The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Another shooting in an American school

Started by Bricktop, February 14, 2018, 05:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

realgrimm

https://78.media.tumblr.com/56fe804740ed7c8ec21cd8e3285904d3/tumblr_p4jf9zom2y1ris16so1_500.jpg">

cc

[The conspiracy crap for this and many other items  is both embarrassing and vomit educing]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23/police-officers-guard-home-deputy-assigned-to-florida-hs-who-never-went-in-during-shooting-report.html">So - There was an armed  deputy there and he hid out.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Peterson, who was armed when gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, "never went in[to]" the building that was under attack. He said the school resource officer instead took up a position viewing the western entrance of the building.

Israel said he was "devastated, sick to my stomach" after learning of Peterson's inaction during the school shooting that left 17 people dead. The sheriff said he believes Peterson remained outside the building for roughly four minutes, while the shooting in total lasted around six minutes. Israel said the officer never fired his weapon.

"What matters is that when we, in law enforcement, arrive at an active shooter, we go in and address the target," the sheriff said. "And that's what should've been done."

When asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."

He added: "There are no words. I mean, these families lost their children...I've been to the funerals...I've been to the vigils. It's just, ah, there are no words."

Peterson resigned Thursday after video surveillance showed he never entered the school, even though he "clearly" knew there was a shooting taking place, officials said.

Officer Tim Burton of the Coral Springs Police Department, who responded to the shooting, told the New York Times that Peterson "was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell."

[And it took this long for a "apparent" upfront sheriff to say this - even though he had to know it from the gitgo ... pffft]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Quote from: "Bricktop"And people think I'M crazy???

Good point. However, we must allow that everything is "relative"

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"[The conspiracy crap for this and many other items  is both embarrassing and vomit educing]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/23/police-officers-guard-home-deputy-assigned-to-florida-hs-who-never-went-in-during-shooting-report.html">So - There was an armed  deputy there and he hid out.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said Peterson, who was armed when gunman Nikolas Cruz opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, "never went in[to]" the building that was under attack. He said the school resource officer instead took up a position viewing the western entrance of the building.

Israel said he was "devastated, sick to my stomach" after learning of Peterson's inaction during the school shooting that left 17 people dead. The sheriff said he believes Peterson remained outside the building for roughly four minutes, while the shooting in total lasted around six minutes. Israel said the officer never fired his weapon.

"What matters is that when we, in law enforcement, arrive at an active shooter, we go in and address the target," the sheriff said. "And that's what should've been done."

When asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."

He added: "There are no words. I mean, these families lost their children...I've been to the funerals...I've been to the vigils. It's just, ah, there are no words."

Peterson resigned Thursday after video surveillance showed he never entered the school, even though he "clearly" knew there was a shooting taking place, officials said.

Officer Tim Burton of the Coral Springs Police Department, who responded to the shooting, told the New York Times that Peterson "was seeking cover behind a concrete column leading to a stairwell."

[And it took this long for a "apparent" upfront sheriff to say this - even though he had to know it from the gitgo ... pffft]

This is inexcusable, but ignoring all the warnings to the police and his mental health background check is what's the most disturbing in my opinion..

He never would have made it to the school with a rifle had law enforcement did it's job.

cc

True. But it goes deeper. The lazy mistakes on this case are endless. It was not just law enforcement but social services and politicians who scare others with privacy laws

Further - This deputy on the scene called in a description of the shooter? So he saw the shooter and did nothing?

While his union chief did not attack him, even he did say "But Bell — while not condemning the deputy — proposed that it was an error not to engage the suspect, whom authorities identified as Nikolas Cruz, a 19-year-old former student of the school.

"We have to act, even if that means risking our lives to save many many more lives. I would demand that from our union members," the union official told the Post."

Anonymous

But, this shooting is all Trump and the NRA's fault.

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27972509_2034041890151043_4531650727974647629_n.jpg?oh=9277b918c67cfe38863b0021674a649f&oe=5B117F83">

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27868093_2010105355671457_1020271888406068020_n.jpg?oh=7e1b8e5a9b34090347eaed9b01c2769d&oe=5B195B17">

Anonymous

A quick search idicates that is misleading Herman.

Hitler was speaking of the need to disarm non-Aryans in the parts of Russia that had been occupied by German forces in the midst of a war, not of stripping all Germans of their guns. (And it's unlikely that Hitler would have expressed such a concept in this context, as the 1938 German Weapons Act passed during Hitler's rule actually loosened gun ownership rules

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"A quick search idicates that is misleading Herman.

Proponents of possessing guns are prone to do that, as we have witnessed repeatedly in this forum over the past week or so.

Relying on memes is also a flawed argument.

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"[The conspiracy crap for this and many other items  is both embarrassing and vomit educing]

So, you're a 54 year old deputy, and you hear gunfire. I imagine that most Americans can discern from the noise the category of weapon that is being used.

It would have been immediately apparent that whoever is shooting is using a high powered, semi automatic assault or military rifle.

You look at your 9mm pistol...maybe a .357...and realise that you are vastly outgunned. I can assure you that any cop would hesitate before going in blind with a pistol up against an AR15. Its a suicide mission. Accuracy, fire rate and stopping power are all on the villains side.

It is somewhat disingeuous to criticise this man, when you arm him with a relative pea shooter, and arm the perpetrator with a military rifle.

Who amongst YOU would cast the first stone.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"

So, you're a 54 year old deputy, and you hear gunfire. I imagine that most Americans can discern from the noise the category of weapon that is being used.

It would have been immediately apparent that whoever is shooting is using a high powered, semi automatic assault or military rifle.

You look at your 9mm pistol...maybe a .357...and realise that you are vastly outgunned. I can assure you that any cop would hesitate before going in blind with a pistol up against an AR15. Its a suicide mission. Accuracy, fire rate and stopping power are all on the villains side.

It is somewhat disingeuous to criticise this man, when you arm him with a relative pea shooter, and arm the perpetrator with a military rifle.

Who amongst YOU would cast the first stone.

A pistol is a semi auto weapon just as an AR 15 is, the only advantage to an AR15 is better aiming at a distance, and more bullets in the magazine (of course the shooter may have used them up).  OTOH the cop would have had the element of surprise on a distracted shooter.

bottom line though, if you're too scared to go after bad guys, don't become a cop.  Choose another line of work.

kiebers

He was a 30 year veteran of the Broward County Sheriff's department. In 2015 he responded to a call in a cafeteria, grabbed his gun, pursued 4 and apprehended 2 so not just a public relations operative. You don't get issued a weapon without having some kind of proficiency with it.

He had a sworn duty to protect. He didn't. When children are being killed...you can't wait, you have to act. No different than what a parent would do for their own child in other situations. Sorry I can't give him a pass on this.

I guess I look at it as, if I were to see a child about to get hit by a car and I knew I would be hit and maimed or killed if I pushed it out of the way, I know I would do my best to save the child and take my chances knowing I did the best I could. School shooting would be no different.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

https://media.giphy.com/media/65kQC6Mg4XIsw/giphy.gif">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.