News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8490
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Toll avoider on Sydney Harbour Bridge detained by plod.

Started by Bricktop, January 16, 2018, 12:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">

You gotta pay the toll, bro...
Roo roadkill, yum yum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
">

You gotta pay the toll, bro...
That is funny, but I dangerous too.

Frood

I ran over a brush tail possum today. It ran between the tyres of a vehicle in the oncoming lane just before our vehicles were besides each other and popped out in front of me. No place to swerve and not enough time to stop. :(

I didn't double back to check on him. Could feel the whole body under the tyre suspension. He was toast.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I ran over a brush tail possum today. It ran between the tyres of a vehicle in the oncoming lane just before our vehicles were besides each other and popped out in front of me. No place to swerve and not enough time to stop. :(

I didn't double back to check on him. Could feel the whole body under the tyre suspension. He was toast.

I looked that up....isn't that the animal in your avatar?

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I ran over a brush tail possum today. It ran between the tyres of a vehicle in the oncoming lane just before our vehicles were besides each other and popped out in front of me. No place to swerve and not enough time to stop. :(

I looked that up....isn't that the animal in your avatar?

Yes :(
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Possibly.

Possibly not.

I'm sure you are aware of my attitude towards animal killers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Possibly.

Possibly not.

I'm sure you are aware of my attitude towards animal killers.

You haven't been shy about your opposition to hunting.

Frood

And you know my views on the taking of animal life.

Our views don't matter here. Different scenario.

It was an instance of misfortune for the possum and me. Mostly for the possum who probably didn't live much more beyond a minute or two in agony, and for me, because I've given up trying to end such suffering in the state of Victoria and its stupid laws and stupid bleeding hearts who threaten to call on you at the side of the road because you're attempting to end the terminal animals pain.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"And you know my views on the taking of animal life.

It was an instance of misfortune for the possum and me. Mostly for the possum who probably didn't live much more beyond a minute or two in agony, and for me, because I've given up trying to end such suffering in the state of Victoria and its stupid laws and stupid bleeding hearts who threaten to call on you at the side of the road because you're attempting to end the terminal animals pain.

If you live in rural areas of my province, you have probably hit and killed a wild animal while driving.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"And you know my views on the taking of animal life.

If you live in rural areas of my province, you have probably hit and killed a wild animal while driving.

I've lived in a number of rural areas and hit a number of animals in my time on this earth. It's not a purposeful quick kill and it tears me up if I can't either help the animal or put it out of its misery. When you see a mangled heap of broken bones, internal injuries, and eyes out of their semi crushed skull sockets, there is only one right thing to do. Find something in your vehicle that will do the job as quick as possible and show mercy for something in agonizing pain.

And it bothers me that it's illegal here. Not only illegal but supported by most city dwellers and suburbanites. Every time I've ever stopped to ascertain an injured animal situation and gone to euthanize where necessary, someone has also stopped and tried to prevent me when time is of the essence. Inevitably, the animal passes during the argument and I hand it over while saying 'I hope you can sleep tonight'.

If something has a broken leg or wing and is otherwise alive, I'll be the first one to find a vet. I take no delight in killing for killing's sake. I'd rather not have ever hit it or seen someone else hit it.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"If you live in rural areas of my province, you have probably hit and killed a wild animal while driving.

Canada and Australia, even though they may be 'Commonwealth Nations,' are not similar.

Our proximity to the US, makes things different.  Our climate, makes things different.

We can own guns.  We have different wild animals here.  Sometimes they get run over with the car.

It is just the cost of doing business, in a land that others may not understand.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Fashionista"If you live in rural areas of my province, you have probably hit and killed a wild animal while driving.

Canada and Australia, even though they may be 'Commonwealth Nations,' are not similar.

Our proximity to the US, makes things different.  Our climate, makes things different.

We can own guns.  We have wild animals here.  Sometimes they get run over with the car.

It is just the cost of doing business, in a land that others may not understand.

Um we have loads of wild animals here and guns are somewhat commonplace. The only difference are the types of wildlife and types of guns.
Blahhhhhh...