News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Toll avoider on Sydney Harbour Bridge detained by plod.

Started by Bricktop, January 16, 2018, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If you live in rural areas of my province, you have probably hit and killed a wild animal while driving.

Canada and Australia, even though they may be 'Commonwealth Nations,' are not similar.

Our proximity to the US, makes things different.  Our climate, makes things different.

We can own guns.  We have wild animals here.  Sometimes they get run over with the car.

It is just the cost of doing business, in a land that others may not understand.

Um we have loads of wild animals here and guns are somewhat commonplace. The only difference are the types of wildlife and types of guns.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Um we have loads of wild animals here and guns are somewhat commonplace. The only difference are the types of wildlife and types of guns.

Nice!

Glad they haven't completely outlawed them:  Wildlife and guns.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Um we have loads of wild animals here and guns are somewhat commonplace. The only difference are the types of wildlife and types of guns.

Nice!

Glad they haven't completely outlawed them:  Wildlife and guns.

Both keep reproducing.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If you live in rural areas of my province, you have probably hit and killed a wild animal while driving.

Canada and Australia, even though they may be 'Commonwealth Nations,' are not similar.

Our proximity to the US, makes things different.  Our climate, makes things different.

We can own guns.  We have wild animals here.  Sometimes they get run over with the car.

It is just the cost of doing business, in a land that others may not understand.

Um we have loads of wild animals here and guns are somewhat commonplace. The only difference are the types of wildlife and types of guns.

I know there's hunting in Australia.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Mostly roos and wild pigs but along the cooler corridors, deer which got imported way back (like rabbits) when and still manage to keep kicking on.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Mostly roos and wild pigs but along the cooler corridors, deer which got imported way back (like rabbits) when and still manage to keep kicking on.

Deer would do well in Australia with predators like cougars, grizzlies and wolf packs.

Frood

Deer would do well in Australia with predators like cougars, grizzlies and wolf packs.

No bears here. We do have dingos. A few escaped cougars or panthers are spotted every 3-10 years. The idea is that the big cats were mascots for the American bases and they got away. Probably unlikely. They're just really overgrown domestic cats gone wild that ate too much and bred further offspring.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

No bears here. We do have dingos. A few escaped cougars or panthers are spotted every 3-10 years. The idea is that the big cats were mascots for the American bases and they got away. Probably unlikely. They're just really overgrown domestic cats gone wild that ate too much and bred further offspring.

Cougars are not overgrown domestic cats.

Frood

Cougars are not overgrown domestic cats.

After a few generations, the difference is harder to tell. We get feral cats here that are nearly as big as large dogs.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

There are more raccoons and coyotes in the city of Toronto than anywhere in the Southern Ontario countryside. And they are bigger than their cousins in the wild. No hunting ensures that.