Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Any Current/Ex-Junkies Here?

Started by Angry White Male, March 03, 2018, 09:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yes I smoke.  I hate it.  I'm not going to defend it just because I do.

I'm not a heavy smoker and still trying to quit.  I can smoke max 5 a day.  Sometimes I go days without smoking.

I will agree that cigarettes are the worst ever.  They are horrible for our health.  2nd hand smoke is no better.  I'm not going to try the vape cause I want to switch over from one to another...I just want to quit period.  One day I will and I will be done with it.

I know how hard it is to quit smoking. I am glad I did.

Berry Sweet

Did you try any methods?  Or just plain will power?

Cocktop hasn't said if he smokes or not yet...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Did you try any methods?  Or just plain will power?

No, vaping, no gum, no patches, just sheer determinatiom.

I think Brick said once he is an ex smoker.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Nice.  I'm not using anything either.  Just cutting back and getting off on my own.  

Never know.  Lots of smokers out there talking shit.  Smoking is the worst.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Nice.  I'm not using anything either.  Just cutting back and getting off on my own.  

Never know.  Lots of smokers out there talking shit.  Smoking is the worst.

It's highly addictive so I've heard.

Blazor

The media is using too many scare tactics about marijuana.  They are making it sound like its worse than street drugs or alcohol.  It's so pathetic.

Weed is not dangerous and it's not addicting at all.  I don't use it everyday...just when  I need to.  

Can't you get the candies at a dispensary in your area?

Im in Virginia, its not legalized here yet  :sad:

My first experience with a dispensary was my trip to Seattle back in May. I loved it lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"People can become addicted to prescription drugs as well.  They're legal so it's labelled as ok.  It's such garbage.  

I hate pills.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yes I smoke.  I hate it.  I'm not going to defend it just because I do.

I'm not a heavy smoker and still trying to quit.  I can smoke max 5 a day.  Sometimes I go days without smoking.

I will agree that cigarettes are the worst ever.  They are horrible for our health.  2nd hand smoke is no better.  I'm not going to try the vape cause I want to switch over from one to another...I just want to quit period.  One day I will and I will be done with it.

If you mean cigs, I'll tell ya how I quit. I bought me a pinch hitter that looks like a cig. Worked like a charm. Popped a piece of gum when I got a craving while I was working. Getting past the first 2 weeks is the worst, but if you get past 2 months, you're golden. Just dont look back.

Blazor

I know how hard it is to quit smoking. I am glad I did.

Glad to hear you still smoke free  ac_drinks

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"People can become addicted to prescription drugs as well.  They're legal so it's labelled as ok.  It's such garbage.  

The zopiclone I was taking is addictive.  I got off of it cause I was tired of it and the side effects I suffered.  It wasn't horrible getting off but it threw me off balance.  Now almost 10 mo  later, I feel so much better.  I still have problems with insomnia...which is why I use the weed.  I don't want prescription drugs just because they are legal...but weed is going to be legal in 4 months anyway.

Which is another way of saying ALL drugs are dangerous. None are safe, because they are alien to our physiology AND psychology.

Do you smoke?

Do I LOOK like I smoke?

Sheesh.

My addiction is well known to everyone here. It's no secret.

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thewhiskyvault.com%2Fekmps%2Fshops%2Fc1207730%2Fimages%2Flagavulin-1993-feis-ile-2008-bottling-2252-p.jpg&f=1">

Anonymous

^^But, you did smoke at one time in your life didn't you?

Bricktop

Yes.

And Lagavulin is hailed as the King of the smokey whiskies.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes.

And Lagavulin is hailed as the King of the smokey whiskies.

I am getting thirsty. I have a bottle of Glenfiddich single malt 18 year old Scotch whisky in the cupboard.

Bricktop

Then why are you wasting time on the internet.

We're visiting Glenfiddich in Dufftown when in Scotland later this year.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Then why are you wasting time on the internet.

We're visiting Glenfiddich in Dufftown when in Scotland later this year.

As much as I'd like open up that bottle, it's 11:30 pm and I have to work tomorrow.