Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

ATTN: Joe RE: NSC

Started by Angry White Male, March 06, 2018, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Joe"He wanted me to write the NSC examinations because he is to fuckin dumb and illiterate to pass them himself.

Since I am probably the only guy around any of these forums that has done this, I can explain how this works, should you desire this knowledge...  I know you posted this over there, but I'm sure you pop in here also from time to time.

This test isn't as easy as it once was, 'cause East Indians with barely any understanding of the industry or its standards were getting NSC's by the boatload...  They would load up on 'em, and if one was cancelled, they'd just run under a backup NSC.  So, they made the process more difficult, and have also reviewed a lot of 'idle' (read: backup) NSC's.

First off you need a commercial vehicle either registered in your name, or your company's name.  It makes no sense for them to do it this way in my view, but they will not allow you to take the test before you actually own, or at least have registered in your name (or company's name), a commercial vehicle.

The test is $200 if I recall correctly, which is non-refundable, and it's really not that easy.  What the test focuses on these days are different then what it used to focus on.  Used to focus more on vehicle safety.  Now it focuses more on the clerical aspects of the business...  What documents you need to keep, and how long you have to keep them, in a nutshell.  There's more to it than that, but the focus is knowledge on what a business owner is expected to do regarding the handling of ALL paperwork, and what you have to do/keep when hiring drivers, even if that driver is you.

Most people actually fail this test on the first try.  Some actually never pass.  I know a guy that has tried four times ($800), and still cannot pass it, but English is not his first language, and test is only conducted in English.  Test is a paper test, and it is not multiple choice.  Answers must be written in full.

You will do this test at the CVSE building in Surrey, which is right at HWY 10 and 152.  The tester is, or was then, an uppity female that will think she knows everything about you and your business.

I saw one guy take one look at the test, and he walked right out.

Frood

Goodness you Canadians are overregulated. I thought we were here but damn.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Goodness you Canadians are overregulated. I thought we were here but damn.

Yes, we are. It's a huge burden and mostly unnecessary.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Goodness you Canadians are overregulated. I thought we were here but damn.

Too many problems with "New Canadians" running junk trucks and killing people, or expecting their drivers to break every rule in the book.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I can explain how this works, should you desire this knowledge...

What knowledge?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"What knowledge?

Are you dumb?

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"What knowledge?

Are you dumb?

Never answer a question with a question.  It makes you look dumb.

Angry White Male

You're dumb.  And learn to clean up your quotes...

Berry Sweet

You still haven't told me about this "knowledge"....

Angry White Male

Berry Sweet

https://media.collegetimes.com/uploads/2014/02/Looking.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

Since I am probably the only guy around any of these forums that has done this, I can explain how this works, should you desire this knowledge...  I know you posted this over there, but I'm sure you pop in here also from time to time.

Herman passed the Saskatchewan equivalent.

Berry Sweet

I never read his post.  The "knowledge" part cracked me up...lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I never read his post.  The "knowledge" part cracked me up...lol

He thinks it's rocket science.

:laugh:

Berry Sweet