News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

How often do you vacation? Where do like to go?

Started by Superchecker, October 24, 2017, 06:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Superchecker

The Mrs and I try to get away at least 2 times a year, if not more.

We love Las Vegas, and love road trips around BC.

We are not campers, and prefer real hotels or stay with friends.

We enjoyed our first UK adventure back in May!
<t></t>

cc

Pretty much done all the driving and travel we need to do  ... what with living and working in all corners of the USA (Ohio, Florida, Hollywood,  Bellingham) ... Filippines (Manilla & Clark Base for 4 yrs)  ... Canada ( Ontario, Alberta, ...  and now West Coast BC)  .. .Lived in Victoria in between.

After living in all those places, and Ontario Mom has passed on a cpl of years ago .. so  don't ever need nor want to see an airport and especially the inside of a plane again .. Phew!! .. Love driving, detest flying.

Also travelled throughout Europe and spent long time in UK and Guernsey.

When in Ontario, lots of East and South Coast trips, long Nashville stays, Carolinas, New Orleans, many stops throughout the entire US

Not gamblers at all, nor show types, so have done Vegas only twice reluctantly for major annual Business Conventions  when it was their year.

Could sound like travellers, but actually don't visiting places ... but, really liked living and working in some great places  

Currently do short / medium trips a lot, BC & WA .. Been everywhere we ever wanted to be, so no inclination to go distance again.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Superchecker

Quote from: "cc"Pretty much done all the driving and travel we need to do  ... what with living and working in all corners of the USA (Ohio, Florida, Hollywood,  Bellingham) ... Filippines (Manilla & Clark Base for 4 yrs)  ... Canada ( Ontario, Alberta, ...  and now West Coast BC)  .. .Lived in Victoria in between.

After living in all those places, and Ontario Mom has passed on a cpl of years ago .. so  don't ever need nor want to see an airport and especially the inside of a plane again .. Phew!! .. Love driving, detest flying.

Also travelled throughout Europe and spent long time in UK and Guernsey.

When in Ontario, lots of East and South Coast trips, long Nashville stays, Carolinas, New Orleans, many stops throughout the entire US

Not gamblers at all, nor show types, so have done Vegas only twice reluctantly for major annual Business Conventions  when it was their year.

Currently do short / medium trips a lot, BC & WA .. Been everywhere we ever wanted to be, so no inclination to go distance again.

Cool! We've been up to Prince George a dozen times, and into the Okanagan a few times. Whistler 3 times, Victoria 4 or 5 times, Fanny Bay too.
<t></t>

kiebers

We don't go to a lot of places to be honest. We will go to the river for a week, but then the rest of the time any days off are normally tacked on to a weekend and we spend it on the coast doing a lot of fishing.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

Not been far north in BC, but pretty much covered all the south of it driving to and from then living in towns for 2 - 3 months projects .. all over S BC  .. Victoria, Vancouver, Kamloops. Fairmont,  Castlegar, Qualicum, Fernie, Cranbrook,  and everywhere in between.

S Alberta also .. Lived in Lethbridge and did projects in Calgary, Edmonton, Cardston, Medicine Hat, lower Slave area,  etc  .. Alberta was a while back

We did many projects all along Gulf Coast of Florida way back. Loved it there

Staying on projects in motor home always in different towns was wonderful at the time ... being part of meeting different people and seeing different ways of life.  Not "vacation" folk, but loved to live in many places for a few months. Content here now except for short runs.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

I dont normally get to take vacations. I've only been to the beach 3 times. Amusement parks maybe 3 times. But I do make sure I go camping a time or two a year, and once a year I take a personal vacation and backpack up into the mountains solo.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Superchecker

Quote from: "Blazor"I dont normally get to take vacations. I've only been to the beach 3 times. Amusement parks maybe 3 times. But I do make sure I go camping a time or two a year, and once a year I take a personal vacation and backpack up into the mountains solo.

So, like you have zero interest in cruises? Or Las Vegas?
<t></t>

Blazor

Quote from: "Superchecker"
So, like you have zero interest in cruises? Or Las Vegas?

More like dont have the money  :laugh:

My last vacation back in May was to my brothers in Seattle, that was real nice. He got married but I stayed for a week before the event. I havent really traveled much, but given the chance I prolly would.

Anonymous

I like these kind of threads Superchecker.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

We go camping in our rv two to four times per summer..

Usually in South East BC, Northern Idaho, Eastern Washington, and South West Alberta..

I'm from Taiwan and I have been back several times..

I've also been to other countries in East Asia..

We've been to Disneyland in California..

My husband has relatives in the Netherlands we've visited..

We lived in Kazakhstan for one year and we took sides trips to Moscow and Saint Petersburg..

I would like to visit Jersualem..

Maybe some islands in Thailand, Philippines and the South Pacific too.

Anonymous

I take two vacations every winter. I've been to Mexico many times, Cuba, Florida too many times to count, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Bahamas, Panama and Costa Rica..

I've gone back to Korea several times and included trips to Japan. I've been to Thailand too.

I would like to go to Brazil and the Southern part of South America(Argentina, Uruguay and Chile).

Zetsu

Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

Most of the time I travel one time per year on average, usually I just go back to Hong Kong for a few months for work and visiting, and sometimes fly to other near by places.

Do you like warm tropical beach destinations Zetsu?

Anonymous

My wife and I have been to the Caribbean, Central America and Southern Mexico more times than I can count. This year it will be Panama where we will live when I retire in six and a half years.

Blazor

Quote from: "Zetsu"Any where there's no one is a location I'd love to go, probably Antarctica would be a nice place.  

You would love it where I backpack to. So peaceful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

You would love it where I backpack to. So peaceful.

It looked peaceful. More wildlife would be nice .