The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Bricktop.

Started by Bricktop, March 15, 2018, 12:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

QuoteSay your in the outback and your surrounded by a pack of starving dingos and you only have a one shot piece of shit rifle, what do you do? Wouldn't you rather have a semi auto?

Why just dingos? Rabbits, birds, whatever. You always want enough ammo with ya.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Skippy"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "cc"ha

ha

Say your in the outback and your surrounded by a pack of starving dingos and you only have a one shot piece of shit rifle, what do you do? Wouldn't you rather have a semi auto?

ac_razz

Dingoes are not pack hunters. They do not attack adults.

If they are not threatening, it is illegal to shoot them.

Dingoes are territorial. It is rather simple to refrain from entering their territory.

However, assuming that your knowledge of dingoes has a sense of reality, are you thus implying that everyone who ventures forth in the Australian wilderness should thus be armed with an AR15 or similar?

Anonymous

Dingoes are a social animal, aren't they?

They are probably a little bigger than our coyotes, but smaller than our timber wolves.

Bricktop

I'm not familiar with coyotes, but I've seen timber wolves.

Dingoes are much smaller, and much more timid.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I'm not familiar with coyotes, but I've seen timber wolves.

Dingoes are much smaller, and much more timid.

Timber wolves are very shy around humans, coyotes can live in cities.

Bricktop

Dingos are very shy and stay well away from people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Dingos are very shy and stay well away from people.

I never saw any when I lived in Queensland. But, people told me you could view them in North Queensland.

Bricktop

There is a native pack on Fraser Island. But they are highly territorial and prefer isolation. It would be a remarkable event if you came across a pack of dingoes in the bush.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"There is a native pack on Fraser Island. But they are highly territorial and prefer isolation. It would be a remarkable event if you came across a pack of dingoes in the bush.

And the dingoes there are not cross bred with domestic dogs.

Bricktop

Apparently they are the purest strain of dingo in existence.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Apparently they are the purest strain of dingo in existence.

They are a good looking dog. A bit thin though.

Bricktop

Yes. Like wild wolves...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yes. Like wild wolves...

Timber wolves are bigger and and more muscular. Wolves are true pack dogs. They are Canada's apex carnivores. They bring down bigger animals than grizzlies, polar bears, cougars and wolverines even though individually they are smaller than all of them except wolverines.

Anonymous

Dingoes have attacked people in recent years.

Bricktop

Indeed they have.

Children, mostly.

They are not big enough to kill average sized adults. They are much smaller and lighter than wolves.

But they are a wild predatory carnivore and so humans must approach their territory cautiously.