News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Look what the City of Langley has done...

Started by Angry White Male, December 24, 2017, 05:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

They did this just recently on both sides of the road.  Used to be two car lanes each way.  Now just one.

Nobody pedals their god damned bikes on this stretch of road!  And the odd guy that might?  He can pedal on the fucking sidewalk if he felt 'unsafe' the way it was.

FUCK bicyclists and FUCK the City Halls that suck their dicks by approving this shit.  This ISN'T large town Europe, where many people may pedal bikes...  NOBODY pedals bikes around here, because distances are too great, and weather is shit six months out of the year.

When I'm diktator, this silliness will be reversed!

https://preview.ibb.co/mYXFN6/IMG_2981.jpg">

Angry White Male

And you know what else the City has done?  They've installed some god damned speed bumps by a park on 50th Ave off 200th St.

NOBODY uses that fucking park, and one of the asphalt speed bumps bottoms out my fucking suspension even if I go slow!  In fact, they have a warning sign by it now, along with a flashing orange light warning motorists about it.

FUCKING INCOMPETENCE!

Anonymous

There's a strip mall near our house that recently put in speed bumps..

Even if I go over it slowly in my Nissan Altima, it doesn't sound good.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"There's a strip mall near our house that recently put in speed bumps..

You have to go really slow and do not use brakes while going over it..

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"Even if I go over it slowly in my Nissan Altima, it doesn't sound good.

That's the same as this one.  They'll have to re-do it.

Or better yet, stop putting these fucking bumps everywhere!  What's next?  Installing these bumps all the way down the highway?

Odinson

Melsonite..

Current politics is that if thereĀ“s one bicyclist in the city, other people have to bow down to him/her and give him/her whatever the little bitch needs.

Angry White Male

Angry White Male

When we were kids, we did a lot of bike riding, and we never had a problem with the way things were then.  We just used our brains...

Angry White Male

And while I'm bitching, you know what also chaps my ass?

THE PARKING STALL LINES!

Who the fuck decided it would be a good idea to paint them so narrow, that I can't even open my door?  No WONDER I end up getting dings on the side of my ride.

Costco is the ONLY one that manages to do this right.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"There's a strip mall near our house that recently put in speed bumps..

Are you going to trade that in this year?

Berry Sweet

They did that to my area back in September...put in the bike lanes and painted them green.  There's bits of green marks here and there and not a continuous stretch...its so dumb.  All of this was done because the Mayor likes to bike to work...but he only lives 10 minutes away from his work.  No one ever bikes in these lanes...they are hwy stretches where people tailagte and drive 50km/h over the speed limit..so many meridian obstruction signs have been hit and completely bent and ran over....using that bike lane would be a suicide mission.  Like im sure all the rich asians and persians in my area are going to diss their mercedes to use that bike lane!

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Like im sure all the rich asians and persians in my area are going to diss their mercedes to use that bike lane!

When's the last time you saw Asian on bicycle?  Only BMW and Mercedes for them!