazed at the stories.

Here is a link to Jim Weiss's collection. My children are adults now so Jim Weiss must have developed more stories. I recommend it highly for long road trips or even for listening while at home.

http://www.jimweiss.com/">http://www.jimweiss.com/
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

Your child is never too old to be read to.  If nothing else, it's bonding and time with your child and that counts for A LOT.

Now that they are adults, I will read something to them if I want to such as a good article or inspiration but not at bed time. No more bedtime stories for adult sons. However, if there is something I'd like to read to them before they sleep because I'd like them to think of it before they fall asleep, sure, I'd read it but it is not meant to be a bedtime story, just something to ponder on.

I agree too, but the rationale for reading to children who can read is to encourage them to read on their own.

RW

Agree or not, activities that involve bonding with children, including reading, are proven to strengthen family relationships, decrease anxiety, and provide calm and relaxation.
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

I agree too, but the rationale for reading to children who can read is to encourage them to read on their own.

Of course, Fash. I can't think of any parent I know who wouldn't want that for their children.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Of course, Fash. I can't think of any parent I know who wouldn't want that for their children.

Most definitely.