The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Gun-Stunned Progs - Teacher talks about safety after Florida school shooting, is told to get psych exam, go on leave

Started by cc, February 27, 2018, 04:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/27/teacher-talks-about-safety-after-florida-school-shooting-is-told-to-get-psych-exam-go-on-leave.html">Teacher talks about safety after Florida school shooting, is told to get psych exam, go on leave

By nearly every account Timothy Locke is one of the most beloved teachers in the Cherry Hill, N.J., school district.

Locke is a veteran of the Iraq war and for the past 17 years he's flavored his classroom lessons at Cherry Hill East High School with real-life experiences.

But on Feb. 22, the veteran school teacher was summoned to the principal's office where his bag was searched, he was placed on administrative leave and was ordered to undergo a physical and a psychiatric evaluation.

According to parents and students Locke's only crime was to address his concerns about school safety with youngsters in his Advanced Placement History class.  The teacher feared a similar attack could happen at Cherry Hill East.

"During the course of the conversation he indicated that he would protect his students if something like (Parkland, Florida) happened here," parent Eric Ascalon told "The Todd Starnes Radio Show." "He was raising safety concerns about the school with the students. And the intent of his statement (was that) he would protect his students at all costs."

Imagine that, folks. An Iraq war veteran reassured his students that if someone tried to attack the school, he'd be there to protect them. That's a good thing, right?

Well, the leadership at Cherry Hill East felt otherwise after a student in the classroom complained
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Students by the dozens staged a protest on campus Monday – urging the school to reinstate the teacher.

"A lot of what the school here is doing is trying to shut out what happened in Florida, instead of saying 'this is what we have to do, this is what we're going do next,' how we can fix what we are doing," sophomore Debbie Goldberg told ABC News.

"Mr. Locke, if you're watching, we got your back," said senior Justin Prechodko.

Ascalon said his son was enrolled in one of Locke's classes last year and called him an "amazing teacher who has an ability to connect with the students on a variety of levels."

Blazor

We here at the Cashew (except Bricktop) have your back Mr. Locke!

That is some bullshit, fuck that principal.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

I remember a few years ago, they were gonna ban camo at school cause they thought it was racist. My son's whole wardrobe at the time was camo. He launched a protest, and all his friends joined him, and spread the word that night, that the next day they would all wear camo. And they did, hundreds of students did. He was happy, school dropped the issue. That was a proud moment I had for my son  :thumbup:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blazor"We here at the Cashew (except Bricktop) have your back Mr. Locke!

Wouldn't it be dull if we all held the same opinions!!!

ac_boring

cc

Schools safer today than in 1990s, study on shootings says

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/27/schools-safer-today-1990s-study-shootings-says/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ings-says/">https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/27/schools-safer-today-1990s-study-shootings-says/

Despite the horror of the high school massacre in Florida, U.S. schools overall are safer today than they were in the early 1990s, and there is not an epidemic of such shootings, a new academic study is reporting.

Researchers at Northeastern University say mass school shootings are extremely rare, that shootings involving students have been declining since the 1990s, and four times as many children were killed in schools in the early 1990s than today.

"There is not an epidemic of school shootings," said James Alan Fox, the Lipman Family Professor of Criminology, Law and Public Policy at Northeastern. He said more children die each year from pool drownings or bicycle accidents.

There are about 55 million school children in the U.S., the study said, and over the past 25 years, about 10 students on average per year were killed by gunfire at school.

The researchers used data collected by USA Today, the FBI's Supplementary Homicide Report, Congressional Research Service, Gun Violence Archive, Stanford Geospatial Center and Stanford Libraries, Mother Jones, Everytown for Gun Safety, and a New York City Police Department report on active shooters.

Bricktop

Another example of "studies" that actually have no relevance to reality.

The NUMBER of school slaughters is not the problem.

ONE is ONE too many. The rate of children been massacred in schools is neither here nor there to the 17 dead in Florida.

That "study" is like saying more people are killed in country music concerts than heavy metal.

cc

Moving forward ...

Florida Gov. is officially in process of drastically revising all aspects of every department in the chain from law enforcement to social services to school councilors and every agency in between

(While not likely practical) the intention is to reduce killings to "0"

2 victims fathers will be full time involved indefinitely in seeing that all boxes get  checked and stay checked

They all hope to set the standard and also pressure all other states do likewise

Fine details to follow

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Students by the dozens staged a protest on campus Monday – urging the school to reinstate the teacher.

"A lot of what the school here is doing is trying to shut out what happened in Florida, instead of saying 'this is what we have to do, this is what we're going do next,' how we can fix what we are doing," sophomore Debbie Goldberg told ABC News.

"Mr. Locke, if you're watching, we got your back," said senior Justin Prechodko.

Ascalon said his son was enrolled in one of Locke's classes last year and called him an "amazing teacher who has an ability to connect with the students on a variety of levels."

Do the parents think discussing it will cause emotional anguish or something like that?

cc

I have no idea about the "thought" (or not) process of prog minds

It always seems that when presented with 2 roads at the fork (one logical and practical, one emotional and impractical), they choose the road to  "stupid"

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I have no idea about the "thought" (or not) process of prog minds

It always seems that when presented with 2 roads at the fork (one logical and practical, one emotional and impractical), they choose the road to  "stupid"

EVERY FUCKING TIME!!

Frood

Quote from: "cc"I have no idea about the "thought" (or not) process of prog minds

Or on guns, the yellow Bricktopian road of stupid.

A very yellow road.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Have you ever considered the option of installing an "off" switch.

People are getting fed up with this moronic and pointless derailing.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Have you ever considered the option of installing an "off" switch.

People are getting fed up with this moronic and pointless derailing.

All cool. I mostly just skim what you say. It's all good.  :thumbup:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/27/teacher-talks-about-safety-after-florida-school-shooting-is-told-to-get-psych-exam-go-on-leave.html">Teacher talks about safety after Florida school shooting, is told to get psych exam, go on leave

By nearly every account Timothy Locke is one of the most beloved teachers in the Cherry Hill, N.J., school district.

Locke is a veteran of the Iraq war and for the past 17 years he's flavored his classroom lessons at Cherry Hill East High School with real-life experiences.

But on Feb. 22, the veteran school teacher was summoned to the principal's office where his bag was searched, he was placed on administrative leave and was ordered to undergo a physical and a psychiatric evaluation.

According to parents and students Locke's only crime was to address his concerns about school safety with youngsters in his Advanced Placement History class.  The teacher feared a similar attack could happen at Cherry Hill East.

"During the course of the conversation he indicated that he would protect his students if something like (Parkland, Florida) happened here," parent Eric Ascalon told "The Todd Starnes Radio Show." "He was raising safety concerns about the school with the students. And the intent of his statement (was that) he would protect his students at all costs."

Imagine that, folks. An Iraq war veteran reassured his students that if someone tried to attack the school, he'd be there to protect them. That's a good thing, right?

Well, the leadership at Cherry Hill East felt otherwise after a student in the classroom complained

The principal needs a psych exam.