News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Richmond "Red Light Runners" Video...

Started by Angry White Male, February 09, 2018, 10:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

The vehicles were actually undercover surveillance vehicles.  My Mother did this work, and I'll explain these vehicles and why they operate the way they do.

These are leased vehicles that have no modifications done to them except for:  The ability to deactivate the daytime running lights, and a radio that's usually installed in the glove box.  That is it.  They are not equipped with lights and sirens.  This is done so there is no way to tell that these are law enforcement vehicles.  The surveillance team will always be dressed in street clothes.

Now, how these vehicles are permitted to break the road rules (except one) is something that's actually negotiated with ICBC.  The agreement with ICBC allows these vehicles to be covered by insurance when operated in this fashion, with the exception of one rule:  School and Playground zones.  They are NOT covered should they have an issue in a School or Playground zone if found to have been exceeding the limit or breaking any other rules in these zones.

Bricktop

Angry White Male

And that's it!

It's just a video that sort of went 'mini-viral' around the news medias here in BC, after a civilian filmed this recently.

Then again, I think I may be the only poster on this board from BC, so it wouldn't really be something that other posters would have seen, I guess...

Bricktop

Dude, I was driving unmarked police cars with phantom plates and radios concealed in the bodywork in the 1980's.

What's the problem?

Angry White Male

The problem was, someone filmed a bunch of them doing what they do.  The news media picked it up.

Bricktop

So what?

Cops have been working under cover for decades. Its nothing new.

Angry White Male

People expect 'undercover' to mean Crown Vic's with everything police on them, sans the markings.  They assume them to have hidden but visible lights and audible sirens they can activate when they need to blow through a red light.

Not ALL undercover cars are like this, but most people do not know this.

Angry White Male

It wasn't uncommon for her to get pulled over by the 'real' police, since they didn't even know who they were!

Tags would come back to some made up corporation.

Usually a flash of the badge was enough to get them going again...

Frood

Undercover cops are cowards for not flying their gang colours.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Always a source of fun.

Whilst working undercover in a pub, a guy started chatting with us, and eventually offered to sell us some heroin. We agreed, and said we'd meet him in the carpark after we'd finished our beer.

A few minutes later, the bar filled with cops, grabbing us and the drug dealer and dragging us outside. Unbenown to us the barman had overheard the convo and rang it in.

Generally, unless its absolutely necessary, we don't tell the uniforms we're cops and just go about our business. But the guy twigged that the barman had grassed him and was threatening to visit the pub when he's bailed to settle his hash.

So we owned up, so that he believed we'd nailed him. The uniforms we're having quite the laugh.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Undercover cops are cowards for not flying their gang colours.

And another idiotic comment from the resident retard.

You really are an embarrassment. Even your TRF amigos have burned you.

Frood

Nothing on me or who you paranoid purport me to be.

Ashamed of your gang colours?
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Always a source of fun.

Whilst working undercover in a pub, a guy started chatting with us, and eventually offered to sell us some heroin. We agreed, and said we'd meet him in the carpark after we'd finished our beer.

A few minutes later, the bar filled with cops, grabbing us and the drug dealer and dragging us outside. Unbenown to us the barman had overheard the convo and rang it in.

Generally, unless its absolutely necessary, we don't tell the uniforms we're cops and just go about our business. But the guy twigged that the barman had grassed him and was threatening to visit the pub when he's bailed to settle his hash.

So we owned up, so that he believed we'd nailed him. The uniforms we're having quite the laugh.

I think  you probably  have a lot of interesting stories from your police career Bricktop.

cc

Undercover cops exposing "Dinkys"

ac_biggrin
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell