News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

How often do you vacation? Where do like to go?

Started by Superchecker, October 24, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"That's

But drive in camping is still a lot of fun, tbh I enjoy drive in more than backpacking since it's always easier and more relaxing, and you can always bring in tons of wonderful food to bbq, lol.

That's what we do Zetsu..

We have an rv.

RV have always been one of my favorites, just makes camping so much better at a whole new level imo.  I've been so obsessed with them I've even considered retiring in one when I was a in high school, living in an RV and parking next to hotspots with free wifi.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Sadly what you say is very true, the current government in Hong Kong is just another lap dog of the mainland Chinese government, but it's too late, nor could they prevent it from the beginning.  It might not be wise for the locals to keep protesting against the mainland and both governments, considering there's many options for CCP to screw Hongkong over and over again and crush them like bugs when they're in the mood to do so.

I want Taiwan to formalize our independence from China by changing our name from the Republic of China to Republic of Taiawan..

You just gave a good reason why one country, two systems is a joke.

I agree too, it's strange but I notice most Asian countries do tend to strive better in smaller states, I mean just look at how corrupt CCP is when compared to the economic success and business of Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"

Backpack camping is always cool, I remember going a few times with my brother and his friends but we always bring too much people and there's always a lagger or uneven distribution of stuff we have to carry, and someone would always complain, lol.

Thats one of the reasons I go by myself so often  :laugh:

Less people and less complainers, plus less to carry  :thumbup:

Yea, think next time I should go with no more than 1 tent of ppl.  I remember we had like a dozen campers and it felt like a rat race, lol.  Some where whining why his sister has a better backpack and argued to trade, the another one was passing out, and my brother the one that was in the army had to carry all the heavy stuff for the whole group, lol.

Anonymous

Sadly what you say is very true, the current government in Hong Kong is just another lap dog of the mainland Chinese government, but it's too late, nor could they prevent it from the beginning.  It might not be wise for the locals to keep protesting against the mainland and both governments, considering there's many options for CCP to screw Hongkong over and over again and crush them like bugs when they're in the mood to do so.

I want Taiwan to formalize our independence from China by changing our name from the Republic of China to Republic of Taiawan..

You just gave a good reason why one country, two systems is a joke.

I agree too, it's strange but I notice most Asian countries do tend to strive better in smaller states, I mean just look at how corrupt CCP is when compared to the economic success and business of Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore.

It's harder to govern a big country.

Blazor

RV have always been one of my favorites, just makes camping so much better at a whole new level imo.  I've been so obsessed with them I've even considered retiring in one when I was a in high school, living in an RV and parking next to hotspots with free wifi.  ac_cool

You, me, my son and my aunt have also thought of this lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

You, me, my son and my aunt have also thought of this lol.

Do you want to buy an rv Blazor?

Superchecker

FYI: most hotels in Las Vegas tack on an additional nightly resort fee of between $25 and $50 per night.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"FYI: most hotels in Las Vegas tack on an additional nightly resort fee of between $25 and $50 per night.

Is that every night or only weekends, stat holidays and conventions?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Superchecker"FYI: most hotels in Las Vegas tack on an additional nightly resort fee of between $25 and $50 per night.

Its every night. Different hotels charge different rates.

Bally's was $35 a night a year ago.
<t></t>

Superchecker

Google Vegas nightly resort fee
<t></t>

Anonymous

A resort fee is a daily mandatory additional charge that the hotel separates out from the advertised price. Consumer advocates equate this to paying a second room rate.[4] The average resort fee costs $24.93 per day.[5][6]

A resort fee is collected separately from the advertised room rate. A guest may pay in advance with a credit card for a room online. There he is paying the advertised room rate and all necessary taxes. This guest may assume that is the final price of the hotel. When the guest arrives at a hotel with a resort fee, he will be forced to pay the additional resort fee for his entire stay at the front desk when he checks in.

Sometimes this concept as referred to as drip pricing.[7] One price is advertised out front to lure in a customer but when the customer goes to book there are then mandatory unavoidable fees, taxes and other add-ons that incrementally drip and increase the original advertised price.

The resort fee can be more than the advertised cost of the room.[1]

There is no limit to what the resort fee can be. Two hotels in Florida have resort fees of over $100 per day

Benefit to hotels[edit]

The major benefit to the hotels is the profit. Resort fees brought in $2.47 billion to the hotel industry in 2015.[15]

As trends in how consumers book hotels changed, hotels attempted to recoup losses from customers who did not book directly with the hotel. Online hotel search and booking tools like Expedia, Travelocity and Hotel Tonight took a percentage of a reservation and then passed the reservation on to the hotel.[16]

Expedia owns Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Trivago.[17] Priceline owns Booking.com.[18] That means that most search tools that potential customers of US based hotels use one of these companies. All the companies do not have the resort fee included in the price listed when they are search by price.[19]

A hotel loses a certain percentage from every reservation made on one of the sites. Hotels that charge resort fees but are listed on these hotel search and booking sites list only their advertised rate and not their resort fee. That is because the hotel booking site takes a percentage of that advertised rate. When the hotel collects the resort fee at check in, separately from the rate purchased for online, the hotel collects 100% of that profit.

Anonymous

I don't remember that when were at the Monte Carlo two years ago.

We booked through lasvegas.com

Superchecker

Quote from: "Herman"

http://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas-resort-fees-2017-guide/">http://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas- ... 017-guide/">http://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas-resort-fees-2017-guide/ lists Monte Carlo at $30-35.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

http://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas-resort-fees-2017-guide/">http://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas- ... 017-guide/">http://www.lasvegasjaunt.com/las-vegas-resort-fees-2017-guide/ lists Monte Carlo at $30-35.

But, we didn't book through them. And it was a couple of years ago.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Superchecker"

But, we didn't book through them. And it was a couple of years ago.

Maybe you visited before they brought in the fees.
<t></t>