Replies: 8488
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 09:56:20 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I'm thinking of a country to visit...

Started by Bricktop, November 19, 2017, 07:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Up to the late 18th century, the Australian aborigine had not evolved or developed to a degree comparable with Bronze Age Europe. Even African and South American tribes had evolved further, with some form of agriculture, construction and technologies.

The Australian aborigine is a primitive nomadic outpost of civilisation.

They are the same as the people of Papua New Guinea?

Bricktop

No. The PNG people are pacific islanders, like Vanuata, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia and Fiji, amongst others.

The Australian aborigine is a splinter group from the Indian ethnic group that moved from India to Australia millenia ago when the lands were joined.

Different ethnicity all round.  

The aborigines, however, refuse to accept this scientifically established origin, claiming they were always and only part of Australia.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. The PNG people are pacific islanders, like Vanuata, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia and Fiji, amongst others.

The Australian aborigine is a splinter group from the Indian ethnic group that moved from India to Australia millenia ago when the lands were joined.

The aborigines, however, refuse to accept this scientifically established origin, claiming they were always and only part of Australia.

I didn't know that Bricktop, thank you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"No. The PNG people are pacific islanders, like Vanuata, Solomon Islands, New Caledonia and Fiji, amongst others.

I worked in PNG. They are a really backward bunch.

Bricktop

Yep.

That's not in the "Possible" list. Vanuatu was nice, though.

C'mon Herman, you've been around. Any suggestions?

I should mention some exclusions;

Islamic countries.

Arab countries.

America.

UK.

South East Asia.

Canada.

...and probably North Korea.

Oriental Noodle

Vacationing depends on what you desire.  Understand that it's now Winter in the Northern hemisphere...

Oriental Noodle

Myself?  Las Vegas is a good destination this time of year, as it won't be too hot.  Yes, I know Australia can get hot, but the Mohave Desert can get brutal.

It's not for everyone though...  I like to smoke and drink whenever I want, and wherever I want, and Vegas offers me this and more!

If you've never been, it's worth a trip, if you were wanting to visit the US.  Renting a car or truck will let you explore the desert and some ghost towns.

DON'T bother visiting Canada.  I'm not joking here...  We have NOTHING to offer that the US cannot do better, and our prices are higher.  That's why the US has 10 times the population that we do.

Bricktop

The US and Canada are on the exclusion list!!!

Oriental Noodle

When I was debating where to vacation, Cairo had come to mind.  Europe (Western) did also.

St. Helena would be a trip, literally.

Argentina also came up as an interesting choice, as there's towns there that are literally German (and thus nice, clean and safe).

Bricktop

Cairo is muslim. Nope. And...I've been there.

Argie sounds like it might be worth a look though.

Aryan

Bricktop

Yeah, Prague looks nice too...Cancun...might not suit someone of, er...more maturity.

Thing is Europe is such a pain in the arse to get to. And I've been there. Thinking of somewhere new, but not so touristy...thats why Taiwan has an appeal. The Chinese are great hosts.

Aryan

Just go to Benidorm like most other English folks!

Oriental Noodle

Argentina definitely requires a closer look.

Now, there are some "rare, exotic" places that I briefly considered also, but understand that they may not understand you.  There are still some places where people just do NOT speak even basic English, and this could present a problem for the traveler...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The US and Canada are on the exclusion list!!!

I think Taiwan is a good choice.