Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

BitCoin has now crested $12,000 USD.

Started by Angry White Male, December 06, 2017, 02:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"People who bought in early at pennies or dollars lucked out.

People who bought it early for a few dollars, are now kicking themselves when they all sold when it hit $100, or $1,000...

Frood

I was in around the 200-400 mark to use for buying stuff overseas. Now I look at that stuff and want to laugh and cry.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

THAT'S why you can never look back!  How many people held?  Not many!

Frood

Wasn't about holding back then. It was about the concept and ease of use for transferring.

Though I did hold some after the fact.

I'd rather mine it than buy it anyway. I get a coins worth every couple of years. Not bad for 500 bucks.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Velvet does bring an interesting point I'd like to touch on, even though she may be unclear about how this exactly works...

There is a reason I'm loading up now...  You see, it has been attempted to bring crypto's into the "regular" stock market before, but regulators have shut  down the attempts due to the unstable nature of this "currency."

THIS may be changing, and if it does, what will happen is you'll now open this up to a WIDE base of investors with much wealth, that may have only been used to the old-school trading style of calling up their broker, and making a buy or sell.

If this market has easier access, the value will only rise.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Wasn't about holding back then.

Maybe not for you...  The Winklevoss twins did otherwise, and are now billionaires with their bitcoin holdings alone.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Wasn't about holding back then.

Maybe not for you...  The Winklevoss twins did otherwise, and are now billionaires with their bitcoin holdings alone.

Jury is still out if they remain billionaires though.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I am not convinced crypto currency is good in the long term. Could be another Bre-X.

Absolutely could be.

If someone wants guaranteed solid, I would suggest something like shares in Bank of Montreal, or the likes, which I do own also.

Look at crypto more like a Vegas trip...  Don't bring any cash down that you're not willing to lose, and all is well.  Some can do very well, but the risk is certainly there.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Jury is still out if they remain billionaires though.

They haven't sold yet, have they?

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Jury is still out if they remain billionaires though.

They haven't sold yet, have they?

Exactly
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Bitcoin went up almost 20% since I posted this last night...

Frood

And it can go down too. It has had major dumps in the past.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Always recovered...  And a dump is when you buy more!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

ALL?  $20,000 total in bitcoin would represent less than 5% of my total investment portfolio.

Trust me, I'm not an idiot financially.