News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

And THAT's How its done (School Shooting Mostly Avoided)

Started by Wazzzup, March 20, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "deadskinmask"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Put another way, you're obsessed with guns.

You think they make you 10 feet tall.

not obsessed. believe me, i've seen 'gun obsessed'.... i only have shotguns for designated purposes. no automatics. nothing 'military grade'.... i just know how useful they are and i keep one for every purpose.... as for '10 feet tall', not really.... more like 8 feet tall and bullet-resistant.... :D

Do you hunt? I don't myself, but I love fishing.

i do both. prefer hunting though. i'm not patient enough to love fishing....

That's cool. What do you hunt? I've tried venison, elk and moose in Canada. I had turtle in Central America.

deadskinmask

not obsessed. believe me, i've seen 'gun obsessed'.... i only have shotguns for designated purposes. no automatics. nothing 'military grade'.... i just know how useful they are and i keep one for every purpose.... as for '10 feet tall', not really.... more like 8 feet tall and bullet-resistant.... :D

That's cool. What do you hunt? I've tried venison, elk and moose in Canada. I had turtle in Central America.

anything edible.... i have a friend who only hunts gators and bears.... ppl say 'omg. you are so brave'.... he says 'nope. scared as hell. but i'm lazy as shit too. and hunting is alot easier when they look for you'.... :D

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Ever known an obsessed person admit to being obsessed?

so i'm gun obsessed because i have multiple guns that all handle differently and are better suited for different situations? so a fellow with a set of golf clubs would be golf obsessed? since he just wants to hit a ball, he should just have one club? or do you agree that a wide range of clubs is needed to properly play golf? as i said, i'm a hunter. same thing as being a golfer.... i dress funny and try to make a 'hole in one'.... i need a full set to play properly.... thats all there is to it....

Now that you raise it, yes...many golfers ARE obsessed.

However, golfer's obsessions don't involve killing animals...or humans, for that matter. I wonder the mentality that enjoys so doing.

Anonymous

anything edible.... i have a friend who only hunts gators and bears.... ppl say 'omg. you are so brave'.... he says 'nope. scared as hell. but i'm lazy as shit too. and hunting is alot easier when they look for you'.... :D

Gator and bear eh? Both are probably gamy tasting. I didn't care for turtle.

deadskinmask

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Ever known an obsessed person admit to being obsessed?

so i'm gun obsessed because i have multiple guns that all handle differently and are better suited for different situations? so a fellow with a set of golf clubs would be golf obsessed? since he just wants to hit a ball, he should just have one club? or do you agree that a wide range of clubs is needed to properly play golf? as i said, i'm a hunter. same thing as being a golfer.... i dress funny and try to make a 'hole in one'.... i need a full set to play properly.... thats all there is to it....

Now that you raise it, yes...many golfers ARE obsessed.

However, golfer's obsessions don't involve killing animals...or humans, for that matter. I wonder the mentality that enjoys so doing.

well.... i'm not gonna lie.... i feel bad if i don't make a clean kill. while i enjoy having fresh meat on the table, that animal did me no wrong and i need to do my best to ensure he doesn't suffer.... i'd much rather be tracking down thieves and child molesters but its not legal to do it.... and they probably don't taste as good anyway.... btw.... there was a golfer who killed a deer with a golf club a long time back. it got stuck in a sand trap and he beat it down.... i think that raises more questions about his mentality than mine.... unless my freezer was empty, i woulda helped that deer get out of there....

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Frood

Some people just don't get that it's not murder if you eat it.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Bingo, one of the reasons I prefer hunting to fishing too  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Someone whos hungry and doesnt like to shop for food that is barely edible in the stores? Too much crap in the meat here.

Blazor

Quote from: "deadskinmask".... i'd much rather be tracking down thieves and child molesters but its not legal to do it.... and they probably don't taste as good anyway...

:laugh:

I prefer a clean kill as well. I even say a prayer upon the deer and thanking it for its food it provides, and may it rest in peace.

Anonymous

Handguns are used in about two-thirds of firearms murders in Canada, yet almost none of the homicide handguns are legally owned. Even the Liberals recognized a ban would do nothing for public safety.

Their bill will, however, make banning individual models and classes of guns easier by making bans possible without recourse to Parliament.

The bill doesn't set up a new registry (good). But it does require records of gun sales to be kept by sellers for 20 years (a sort of de facto registry).

Plus, it will also make transporting a gun to target shoot or hunt more bureaucratic. And it will likely and eventually require owners to put Un-approved codes on their firearms.

The Libs' bill places even more burden, expense and inconvenience on law-abiding gun owners, while likely doing very little to discourage gun crime.

And that, too, will be more keenly felt in rural Canada where more people hunt and use guns to control predators and vermin on farms and ranches.

Bricktop

What is the difference between a "legally" and "illegally" owned firearm?

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"Plus, it will also make transporting a gun to target shoot or hunt more bureaucratic.

This is not true.

If the proposed changes go through, there will only be transport changes to restricted and prohibited firearms (read: handguns).

Hunting long-guns have never really been regulated much in the way of how they can be transported, but handguns are.  And you cannot hunt with handguns here.

So, what they propose is leaving the Authority to Transport regs alone in the way of automatically making it a condition that allows you to go to gun range.  What they want to change is making an owner request an ATT to take gun to gunsmith, as well as a few other places.

They are doing this because the odd idiot was driving around with his handgun, claiming he was on his way to whatever gunsmith, when he probably wasn't.

Bear in mind that these changes are still not as bad as things used to be here.  Before, you'd have to request ATT for ANY movement of handgun.  Essentially they are trying to slowly change the rules back to how they once were.

Also remember, that these changes are just proposals at this time.  They will probably pass, but they have not yet been implemented.  Honestly, these changes really do not affect me much at all, even though I own handgun.

Angry White Male

However, it's really all moot anyhow, since handguns must legally be transported in a trunk (if your vehicle has one), and no officer can demand to know the contents of your trunk unless you are engaged in criminal activities.

My entire life I have never been asked the contents of my trunk, or asked to open my trunk.  Only Canadian/US Customs has the right to sift through your shit.

Angry White Male

Long guns have no transport restrictions, other than they must be kept unloaded while in transport.

I had a 30.30 Winchester levergun riding beside me in the cab of my pickup while cruising up a dirt road to do some shooting.  A conservation officer had set up a roadblock to check for illegal poaching.

He saw the rifle, and pleasantly asked me if he may inspect chamber to make sure gun empty.  I complied, he was happy, and I was on my way.  So that they may check, but they only knew I had firearm because it was sitting right beside me!