News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Cop gives DUI's to Completely Sober people...

Started by Angry White Male, December 09, 2017, 09:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

We can't have an honest debate if you're going to call me that Aaron guy in some character assassination ploy. It's too far off topic and makes me not want to bother with you.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Then don't, Aaron. Perhaps it's an odd coincidence that "Freud" expressed the identical attitude towards law and order in discussion in Brawl Hall.

Perhaps its best you play your troll elsewhere...

Frood

I'm happy to continue the discussion with others. I have a genuine interest in it and if you can't stick to the topic, fair enough. I can't make you. That's your choice though it doesn't help your argument, it cheapens it IMHO.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Oh, no. I've been admonished by a troll.

Whatever shall I do?

Angry White Male

Back to the point though...  Why should a cop have the ability to fuck up peoples shit for months, like in the OP?

These people were fucked for months, and expenses were their own, until their drug tests came back as negative...  THAT is a problem.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Back to the point though...  Why should a cop have the ability to fuck up peoples shit for months, like in the OP?

These people were fucked for months, and expenses were their own, until their drug tests came back as negative...  THAT is a problem.

Similar issue in the US is civil asset forfeiture. Cops take cash and valuables off of people they pull over or question on the street without charging them with anything.

Often from interstate travelers.

Then the onus rests on aggrieved to prove they are not criminals in order to get even some of their value lost back.

It's a massive scam and the proceeds have been shown to often pay for police toys, social outings, and funding shortfalls.

Victims end up writing off the loss generally. It's too costly to return and fight it.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

These problems always arise when officers are permitted to be judge, jury, and executioner at the side of the road, which seems to be more and more common these days.

I thought people were innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Angry White Male

I don't smoke dope, so if they tried that shit with me, I'd hire the best fucking lawyer I could find.  I would want my lost earnings reimbursed, lawyer fee reimbursed, and reimbursement for general assholery of shit like this...

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I don't smoke dope, so if they tried that shit with me, I'd hire the best fucking lawyer I could find.  I would want my lost earnings reimbursed, lawyer fee reimbursed, and reimbursement for general assholery of shit like this...

Loads of people have tried doing the same and have gotten nowhere. The local courts are often in on it. It's a shakedown. Open theft (versus standard police theft like citation fines).
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

The cops are generally alright. They can and do go overboard with tickets at times, but quotas are not their idea.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"I don't smoke dope, so if they tried that shit with me, I'd hire the best fucking lawyer I could find.  I would want my lost earnings reimbursed, lawyer fee reimbursed, and reimbursement for general assholery of shit like this...

Loads of people have tried doing the same and have gotten nowhere. The local courts are often in on it. It's a shakedown. Open theft (versus standard police theft like citation fines).

You're awfully well informed about the American judicial system, aintcha?

Angry White Male

My step father was never in traffic, but as an investigator told me once that those traffic dough heads have done enough harm, to the point where some people won't speak to investigators due to bullshit they received from traffic cops...

Bricktop

Gee, I'm so surprised to realise how many law enforcement experts we have in this forum....

Angry White Male

Bricktop

Really? Well, I guess that makes you an expert then, doesn't it?

I was once told how to drive a truck. Think I could manage it?